Copenhagen Games have officially announced their prize pool, venue location, and format for this year’s Team Fortress 2 LAN tournament.
The tournament is officially sponsored by L33T-Gaming TF2. L33T-Gaming is a European manufacturer of high-end gaming chairs and tables, as well as mouse mats and other accessories such as backpacks and more. L33T-Gaming TF2's sponsor statement can be found on the Copenhagen Games Esport Festival website here.
Team Fortress 2 is back again for this year's Copenhagen Games Esports Festival. (Poster by Kirsty "soda" Meek and Ummu "ummuvonnadia" Zakaria)
The event will take place from April 17th to 20th, at Lokomotivværkstedet in Copenhagen, with 210 seats available in the tournament and a €12,000 prize pool up for the taking.
The event will be produced in association with Phoenix Red. Specific talent such as commentators, producers, and observers will be announced at a later date.
The tournament is split into two game modes: a 6v6 tournament and a Highlander 9v9 tournament. Both the 6v6 and Highlander tournament are split into two parts: a round robin stage, and playoffs stage teams that move onto a double elimination playoffs bracket.
The number of teams per group will be:
- 6v6 Invite: 4 teams
- 6v6 Open: 6 teams
- Highlander: 4 teams
The number of groups, based on the number of teams, is capped as follows:
- 6v6 Invite: 4 teams
- 6v6 Open: 28 teams
- Highlander: 8 teams
Please note the tournament page on Copenhagen Games' official website has not updated this information as of yet, and these are the confirmed numbers by CPG TF2 staff.
The information on the site states that final details of the tournament are subject to change, depending on how many teams will be signing up.
The prize pool for the tournament is €12,000.
Prize pool split between 6v6 and Highlander, as well as distribution for the top final placements, is to be officially announced at a later date.
Please note these are the confirmed times from CPG TF2 staff, and schedules on the official Copenhagen Games website as well as the TF2 LAN website are yet to be updated to match.
All times are in CEST.
Wednesday, April 17th
- 14:00 PM | Player Check-In Opens
- 20:00 PM | Player Check-In Closes
- 21:00 PM | Team Leader Briefing
Thursday, April 18th
- 10:00 AM | 6v6 Invite Groups Starts
- 10:30 AM | 6v6 Open Groups Starts
- 15:00 PM | HL Groups Starts
- 21:00 PM | 6v6 Upper Brackets Round 1
Friday, April 19th
- 10:00 AM | HL Upper Brackets Round 1
- 12:45 PM | HL Upper Brackets Round 2
- 12:45 PM | HL Lower Brackets Round 1
- 15:30 PM | 6v6 Upper Brackets Round 2
- 15:30 PM | 6v6 Lower Brackets Round 1
- 18:15 PM | 6v6 Lower Brackets Round 2
- 21:00 PM | 6v6 Upper Brackets Finals
- 21:00 PM | 6v6 Lower Brackets Round 3
Saturday, April 20th
- 10:00 AM | HL Lower Brackets Finals
- 12:45 PM | 6v6 Lower Brackets Finals
- 14:45 PM | Highlander Pre-Finals Briefing
- 15:30 PM | Highlander Grand Finals
- 17:30 PM | TF2 Group Photo
- 18:00 PM | 6v6 Pre-Finals Briefing
- 19:00 PM | 6v6 Grand Finals
Official rules and regulations for the tournament can be found on the Copenhagen Games tournament page here.
The official thread for Copenhagen Games TF2 LAN discussion & further updates can be found here.