TFNew is hosting a team drive for the newcomer group of the upcoming DreamHack EU Community Clash. This is to allow new competitive players an alternate way to give the cup a go without having the daunting task of having to build and organise a team, as well as aid in the challenge of learning to play competitive TF2. Players will sign up individually and be drafted into teams, then spend the week leading up to the cup having pre-known scrims with each other and mentoring sessions with their coaches, all organised by us (we have always found a fully structured and pre-known schedule is ideal when working with newbies). It will all work largely similar to a TFNew cup, except only having a single week of preparation before the cup rather than 2, and likely having a cap of 8 teams (and of course the cup itself in this case will be the DH newcomer group).
The current schedule plan is listed below. Due to having to fit it all into one week, it's rather crammed. Because of this, I am open to changing the schedule with enough feedback before it's officially announced. Please reach out to me ASAP if you would be interested in coaching but think the schedule should be changed. As an alternative if you want to coach but cannot make all the sessions, you're welcome to bring in a friend to do joint-coaching with you, as long as between the two of you, all the sessions can be covered (and you communicate with each other properly).
Current schedule plan (all times in CEST):
- Teams drafted weekend of 5th-6th
- Monday 7th: 18:30: Coaches deliver intro talk to teams (explaining 6s at a basic level in a generalised way, answering all questions of course to make sure the team are all on the same page in understanding)
- Tuesday 8th: 2 maptalks by coaches at 18:30, then teams will go into 2 scrims at 20.
- Wednesday 9th: 2 maptalks + 2 scrims once again, same times
- Thursday 10th: 2 maptalks + 2 scrims once again, same times
- Friday 11th: optional final meeting before cup to clear up any remaining questions from players, etc
- Weekend of 12-13th: cup
If you are interested in coaching, please DM me on discord JWB#6651. Thank you.