Upvote Upvoted 0 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3
What is the game that requires the most skill?
posted in Other Games
61
#61
4 Frags +
shirtsnotshoesreading the serious suggestions in this thread, I am afraid none of these fit what I wanted. Actually, now that I think about it, I think my expectations far exceed the capabilities of current videogames.

I want something where I'm able to have complete control over my character (i'm talking about availability to control muscle contractions and shit with just my hands or some other input method, so I don't know if multiple keyboards would suffice or what, cuz that level of APM might not be humanely possible) so that the skill is not only in outplaying/reading your opponents but also in your ability to control your own character and utilize attacks that you can create yourself; like martial arts in real life kind of.

Ironically, the closest thing that I can think of to this is bending in minecraft. There aren't videos that showcase it but it's basically the same idea except the combos and stuff are simple (pressing buttons to activate the same move over and over again). This type of game would have to have extremely low lag too :[

quake is fun but it's mostly aim & thinking, I want something with micro, thinking, and combat (so SC2 and other ARTS are out of the picture)..

Any suggestions or do I lose :(?

edit: also Melee is good but it's not really as deep as I want it. Instead of having like 10 moves in total to cycle through in situations to combo, I'd rather be able to create hundreds of moves myself, through free movement if that makes sense.

is it possible to use your feet for input LOL like I don't think just hands cut it for this type of game i'm describing..

I realized what game he needs.

Toribash

[quote=shirtsnotshoes]reading the serious suggestions in this thread, I am afraid none of these fit what I wanted. Actually, now that I think about it, I think my expectations far exceed the capabilities of current videogames.

I want something where I'm able to have complete control over my character (i'm talking about availability to control muscle contractions and shit with just my hands or some other input method, so I don't know if multiple keyboards would suffice or what, cuz that level of APM might not be humanely possible) so that the skill is not only in outplaying/reading your opponents but also in your ability to control your own character and utilize attacks that you can create yourself; like martial arts in real life kind of.

Ironically, the closest thing that I can think of to this is bending in minecraft. There aren't videos that showcase it but it's basically the same idea except the combos and stuff are simple (pressing buttons to activate the same move over and over again). This type of game would have to have extremely low lag too :[

quake is fun but it's mostly aim & thinking, I want something with micro, thinking, and combat (so SC2 and other ARTS are out of the picture)..

Any suggestions or do I lose :(?

edit: also Melee is good but it's not really as deep as I want it. Instead of having like 10 moves in total to cycle through in situations to combo, I'd rather be able to create hundreds of moves myself, through free movement if that makes sense.

is it possible to use your feet for input LOL like I don't think just hands cut it for this type of game i'm describing..[/quote]

I realized what game he needs.

Toribash
62
#62
2 Frags +

chivalry: medieval warfare is as close as you can get to a semi-alive, full character control PvP game.

gunz: the duel is ancient & super niche since it lives solely on private servers & only hardcore veterans even play it, but it prioritizes character control over everything else. arguably one of the hardest mechanical shooter games (although i enjoy tf2 a lot more than the current state of gunz).

these servers are practically the only ones with players (only ~200 on at any given time):
https://universegunz.net/ and https://fgunz.net/

here's a decent enough tutorial to get you started on playing the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg8QsK8-Ds0

here's an example of the physical mechanics required to play gunz (note that this guy is way slower than most players nowadays -- unfortunately, i can't find any keyboard videos more current & accurate of gameplay than this):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyQ2O-LtgRo

here's an example of a typical 1v1 match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgkEj1JBFPI

elder scrolls: daggerfall is also a lot like what you're describing, but it's single-player & on DOS. really fun game regardless.

if you can compromise on not having full limb control, natural selection 2 might be up your alley.

chivalry: medieval warfare is as close as you can get to a semi-alive, full character control PvP game.

gunz: the duel is ancient & super niche since it lives solely on private servers & only hardcore veterans even play it, but it prioritizes character control over everything else. arguably one of the hardest mechanical shooter games (although i enjoy tf2 a lot more than the current state of gunz).

these servers are practically the only ones with players (only ~200 on at any given time):
https://universegunz.net/ and https://fgunz.net/

here's a decent enough tutorial to get you started on playing the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg8QsK8-Ds0

here's an example of the physical mechanics required to play gunz (note that this guy is way slower than most players nowadays -- unfortunately, i can't find any keyboard videos more current & accurate of gameplay than this):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyQ2O-LtgRo

here's an example of a typical 1v1 match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgkEj1JBFPI

elder scrolls: daggerfall is also a lot like what you're describing, but it's single-player & on DOS. really fun game regardless.

if you can compromise on not having full limb control, natural selection 2 might be up your alley.
63
#63
0 Frags +

Joshuawn i'm not gonna lie that game looks fun as fuck. I'm going to definitely play it until I get bored with it/find something I dislike with it. It's not the game I was looking for but it certainly looks fun as hell to try to master. I'm referring to gunz btw. I don't know if I should try the original or the new one that came out, though.

Daggerfall and natural selection 2 isn't what I'm looking for. not sure why you suggested those :o

Joshuawn i'm not gonna lie that game looks fun as fuck. I'm going to definitely play it until I get bored with it/find something I dislike with it. It's not the game I was looking for but it certainly looks fun as hell to try to master. I'm referring to gunz btw. I don't know if I should try the original or the new one that came out, though.

Daggerfall and natural selection 2 isn't what I'm looking for. not sure why you suggested those :o
64
#64
-1 Frags +

Street Fighter 3rd strike is pretty dam complex if u get to a high level, getting the execution 100% and predictions
SF4 and 5 are super slow tho

Street Fighter 3rd strike is pretty dam complex if u get to a [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzS96auqau0]high level[/url], getting the execution 100% and predictions
SF4 and 5 are super slow tho
65
#65
1 Frags +
shirtsnotshoesJoshuawn i'm not gonna lie that game looks fun as fuck. I'm going to definitely play it until I get bored with it/find something I dislike with it. It's not the game I was looking for but it certainly looks fun as hell to try to master. I'm referring to gunz btw. I don't know if I should try the original or the new one that came out, though.

Daggerfall and natural selection 2 isn't what I'm looking for. not sure why you suggested those :o

i suggested them because they have a lot of your desired features. don't get snarky with me boy!!!

gunz 2 was a massive flop & has less players than the gunz 1 pservers. it is unfortunate since gunz 2 has really cool graphics, but they massively fucked up the netcode & the combat is much clunkier.

[quote=shirtsnotshoes]Joshuawn i'm not gonna lie that game looks fun as fuck. I'm going to definitely play it until I get bored with it/find something I dislike with it. It's not the game I was looking for but it certainly looks fun as hell to try to master. I'm referring to gunz btw. I don't know if I should try the original or the new one that came out, though.

Daggerfall and natural selection 2 isn't what I'm looking for. not sure why you suggested those :o[/quote]

i suggested them because they have a lot of your desired features. don't get snarky with me boy!!!

gunz 2 was a massive flop & has less players than the gunz 1 pservers. it is unfortunate since gunz 2 has really cool graphics, but they massively fucked up the netcode & the combat is much clunkier.
66
#66
-1 Frags +

yeah I'll try out the first one then. link to reddit if anyone cares https://www.reddit.com/r/gunz/

@#64 3s does look fun and i might give it a go but I think it'll be similar to melee in that the combos are kind of fixed in that there doesn't allow as much creativity as I want.

yeah I'll try out the first one then. link to reddit if anyone cares https://www.reddit.com/r/gunz/

@#64 3s does look fun and i might give it a go but I think it'll be similar to melee in that the combos are kind of fixed in that there doesn't allow as much creativity as I want.
67
#67
1 Frags +
troyVulcan
http://puu.sh/sR4bs/1f7fd944b8.png

http://puu.sh/sR4d7/af068c0208.png

Your point?

[quote=troy][quote=Vulcan][/quote]

[img]http://puu.sh/sR4bs/1f7fd944b8.png[/img]

[img]http://puu.sh/sR4d7/af068c0208.png[/img][/quote]
Your point?
68
#68
-1 Frags +

Dude just do hema u can practice all your life, it's cool af, meets all ur mechanical requirements and you become a history buff on top. Also if you're careful you won't even die irl.

Dude just do hema u can practice all your life, it's cool af, meets all ur mechanical requirements and you become a history buff on top. Also if you're careful you won't even die irl.
69
#69
0 Frags +

Half-life 1 and 2

Half-life 1 and 2
70
#70
10 Frags +

correct answer is tf2
how else could b4nny rein supreme for so long

correct answer is tf2
how else could b4nny rein supreme for so long
71
#71
CappingTV
-3 Frags +

Memz.exe is a really hard game, you have a 90% chance of getting a dead computer, a 5% chance of your work getting corrupted and a 5% chance of surviving, for now.

Memz.exe is a really hard game, you have a 90% chance of getting a dead computer, a 5% chance of your work getting corrupted and a 5% chance of surviving, for now.
72
#72
-1 Frags +
the301stspartanDude just do hema u can practice all your life, it's cool af, meets all ur mechanical requirements and you become a hidtory bugf on top. Also if you're careful you won't even die irl.

HEMA is lit. I did German Longsword last year and I regret quiting, but I didn't have the time and it was expensive.

[quote=the301stspartan]Dude just do hema u can practice all your life, it's cool af, meets all ur mechanical requirements and you become a hidtory bugf on top. Also if you're careful you won't even die irl.[/quote]

HEMA is lit. I did German Longsword last year and I regret quiting, but I didn't have the time and it was expensive.
73
#73
0 Frags +

1v1 half life, painkiller

1v1 half life, painkiller
74
#74
0 Frags +

QuakeWorld Mega Team Fortress... home of the Top5 Soldiers guild. 5 members and had to beat one best 2 out of 3 rounds to 20 kills to get in.

Picture all soldiers with rockets the speed of the direct hit, grenades and bunny hopping at the speed of QL Turbo CA

QuakeWorld Mega Team Fortress... home of the Top5 Soldiers guild. 5 members and had to beat one best 2 out of 3 rounds to 20 kills to get in.

Picture all soldiers with rockets the speed of the direct hit, grenades and bunny hopping at the speed of QL Turbo CA
75
#75
-2 Frags +

smash melee
that games skill ceiling is so high it's ridicoulous
quake
im so bad at it

smash melee
that games skill ceiling is so high it's ridicoulous
quake
im so bad at it
76
#76
-2 Frags +
Vulcanflatlinehours have nothing to do with anything wtfHave you heard of the 10,000 hours rule? That it takes 10,000 hours to become a master at what youre doing?

Why am I not a master at life? I'm 14 and I still suck, and that's over 120 000 hours. Exactly.

[quote=Vulcan][quote=flatline]hours have nothing to do with anything wtf[/quote]
Have you heard of the 10,000 hours rule? That it takes 10,000 hours to become a master at what youre doing?[/quote]

Why am I not a master at life? I'm 14 and I still suck, and that's over 120 000 hours. Exactly.
77
#77
-5 Frags +
pop7upVulcanflatlinehours have nothing to do with anything wtfHave you heard of the 10,000 hours rule? That it takes 10,000 hours to become a master at what youre doing?
Why am I not a master at life? I'm 14 and I still suck, and that's over 120 000 hours. Exactly.

You dont understand that rule do you, basically what its saying is that you need to practice more than anyone else to be the best at what you do aka practice makes perfect, meaning that the hours would vary between what youre trying to master. So it would be harder to become a pro at a game that has been around for a century, than a game that has came out two minutes ago.

[quote=pop7up][quote=Vulcan][quote=flatline]hours have nothing to do with anything wtf[/quote]
Have you heard of the 10,000 hours rule? That it takes 10,000 hours to become a master at what youre doing?[/quote]

Why am I not a master at life? I'm 14 and I still suck, and that's over 120 000 hours. Exactly.[/quote]
You dont understand that rule do you, basically what its saying is that you need to practice more than anyone else to be the best at what you do aka practice makes perfect, meaning that the hours would vary between what youre trying to master. So it would be harder to become a pro at a game that has been around for a century, than a game that has came out two minutes ago.
78
#78
-1 Frags +
Vulcanpop7upVulcanflatlinehours have nothing to do with anything wtfHave you heard of the 10,000 hours rule? That it takes 10,000 hours to become a master at what youre doing?
Why am I not a master at life? I'm 14 and I still suck, and that's over 120 000 hours. Exactly.
You dont understand that rule do you, basically what its saying is that you need to practice more than anyone else to be the best at what you do aka practice makes perfect, meaning that the hours would vary between what youre trying to master. So it would be harder to become a pro at a game that has been around for a century, than a game that has came out two minutes ago.

any tips on grinding life? i cant find any mge servers or anything

[quote=Vulcan][quote=pop7up][quote=Vulcan][quote=flatline]hours have nothing to do with anything wtf[/quote]
Have you heard of the 10,000 hours rule? That it takes 10,000 hours to become a master at what youre doing?[/quote]

Why am I not a master at life? I'm 14 and I still suck, and that's over 120 000 hours. Exactly.[/quote]
You dont understand that rule do you, basically what its saying is that you need to practice more than anyone else to be the best at what you do aka practice makes perfect, meaning that the hours would vary between what youre trying to master. So it would be harder to become a pro at a game that has been around for a century, than a game that has came out two minutes ago.[/quote]

any tips on grinding life? i cant find any mge servers or anything
79
#79
-2 Frags +
XenThePybroVulcanpop7upVulcanflatlinehours have nothing to do with anything wtfHave you heard of the 10,000 hours rule? That it takes 10,000 hours to become a master at what youre doing?
Why am I not a master at life? I'm 14 and I still suck, and that's over 120 000 hours. Exactly.
You dont understand that rule do you, basically what its saying is that you need to practice more than anyone else to be the best at what you do aka practice makes perfect, meaning that the hours would vary between what youre trying to master. So it would be harder to become a pro at a game that has been around for a century, than a game that has came out two minutes ago.

any tips on grinding life? i cant find any mge servers or anything

well you see sir, life is a very general term which encompasses a lot of abilities, you cant neccescarily "grind" life, thats like saying im gonna go grind some tf2. What part of tf2? Dm? Movement? Gamesense? Maybe you might want to work on grinding your social skills, idk man, its really all up to you :)

[quote=XenThePybro][quote=Vulcan][quote=pop7up][quote=Vulcan][quote=flatline]hours have nothing to do with anything wtf[/quote]
Have you heard of the 10,000 hours rule? That it takes 10,000 hours to become a master at what youre doing?[/quote]

Why am I not a master at life? I'm 14 and I still suck, and that's over 120 000 hours. Exactly.[/quote]
You dont understand that rule do you, basically what its saying is that you need to practice more than anyone else to be the best at what you do aka practice makes perfect, meaning that the hours would vary between what youre trying to master. So it would be harder to become a pro at a game that has been around for a century, than a game that has came out two minutes ago.[/quote]

any tips on grinding life? i cant find any mge servers or anything[/quote]
well you see sir, life is a very general term which encompasses a lot of abilities, you cant neccescarily "grind" life, thats like saying im gonna go grind some tf2. What part of tf2? Dm? Movement? Gamesense? Maybe you might want to work on grinding your social skills, idk man, its really all up to you :)
80
#80
4 Frags +

life :I

life :I
81
#81
0 Frags +

pyro airblast dodgeball

pyro airblast dodgeball
82
#82
0 Frags +
mintcakesVulcan-snip-so what ur saying is if i play a few k more hrs i will finally be good @ tf2?

no

source: me

[quote=mintcakes][quote=Vulcan]-snip-[/quote]
so what ur saying is if i play a few k more hrs i will finally be good @ tf2?[/quote]

no

source: me
83
#83
1 Frags +
SpaceCadetProbably Chess.
No game invented yet, or maybe ever, will have as high a skill ceiling

Friend of mine plays the chinese game Go and there's a fair case for it being even more complicated than chess.

[quote=SpaceCadet]Probably Chess.
No game invented yet, or maybe ever, will have as high a skill ceiling[/quote]

Friend of mine plays the chinese game [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)]Go[/url] and there's a fair case for it being even more complicated than chess.
1 2 3
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.