Do you also do laptops? If not, ignore this post, otherwise:
I'm looking to buy a general-purpose laptop for the coming 4+ years. Think video recording and editing, Visual Studio, Photoshop, stuff like that. None of it is for professional purposes, but still I don't want things to be slow.
I intend to use it for gaming also, but I don't need 120hz, nor do I need maxed out graphics. AA for example will always be turned off, and I'm fine with turning down/off fancy shaders. It's unlikely that there will be any game development, so I don't need the beastiest of laptops. I won't be using it for streaming. (Oh, and TF2 does not have any kind of priority.)
Tweakers is supposed to be "the comparison site" in the Netherlands, but it pales in comparison to what countries like Germany and the USA offer. I'm willing to order from Germany since (for example) amazon.de seems to have a good connection to Netherlands in terms of shipping and warranty. (Maybe more sites do?)
For now I have the budget at €2,000, but I'm certainly willing to exceed it if it's worth the money (according to my Demands/Wants lists). Price/quality ratio is more important to me than having a strict budget, as I plan to use it daily for years. I'd rather not cheap out now and regret it later.
- No Apple
- 15" at least
- Matte screen
- 256 GB SSD
- 1 TB HDD
- 8 GB RAM at least
- Dark exterior (black / grey)
- No "2-in-1" or foldable screens (I don't need/want a tablet)
- 2+ USB ports
- 3+ USB ports.
- Battery life of 4+ hours while/for watching movies (the more the better I suppose).
- Good-looking screen.
- Nice build quality, I'd rather not get issues with the screen's hinges for example.
- Not loud?
- Good wifi? I'll be using the laptop a lot 1 story from where my router is located.
- Ethernet would be a nice bonus.
- No touchscreen (I won't use it, so it would be redundant).
- 60hz would be enough, but more would be fine of course.
- No disc drive, wouldn't use it.
- I don't really care for 17", so I'd be happy to go for 15" if that cuts down the price
Hopefully this was clear and complete enough?