Hey all, TFNew Cup #5 is coming up but we will be in need of more coaches if we want to be able to support at least 12 teams. Below is the coaching schedule.
- Coaches will be assigned to teams on the weekend of the 2nd-3rd November
- Monday 4th November @ 18:30 (all times in CET/CEST): coaches give an introductory session to teams. This is not meant to be for going over any maps in particular, but rather explaining basic concepts like class roles, holding, pushing, uber advantage, sacs, trades, etc (allow for at least an hour).
- Tuesday 5th November @ 18:30: coaches give a maptalk for gullywash and snakewater to teams. At 20:00 the teams scrim each other on these maps. If coaches are able to watch these scrims to give feedback afterwards that is great, but not mandatory.
- Thursday 7th November @ 18:30: granary and process maptalks. Teams scrim at 20:00.
- Monday 11th November @ 18:30: product maptalk. Teams scrim at 20:00 on product and a map of their choice.
- Tuesday 12th November @ 20:00: Teams scrim 2 maps of their choice. Coaches are not required but again having them watch and give feedback afterwards would be beneficial for the teams.
- Wednesday 13th November @ 18:30: Coaches meet with teams to give one final session answering any questions the players may have and providing any final feedback they may have before the cup.
- Cup itself then runs from Friday 15th to Sunday 17th.
Why does it have to be so structured? Why can't we just figure out when we will do coaching sessions with the team once we are assigned to them?
In the past we had it less structured, and the newbies often didn't show up/engage. We impose structure because we believe it is beneficial when working with newbies.
How experienced do you have to be to coach?
None of the players will have played above open, so it's not necessary for all of the coaches to be high level. We will preferably we looking for people who have at least decent placings/experience in Mid (6s) (or other regions' equivalent) though
Do coaches have to be EU?
Not necessary, as long as you can make the times.
Feel free to DM any questions to JWB#6651 on Discord or post on this thread.
To apply to be a coach join discord.io/TFNew and post an application in the #role-applications channel.
edit: 6s btw