The Newbie Mix Team Drive is back for S31 of ESEA
At this point, it's become customary that Newbie Mixes will provide a drive for the coming season and we're here to continue that with our 5th season in a row conducting the drive. The drive is built to provide interested and ambitious players an opportunity to join a team with like-minded players who want to improve and gain experience with help from an assigned coach. If you are a newer player and are interested, click the link at the top or bottom of the page to see the details and application process. The drive works hard to ensure these opportunities are available to all who are interested, but in order to do so, we need help from the community. Below are some of the ways you can help. Open the spoilers for instructions on how to do each.
MENTOR A NEWBIE TEAM
Easily among the most important parts of the team building process is setting up a team with their appropriate mentor. We want our teams to feel confident in their goals to improve and building experience in team management/participation, which is why coaches are necessary for our drive. If you are reasonably experienced in either team management or gamesense (or both!), please consider signing up to coach for the season!
- Make sure you are available to mentor newbies 1-2 hours per week.
- Make sure you are able to coordinate demo/map reviews and answer simple team leading or playing questions.
- Send Mallory or Tony a message on TFTV including your ESEA Profile, regular alias, and highest div played.
- Alternatively, add one of us to discuss.
DONATE TO THE DRIVE
Although league fees have been removed from Open, ESEA premium will likely always be around, which means we will always have players who feel they are unable to play because they don't have the funds to cover the cost of premium for a full season. Part of our job is making sure that anyone who is interested has the opportunity to play and we achieve this by crowdsourcing the payment of their premium fees. Any amount is appreciated and wil go towards funding players' fees, paying for servers, and saving for later seasons.
- Add Mallory or Tony on Steam or send us a PM on TFTV and we'll send you proper instructions.
DONATE YOUR PREMIUM CODES
Premium codes are an essential part of preparing for the season. Week long codes provided to invite players are incredibly helpful in buying time for a team to find someone to fill in where it's needed. This ranges from finding a new team member to getting a ringer for a single match. Month long codes, if anyone gets a hold of any they don't need, are equally helpful since we are limited only to 3-month long codes which are definitely overkill in many situations.
- Send us a PM on TFTV with the code, how long the code will last when applied, and if and when it expires.
SPREAD THE WORD
Newbie mixes has certainly seen more active days and with the uncharacteristically short time period between seasons, it is crucial that word gets out about our existance in order to create solid teams. Anybody curious about the competitive scene should be encouraged to check us out!
- This one is simple! Any time you have the opportunity to shout out Newbie Mixes, please do so and perhaps a new player will join the comp scene.
-Don't force yourself to explain everything about us, send them the group/discord and we will do our best to answer any questions that aren't answered in either.
-Steam group announcements, stream shoutouts, video shoutouts, etc. are all great too!
SIGN UP YOUR TEAM FOR NEWBIE MIXES
This allows teams interested in playing in open to be assisted by Newbie Mixes. We would provide the same benefits and, if needed, fill in roles on the team where needed from the applicants we receive. For those of you interested in playing with a buddy or more, we can work to put you on the same team. If you have a portion of a team or a full one, consider signing yourselves up to be a drive team!
- If you have a team that is complete, nearly complete, or even a few players looking to play together on the same team, have your team leader/representative apply for the newbie mixes drive and specify that you will bring a team with you.
- If you are not a formed team, and just a pair or more of players looking to be put on the same drive team, all of you must apply and specify you would like to play with eachother.
- Read application process for more info.
Check out the steam group and the discussions tab for more information. Join our discord for extra resources and a questions channel for any questions you have!
We look forward to the next batch of competitive tf2 players!
Tony's TFTV & Steam
Mallory's TFTV & Steam
NEWBIE MIX DRIVE APPLICATION DISCUSSION THREAD