• Players not freezing at the start of a round in tournament mode
tf_player_movement_restart_freeze

New convar, default "1"

• Outlines, names, health bars, viewing enemy players in spec
tf_spec_xray

New convar, default "1", client can toggle in the Advanced Options menu

Completely new

• Added individual player-ready state for tournament mode
  • Added new convar mp_tournament_readymode (allows tournament mode to use a per-player ready system)
  • Added new convar mp_tournament_readymode_min (minimum number of players required on the server before players can toggle ready status)
  • Added new convar mp_tournament_readymode_team_size (minimum number of players required to be ready per-team before the game can begin)
  • Added new convar mp_tournament_readymode_countdown (the number of seconds before a match begins when both teams are ready)
  • Added new convar tv_delaymapchange_protect (default 1) to prevent manual map changes if SourceTV has not caught up with a major event like the end of a round
  • Fixes tv_delaymapchange not preventing a manual map change on the dedicated server while SourceTV still has buffered data

Other comp-oriented changes/additions

• Updated the tournament spectator GUI to sort players by class
  • Random damage spread is off by default (convar tf_damage_disablespread). Existing users will still use their currently set value.
  • Auto reload is on by default (convar cl_autoreload). Existing users will still use their currently set value.
  • Fixed being able to open the class menu while connected to SourceTV
  • Fixed the achievement tracker being visible during demo playback
  • Fixed another client crash related to demo playback and skipping tick
  • Fixed an issue causing workshop maps whose fully qualified name exceeded 32 characters to not properly load from mapcycle files
  • Fixed several bugs loading and working with maps with longer names
  • Added numerical health value to the target ID health display
  • Added a slider to the Advanced Options menu that adjusts the volume of the hit sound when you damage an enemy
these are important so I figured they deserved their own thread

[b]Previously thought to be bugs[/b]

[list]
[*] Players not freezing at the start of a round in tournament mode
[/list]
[code]tf_player_movement_restart_freeze[/code]
New convar, default "1"

[list]
[*] Outlines, names, health bars, viewing enemy players in spec
[/list]
[code]tf_spec_xray[/code]
New convar, default "1", client can toggle in the Advanced Options menu

[b]Completely new[/b]

[list]
[*] Added individual player-ready state for tournament mode
[*] Added new convar mp_tournament_readymode (allows tournament mode to use a per-player ready system)
[*] Added new convar mp_tournament_readymode_min (minimum number of players required on the server before players can toggle ready status)
[*] Added new convar mp_tournament_readymode_team_size (minimum number of players required to be ready per-team before the game can begin)
[*] Added new convar mp_tournament_readymode_countdown (the number of seconds before a match begins when both teams are ready)
[*] Added new convar tv_delaymapchange_protect (default 1) to prevent manual map changes if SourceTV has not caught up with a major event like the end of a round
[*] Fixes tv_delaymapchange not preventing a manual map change on the dedicated server while SourceTV still has buffered data
[/list]

[b]Other comp-oriented changes/additions[/b]
[list]
[*] Updated the tournament spectator GUI to sort players by class
[*] Random damage spread is off by default (convar tf_damage_disablespread). Existing users will still use their currently set value.
[*] Auto reload is on by default (convar cl_autoreload). Existing users will still use their currently set value.
[*] Fixed being able to open the class menu while connected to SourceTV
[*] Fixed the achievement tracker being visible during demo playback
[*] Fixed another client crash related to demo playback and skipping tick
[*] Fixed an issue causing workshop maps whose fully qualified name exceeded 32 characters to not properly load from mapcycle files
[*] Fixed several bugs loading and working with maps with longer names
[*] Added numerical health value to the target ID health display
[*] Added a slider to the Advanced Options menu that adjusts the volume of the hit sound when you damage an enemy
[/list]
0 Frags +

The issues with tournament starting are more than the freeze at start. It also doesn't reset the timer, it doesn't reset scores (So your SOAP stats carry over to the game)

The issues with tournament starting are more than the freeze at start. It also doesn't reset the timer, it doesn't reset scores (So your SOAP stats carry over to the game)
3 Frags +
Knuckles_The issues with tournament starting are more than the freeze at start. It also doesn't reset the timer, it doesn't reset scores (So your SOAP stats carry over to the game)

just saying that that one bug specifically isn't a bug, just a silly cvar. There are PLENTY of bugs regarding tournament mode, and they're written out in detail in my bug thread.

[quote=Knuckles_]The issues with tournament starting are more than the freeze at start. It also doesn't reset the timer, it doesn't reset scores (So your SOAP stats carry over to the game)[/quote]
just saying that that one bug specifically isn't a bug, just a silly cvar. There are PLENTY of bugs regarding tournament mode, and they're written out in detail in my bug thread.
1 Frags +
Knuckles_The issues with tournament starting are more than the freeze at start. It also doesn't reset the timer, it doesn't reset scores (So your SOAP stats carry over to the game)

edit: already in bugs thread

[quote=Knuckles_]The issues with tournament starting are more than the freeze at start. It also doesn't reset the timer, it doesn't reset scores (So your SOAP stats carry over to the game)[/quote]

edit: already in bugs thread
1 Frags +

So, how could I make it so that we would have freezetime first round, as well as which key is it to ready up when using the ready up tournament.

So, how could I make it so that we would have freezetime first round, as well as which key is it to ready up when using the ready up tournament.
2 Frags +
kounterpartsSo, how could I make it so that we would have freezetime first round, as well as which key is it to ready up when using the ready up tournament.

ready up is by default still per-team

tf_player_movement_restart_freeze 1

[quote=kounterparts]So, how could I make it so that we would have freezetime first round, as well as which key is it to ready up when using the ready up tournament.[/quote]
ready up is by default still per-team

tf_player_movement_restart_freeze 1
2 Frags +

First round still has no freeze time, despite tf_player_movement_restart_freeze being set to 1. Subsequent rounds are fine.

First round still has no freeze time, despite tf_player_movement_restart_freeze being set to 1. Subsequent rounds are fine.
14 Frags +

we should actually turn off xray in competitive as it can totally ruin spy plays, tonight in scrims the enemy team tried one against us and I knew instantly because i saw outlines of a scout on mid walking towards second despite my team barely pushing out of last

we should actually turn off xray in competitive as it can totally ruin spy plays, tonight in scrims the enemy team tried one against us and I knew instantly because i saw outlines of a scout on mid walking towards second despite my team barely pushing out of last
0 Frags +

Yeah the x-ray thing should be off by default

Yeah the x-ray thing should be off by default
0 Frags +

You can test this by enabling tournament mode and then using mp_restartgame 1 or mp_restartgame_immediate 1... tournament mode stays on, but the round timer starts and map time resets, and it will act as if it's the first round. No freezetime regardless of what tf_player_movement_restart_freeze is set to.

You can test this by enabling tournament mode and then using mp_restartgame 1 or mp_restartgame_immediate 1... tournament mode stays on, but the round timer starts and map time resets, and it will act as if it's the first round. No freezetime regardless of what tf_player_movement_restart_freeze is set to.
0 Frags +

http://i.imgur.com/GjRlFLO.jpg

Did anyone by any chance stumble upon a convar to disable the yellow outlines of pickupable weapons? It annoys the crap out of me.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GjRlFLO.jpg[/img]

Did anyone by any chance stumble upon a convar to disable the yellow outlines of pickupable weapons? It annoys the crap out of me.
4 Frags +

glow_outline_effect_enable 0

glow_outline_effect_enable 0
3 Frags +
safrixglow_outline_effect_enable 0

This disables the cart outlines on payload maps as well. There's no convar for weapons only?

[quote=safrix]glow_outline_effect_enable 0[/quote]

This disables the cart outlines on payload maps as well. There's no convar for weapons only?
-8 Frags +

-1 Frags +
aierawe should actually turn off xray in competitive as it can totally ruin spy plays, tonight in scrims the enemy team tried one against us and I knew instantly because i saw outlines of a scout on mid walking towards second despite my team barely pushing out of last

even the health bars could be an issue in that case :(

so yeah these features should be only for spectators.

On the other hand, it just requires spies to not disguise until they are really infiltrating and in believeable positions

[quote=aiera]we should actually turn off xray in competitive as it can totally ruin spy plays, tonight in scrims the enemy team tried one against us and I knew instantly because i saw outlines of a scout on mid walking towards second despite my team barely pushing out of last[/quote]

even the health bars could be an issue in that case :(

so yeah these features should be only for spectators.

On the other hand, it just requires spies to not disguise until they are really infiltrating and in believeable positions
0 Frags +

Isn't that only a problem if you disguise as the enemy team too early?

If the outline shows while you're cloaked and disguised as the enemy team that would contradict how you are supposed to be invisible regardless of how you're disguised, but having it show while you're uncloaked and disguised as the enemy team is consistent with how you have a target ID visible to the enemy team.

Isn't that only a problem if you disguise as the enemy team too early?

If the outline shows while you're cloaked and disguised as the enemy team that would contradict how you are supposed to be invisible regardless of how you're disguised, but having it show while you're uncloaked and disguised as the enemy team is consistent with how you have a target ID visible to the enemy team.
0 Frags +

As long as players know this is a thing and don't disguise as the enemy right out of spawn, then it shouldn't be a problem. I don't think it needs to be turned off.

As long as players know this is a thing and don't disguise as the enemy right out of spawn, then it shouldn't be a problem. I don't think it needs to be turned off.
0 Frags +
oblaFirst round still has no freeze time, despite tf_player_movement_restart_freeze being set to 1. Subsequent rounds are fine.

This has now been fixed.

[quote=obla]First round still has no freeze time, despite tf_player_movement_restart_freeze being set to 1. Subsequent rounds are fine.[/quote]

This has now been fixed.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.