Completed
DATE
Saturday, Jun 20th
TIME
2:00 PM EDT
STREAM
TFTV
ABOUT

Who is crazy enough to stream four lobbies in two continents and two game modes? Admirable, Sideshow & Jon are! We will be taking an exclusive look at TF2Center's new Advanced Lobbies service as move towards launching their initial beta. Tune in to catch Highlander and 6s action feature some prominent members of the community including kaidus, Hildreth, Arie, zoob, Sonny Black, Agro, WARHURYEAH, Stabby, Max!, b4nny and more! We'll have interviews with TF2Center staff and 20 keys will be raffled off during each match. Things will kick off with EU HL followed by 6v6 then we skip across the Atlantic to do it all again.

Advanced Lobbies | Showmatch Post
TF2Center Advanced Lobbies Beta Launch
28 Frags +

nice I get to watch professionally casted lobbies

nice I get to watch professionally casted lobbies
28 Frags +

nice
2bad the admins & community there suck

nice
2bad the admins & community there suck
45 Frags +

AcesGamer

What kind of a joke is this?

AcesGamer

15 Frags +

So literally just pug showmatches

So literally just pug showmatches
-11 Frags +
popcorpAcesGamer

I'm pretty sure he became Aegis of dK fame in HL? imo that makes it reasonable alongside the other plat players that have been invited.

[quote=popcorp]AcesGamer

What kind of a joke is this?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure he became Aegis of dK fame in HL? imo that makes it reasonable alongside the other plat players that have been invited.
-3 Frags +

Either way, putting AcesGamer in will cause more pubbers/people starting comp to watch, and that's definitely a good thing.

Either way, putting AcesGamer in will cause more pubbers/people starting comp to watch, and that's definitely a good thing.
35 Frags +
Frost_BiteEither way, putting AcesGamer in will cause more pubbers/people starting comp to watch, and that's definitely a good thing.

AcesGamer is considered toxic by a lot of people in the community. I don't think that's a good thing.

[quote=Frost_Bite]Either way, putting AcesGamer in will cause more pubbers/people starting comp to watch, and that's definitely a good thing.[/quote]

AcesGamer is considered toxic by a lot of people in the community. I don't think that's a good thing.
14 Frags +

I dont really think showing Pug showmatches is going to get anyone to want to play your pug more tbh

I dont really think showing Pug showmatches is going to get anyone to want to play your pug more tbh
0 Frags +

If we are invited into the Advanced Lobbies beta, would we have gotten an e-mail by now? How do we know we're in?

If we are invited into the Advanced Lobbies beta, would we have gotten an e-mail by now? How do we know we're in?
-4 Frags +
ShunIf we are invited into the Advanced Lobbies beta, would we have gotten an e-mail by now? How do we know we're in?

http://tf2center.com/al
go there and click "sign up" on the left side of the page

[quote=Shun]If we are invited into the Advanced Lobbies beta, would we have gotten an e-mail by now? How do we know we're in?[/quote]
http://tf2center.com/al
go there and click "sign up" on the left side of the page
7 Frags +

Ya acesgamer aka aegis is the soldier for dK. I asked him about this lobby thing though and he said he won't even be there, he has to go to quebec city that whole saturday for work.

Ya acesgamer aka aegis is the soldier for dK. I asked him about this lobby thing though and he said he won't even be there, he has to go to quebec city that whole saturday for work.
10 Frags +

Yeah I was approached by Marty of TF2C several weeks ago to play what was supposed to be a NA vs EU HL show match with other HL players like stabby, sigafoo, etc. It sounded like a cool idea to get some advertisement out for comp TF2 in general. Didn't hear any details back since then (I didn't even know I was "playing" until I saw this post lol), and I'm out of town for work. Good luck to everyone else involved!

Yeah I was approached by Marty of TF2C several weeks ago to play what was supposed to be a NA vs EU HL show match with other HL players like stabby, sigafoo, etc. It sounded like a cool idea to get some advertisement out for comp TF2 in general. Didn't hear any details back since then (I didn't even know I was "playing" until I saw this post lol), and I'm out of town for work. Good luck to everyone else involved!
-8 Frags +

newbie.tf
15 Frags +

nsfw

Show Content
nsfw
[spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/yCFWRuE.png[/img][/spoiler]
3 Frags +

!rep our cameraman

!rep our cameraman
8 Frags +

"advanced lobbies"
ok

"advanced lobbies"
ok
-7 Frags +

http://i.imgur.com/WkWQaPp.jpg?1

e-z

[img]http://i.imgur.com/WkWQaPp.jpg?1[/img] e-z
-2 Frags +
monotnice
2bad the admins... suck

Can someone explain what the admins did/do that is/was so bad (not to defend just curious)

Also apparently lobbies aren't "for everyone" according to the admins on stream lmao...

kounterpartsI dont really think showing Pug showmatches is going to get anyone to want to play your pug more tbh

because the target audience sees good players playing and they assume that and the audience will assume those players will pay for advanced lobbies now.

[quote=monot]nice
2bad the admins... suck[/quote]

Can someone explain what the admins did/do that is/was so bad (not to defend just curious)

Also apparently lobbies aren't "for everyone" according to the admins on stream lmao...
[quote=kounterparts]I dont really think showing Pug showmatches is going to get anyone to want to play your pug more tbh[/quote]
because the target audience sees good players playing and they assume that and the audience will assume those players will pay for advanced lobbies now.
-10 Frags +
what the admins did/do that is/was so bad

uhm everything. the team is consisted of inflated-egoboys who are annoyed by a single message. they give 1week for trolling, perma for "lobby closed" msg. rip tf2lobby.

[quote]what the admins did/do that is/was so bad[/quote]
uhm everything. the team is consisted of inflated-egoboys who are annoyed by a single message. they give 1week for trolling, perma for "lobby closed" msg. rip tf2lobby.
11 Frags +
monotwhat the admins did/do that is/was so baduhm everything. the team is consisted of inflated-egoboys who are annoyed by a single message. they give 1week for trolling, perma for "lobby closed" msg. rip tf2lobby.

Honestly those bans sound perfectly reasonable. tf2center shouldnt be a fuck-around place, if you wanna troll go play a pub. There are a lot of new players trying out comp through tf2center.

[quote=monot][quote]what the admins did/do that is/was so bad[/quote]
uhm everything. the team is consisted of inflated-egoboys who are annoyed by a single message. they give 1week for trolling, perma for "lobby closed" msg. rip tf2lobby.[/quote]

Honestly those bans sound perfectly reasonable. tf2center shouldnt be a fuck-around place, if you wanna troll go play a pub. There are a lot of new players trying out comp through tf2center.
18 Frags +

I've gotten banned for closing a 6v9 lobby, another time I got banned because I was trying to figure out why I kept getting mumble banned, and admin told me the mumblitiy system didn't make any errors, later found out it was my VPN.

I've gotten banned for closing a 6v9 lobby, another time I got banned because I was trying to figure out why I kept getting mumble banned, and admin told me the mumblitiy system didn't make any errors, later found out it was my VPN.
3 Frags +

no stacked teams (5-0, 3-0 rolls)
ok

no stacked teams (5-0, 3-0 rolls)
ok
30 Frags +

The primary goal should have been actually getting higher level players to play, opposed to nearly half the players being TF2C admins that nobody has ever heard of. If you want to build hype for something you're expecting people to pay for, try to make it so the showmatch isn't a bigger shitfest than most normal centers are.

http://puu.sh/iwpwa/2a93585e87.png

The primary goal should have been actually getting higher level players to play, opposed to nearly half the players being TF2C admins that nobody has ever heard of. If you want to build hype for something you're expecting people to pay for, try to make it so the showmatch isn't a bigger shitfest than most normal centers are.

[img]http://puu.sh/iwpwa/2a93585e87.png[/img]
-17 Frags +

wtf lmao no they dont. tf2c is pubs. or d6 lowest. no comms. no anything. seriously, its a shitsite. w/e

[quote]Honestly those bans sound perfectly reasonable. tf2center shouldnt be a fuck-around place, if you wanna troll go play a pub. There are a lot of new players trying out comp through tf2center.[/quote]
wtf lmao no they dont. tf2c is pubs. or d6 lowest. no comms. no anything. seriously, its a shitsite. w/e
7 Frags +
MumaThe primary goal should have been actually getting higher level players to play, opposed to nearly half the players being TF2C admins that nobody has ever heard of. If you want to build hype for something you're expecting people to pay for, try to make it so the showmatch isn't a bigger shitfest than most normal centers are.

http://puu.sh/iwpwa/2a93585e87.png

What so now you want the sniper to do better than 3-17? Really?

We should be glad he tried his hardest!

[quote=Muma]The primary goal should have been actually getting higher level players to play, opposed to nearly half the players being TF2C admins that nobody has ever heard of. If you want to build hype for something you're expecting people to pay for, try to make it so the showmatch isn't a bigger shitfest than most normal centers are.

[img]http://puu.sh/iwpwa/2a93585e87.png[/img][/quote]

What so now you want the sniper to do better than 3-17? Really?

We should be glad he tried his hardest!
14 Frags +
monotHonestly those bans sound perfectly reasonable. tf2center shouldnt be a fuck-around place, if you wanna troll go play a pub. There are a lot of new players trying out comp through tf2center.wtf lmao no they dont. tf2c is pubs. or d6 lowest. no comms. no anything. seriously, its a shitsite. w/e

if you think its a shit site just dont use it, your opinion doesnt change the fact that u deserve a ban for trolling

[quote=monot][quote]Honestly those bans sound perfectly reasonable. tf2center shouldnt be a fuck-around place, if you wanna troll go play a pub. There are a lot of new players trying out comp through tf2center.[/quote]
wtf lmao no they dont. tf2c is pubs. or d6 lowest. no comms. no anything. seriously, its a shitsite. w/e[/quote]
if you think its a shit site just dont use it, your opinion doesnt change the fact that u deserve a ban for trolling
21 Frags +

if u troll and act like a fuckin idiot in lobbies and then call them shit ur fuckin brain dead

if u troll and act like a fuckin idiot in lobbies and then call them shit ur fuckin brain dead
13 Frags +

#fucksideshow

#fucksideshow
5 Frags +

things would just work if we actual gave things a shot and tried to really play and take things seriously. complaining about being punished for being a troll or throwing in a lobby doesn't mean jack, but if there is real problems with the staff, make legit complaints and set aside the shit talk and bad mouthing so it just doesn't end with a community being "a joke"

wanna see new players use coms and make good decisions in game? speak up, approach them and help out and inform them of what should be done and what shouldn't. a plant doesn't grow when you sit and shout "why the fuck are you not out finding some water somewhere" the negative attitudes and ego's riding them just alienate eevverryyyone.

things would just work if we actual gave things a shot and tried to really play and take things seriously. complaining about being punished for being a troll or throwing in a lobby doesn't mean jack, but if there is real problems with the staff, make legit complaints and set aside the shit talk and bad mouthing so it just doesn't end with a community being "a joke"

wanna see new players use coms and make good decisions in game? speak up, approach them and help out and inform them of what should be done and what shouldn't. a plant doesn't grow when you sit and shout "why the fuck are you not out finding some water somewhere" the negative attitudes and ego's riding them just alienate eevverryyyone.
21 Frags +

Muma and I tried to give it a shot, the admins elected to play instead of us. There were a bunch of other good players who would join as well if admins let them.

Moderation of the site is so fucked and it's keeping this from being as big as it could be. They really seem like they have no clue what they're doing.

Muma and I tried to give it a shot, the admins elected to play instead of us. There were a bunch of other good players who would join as well if admins let them.

Moderation of the site is so fucked and it's keeping this from being as big as it could be. They really seem like they have no clue what they're doing.
1 2 3 4 5
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.