Sorry for the bump, putting down some information I've discovered so that it can be found later, it doesn't necessarily concern players directly:
To server hosts:
"GG Lag" is caused mainly by srcds writing the demo file to disk, which is something like ~1mbps worth of data, it happens in CS:GO as well EDIT: This is wrong, CSGO writes the rest of the delay buffer when stopping a recording, TF2 does not, this is therefore a misconception, my bad.
- "GG Lag"
may also be is caused because the whitelist is re-exec'd and it has gotten huge, it happens anytime the tournament mode restarts, I will investigate to see if it can be disabled.
To map makers:
- Splash bugs are entirely mitigable by taking the time to properly clip things with `BLOCK BULLETS`, most of process can be made better by switching some `PLAYER CLIP`s to `BLOCK BULLETS` (should take no more than 20-30 minutes to fix a map)
- The fucky Wrap Assassin ball collision on Gullywash 2nd is caused by the detailing under the planks using func_lod, which should definitely be replaced by func_detail instead
To tournament admins:
- All holidays can be entirely disabled if you have SourceMod and basecommands by using `sm_cvar tf_force_holiday_off 1`
- Regardless, the Birthday ball should be entirely disabled in your tournament config via `tf_birthday_ball_chance 0`, it has a physics model and collides with stickies during rollout
- Considering most servers are able to update whitelist files on the fly, `unlisted_items_default_to` should be set to 1 and the file should only contain the items that are banned, to reduce the processing required.