You know what time it is? It’s REBRANDING time baby!
If you'd like to join our discord server, feel free to : https://discord.gg/pTMKEHj
Due to the conflict we’ve had with classic.tf, I’ve decided to get rid of any confusion, and completely remake our league. “But Blast,” I hear you say, “I’ve signed up for competitive matches on funny old maps like ctf_2fort, cp_dustbowl, and cp_well! I don’t want to participate in yet another Highlander cup!” Fear not, unconventional.tf is here
to fulfill all your masochistic needs !
First things first, the medals. We’re still offering medals for placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd, making it to playoffs, or simply participating.
• Our first season will feature a different competitive format (Prolander instead of Highlander) as well as a different set of maps from what was originally planned, with cp_granary being changed out for cp_junction_final, and koth_trainsawlaser_pro_rc1, ctf_landfall and koth_harvest being our brand new additions to the map pool. That’s right, we’re here to let you have the wildest of times. If you’re interested, our weekly map rotation is in #map-rotation-and-schedule in our discord server. Alternatively, you can find it in the end of this announcement
• Regarding the whitelist, we’re mostly sticking with using stock weapons (Cosmetics and reskins are now allowed). However we’ve changed things around, allowing a few more weapons for every class to be used. The complete whitelist can be found in the #s1-cup-info-and-rules channel, but some of the now unbanned weapons are the Crusader’s Crossbow, Ubersaw, Winger, Boston basher, Gunboats, Market Gardener, Powerjack, Iron Bomber, Tomislav, Wrangler, Jag, L’Etranger and Spy-cicle
• We will still be hosting Pick-up games. If you feel like playing some mixes in the evening and looking to try something new, head over to the #get-pug-access channel to gain access to a whole new section of our league, dedicated to playing unconventional gamemodes in a competitive setting.
• Due to the complete makeover we’re undergoing, the first season will be delayed by 1 month. According to our new plans, the first season will start on July 2nd, with signups closing on June 29th 20:00 CEST. Teams that have previously signed up for classic.tf may choose to either stay registered or be dropped from season 1. Let me know if you’d like to stay or be dropped by DM’ing me on discord (@BlastFM#3955).
• Below is some general stuff that you need to know about Season 1:
• Competitive format : Prolander (7v7, class limit of 1 on every class).
• Cup format
Swiss style system for group stages, Single elimination for playoffs
• Map pool : cp_dustbowl, cp_well, cp_gravelpit, ctf_2fort, ctf_landfall, cp_junction_final, koth_trainsawlaser_pro_rc1, koth_harvest
• Season 1 map rotation
Week 1: cp_dustbowl
Week 2: cp_junction_final
Week 3: cp_well
Week 4: koth_trainsawlaser_pro_rc1
Week 5: ctf_2fort
Teams that have progressed to the playoffs stage will be able to choose a map they will be playing on following the traditional Pick & Ban procedure, explained in detail in #s1-cup-info-and-rules
• But wait! There’s more. We have plans for our following seasons. If there’s enough demand, we will host a vote with even more unconventional gamemodes, as well as a couple of different user picked modes. Whichever option wins can be the theme of our next season. We will be hosting a small experimental cup to test things out before hosting a complete and finished cup. So, if any one of you has a dream of playing a Heavy melee cup or a Spy only arena, or anything else really, keep an eye out and make it happen
• We are sorry for any and all inconveniences that came with this, and we hope you have a great time in the end