Having issues with being kicked from servers because of today's sv_pure change? See the "Rumor has it" section in this post for a fix - simply scroll down.
Avoid solo queueing or being in a 2 or 3-stack for a competitive match due to the likelihood for higher teammate abandon rates than usual to continue for some time, unless you're in a 4 or 5-squad and have verified that you aren't being kicked in something like a casual server.
Via the CS:GO blog:
– Added kill feed icons for blind shooter, kills through smoke, and no scope sniper kills; all kill feed icons feature the bullet on the same line.
– When spawn immunity time is set to a negative value then spawning players will not have immunity even during warmup period.
– Fully disabled player immunity in 1v1 Wingman warmup period arenas, and added logic to clear blood decals for each encounter.
– sv_pure servers will now kick clients that have loaded asset files into game memory from files not present on game server filesystem.
– Fixed showing observed player crosshair in the editor menu.
– Fixed strings on crosshair import dialog being truncated in some languages.
– Fixed crosshair codes storing incorrect values for values out of range.
– Updated third person pose for G3SG1, and taught Terrorists a better way to hold AUG in the buy menu.
– To welcome the sunny weather outside, switched main menu movie scenery to Nuke.
– Added ability to purchase coupon items from Steam Store, e.g. https://store.steampowered.com/buyitem/730/20170 for “StatTrak™ Masterminds Music Kit Box”.
– In-game blog will now render in Greek if game interface is set to Greek language.
– Fixed prediction errors occurring sometimes when crouch-walking or in noclip mode as listen server host.
– Enabled animation blending for chickens.
– Updated several agent voice lines for Perfect World version of the game.
– Optimized textures for separatists player models.
– Several stability fixes.
– Tweaked ambient color light to make it bluer
– Made bombsite A plant zone bigger
– Fixed bombstuck spots on A bombsite pillars
– Removed bamboo fence near CT upper on A bombsite
– Added bamboo fence near T main on A upper, moving the gap closer to the tank
– Added bamboo fence near big rock on A upper to cut direct line of sight from CT upper to T main entrance
– Added light source on lazy river tunnel near CT spawn
– Added bamboo fence on the back of CT main entrance to A bombsite for better visibility
– Tweaked textures in lazy river tunnel and connector to make them more vibrant
– Added light source on B upper
– Tweaked lazy river texture to make it brighter
– Added cover for T’s on middle
– Removed a head peek angle from CT mid to A bombsite
– Fixed pixel boost on B bombsite
– Made main lights on B bombsite brighter
– Fixed see through stairs near CT spawn
– Fixed wooden door on B being bangable
– Added bamboo fence near tank on B bombsite
– Removed water from lazy river at CT spawn
– Tweaked sky box to be less purple
– Added bambo fences in high traffic areas for better player model contrast
– Removed foliage models in some places
– Updated radar image
– Added 1v1 warmup arena for Wingman mode
Rumor has it:
- The new killfeed icons mentioned were actually added with the 4/23/20 (4/24/20 UTC) update, but weren't active until now
- The sv_pure changes of today now mean that custom sprays and models will no longer work without a little bit of convincing towards your local community server operator
- There are currently widespread kicks ongoing as a result of this change
- If you are getting kicked because of this: delete both your \models\ and \materials\ folders in the CS:GO directory (usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\"). Making a copy both folders in a place like your desktop as a backup if you had custom stuff you want to keep around isn't unwise. Then verify your game files (even if you've already tried to before) and try to play once more.
- Thanks to /u/asantos3, /u/aidsburgerss, /u/Tiezzynator, /u/DezarothAU, /u/HooksAU, and /u/yousifucv for all of their help and currently positive findings so far
- Relevant when under Perfect World influence inside of mainland China: its anti-addiction system wasn't completely ported over to the Panorama UI system, but now it has been
- This is the same system also used in Dota 2 when under Perfect World influence
- New translations have also been thrown in. You know what I'm about to say: they're made possible in part by contributions from Translators Like You - Thank You
- Size is ~75 MB
Virus with no vaccine continues to impact basic social services and livelihoods globally. Folding@home is now at one exaFLOP of power and growing. Be part of the 2nd exaflop if you aren't already part of the 1st. For more info see https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/fhb5e4/coronavirus_specific_gpu_projects_are_now/.