The Newbie Mix Team Drive is back for S30 of ESEA
After a successful drive in S29, the Newbie Mixes team is back again with another drive. For those unfamiliar, the Newbie Mix Team Drive is designed to bring new players with like-minded competitive aspirations to come together and play a season in ESEA Open under the guidance of an experienced mentor. As always, we appreciate the help of anyone willing to volunteer and there are many ways you can help. Within the spoilers of each category is the instructions on how to do each.
MENTOR A NEWBIE TEAM
We're proud of our drive because of our ability to provide new players somebody to coach them throughout the season so that they can make the correct decisions and maximize their improvement in a single season. Mentors are the most important part of our drive so we highly encourage you to apply to mentor a drive team.
- Make sure you are available to mentor newbies 1-2 hours per week.
- Make sure you are able to coordinate demo/map reviews and answer simple team leading or playing questions.
- Send Mallory or Tony a message on TFTV including your ESEA Profile, regular alias, and highest div played.
- Alternatively, add one of us to discuss.
DONATE TO THE DRIVE
Unfortunately, ESEA is not entirely free, so players wanting to get into the scene are understandably reluctant to find or make a team. We want to get rid of this by paying for our newbies' premium fees. We can really only do this with help from the community. Any amount is helpful and will go directly towards giving new players an opportunity to experience competitive TF2.
- Add Mallory or Tony on Steam or send us a PM on TFTV and we'll send you proper instructions.
DONATE YOUR PREMIUM CODES
Although we can provide a season's worth of premium with a single code, sometimes it's undesirable because it's not always entirely certain that the player will hang around for that long or even need to. Week long premium codes allow us to get subs and ringers in for matches when necessary and are a huge help when a roster is dealing with stability issues. Of course, we also take month and 3-month codes since they can fill in for having to pay for a given player.
- Send us a PM on TFTV with the code, how long the code will last when applied, and if and when it expires.
SPREAD THE WORD
It's safe to say that the majority of new players are unaware of newbie mixes' existance as well as the drive. Many of the players reading this will normally be somewhat knowledgable of the competitive TF2 scene so it doesn't always do them a lot of good. If you do encounter a player interested in what competitive TF2 has to offer, refer them to us and we will give them as much info as we can. The drive is unique in that it can help players jump in the scene without worry of looking for a team.
- This one is simple! Any time you have the opportunity to shout out Newbie Mixes, please do so and perhaps a new player will join the comp scene.
-Steam group announcements, stream shoutouts, video shoutouts, etc. are all great too!
SIGN UP YOUR TEAM FOR NEWBIE MIXES
Not so much a help for us, but an important mention nonetheless: Self formed teams in the low-mid open skill level are encouraged to sign your team up for an opportunity to recieve mentoring and potentially get fees paid. We know that there are several teams out there who want to up their game and improve together so this is your opportunity. We accept any number of players looking to play together and if your team is not complete, we will do our best to fill in with other newbie applicants. It's important to mention that if we are limited by the number of coaches, we must prioritize our drive created teams in order to maximize the improvement and enjoyment of brand new competitive players.
- If you have a team that is complete, nearly complete, or even a few players looking to play together on the same team, have your team leader/representative apply for the newbie mixes drive and specify that you will bring a team with you.
- If you are not a formed team, and just a pair or more of players looking to be put on the same drive team, all of you must apply and specify you would like to play with eachother.
- Read application process for more info.
Please read the entire steam group thread about the application process before adding us to ask questions. Newbie questions should be asked in this thread or in the appropriate Discord channel. Any other questions can be posted in this thread.
We look forward to providing a fun and learning experience to eager new players!
Tony's TFTV & Steam
Mallory's TFTV & Steam