Via the CS:GO blog:
Valve[ OPERATION BROKEN FANG ]
– Operation Broken Fang has come to an end. Players who have unredeemed operation stars will have until May 15th to claim their operation rewards.
– Introducing CS:GO 360 Stats – A subscription service for players that want to continue collecting official Competitive and Wingman stats.
– Premier Competitive remains available for all players featuring pick/ban process across the entire Active Duty Group map pool.
– Retakes remains available and has been moved into Wargames.
[ SNAKEBITE CASE ]
– Introducing the Snakebite Case, featuring 17 community-designed weapon finishes, and the Broken Fang Case set of gloves as rare special items.
[ MISC ]
– Chicken models have received a visual upgrade.
– Fixed community maps whose textures would appear black as a result of previous security fixes.
– The \ key can again be bound to commands. If you were using this key before, you will need to bind it again.
– Additional security and stability improvements.
– Added an option for large community maps to fade the Boost Player Contrast feature beyond the far-Z fog plane by setting fadeplayervisibilityfarz to ‘true’ in info_map_parameters.
[ MAPS ]
– Ancient has been added into the current competition map pool Active Duty Group and Train has been removed from Active Duty Group.
– Grind and Mocha have been added to official matchmaking in Scrimmage, Casual, and Deathmatch game modes, replacing Apollo, Engage, and Anubis.
– Calavera and Pitstop have been added to official matchmaking in Wingman game mode, replacing Elysion and Guard.
— New route from CT spawn to A site
— Widened T entrance to left side of mid
— Opened up skylight in T tunnel to A site
— Extended plantable bomb zone in B site
— Opened up ledge in A site
— Various minor bugfixes
— Fixed a clipping issue on window in T lobby
— Centered a lamp that was bugging me
— Overhauled interior lighting
— Fixed delivery drones being stuck in the bottom right corner of the map
— Added drone clips to improve delivery drone navigation
— Fixed rare cases of loot spawning in inaccessible areas/inside terrain
— Made a window frame in Alpha non solid (thanks Musti)
— Clipped wood railings in the frozen lake area
— Improved the look of the ice texture when Shader Detail is set to Medium or lower
— Fixed a missing face on a wooden beam in Town
— Added a sound effect in server room
Rumor has it:
- RIP Operation Broken Fang - December 3, 2020 - May 3, 2021
- Despite today being May 3rd, the updated description on the pass seems to totally disregard the Valve Time reality having happened and claims that it ran to April 30th as was originally planned
- CS:GO 360 Stats costs US$1/CA$1.25 a month. Even if you choose not to subscribe to it to collect data from your matches going forward, you can still view past data collected during Operation Broken Fang if you were a pass holder
- It also has its own Steam Support article for other questions you might have about it, but also alludes to the possibility of a future price hike
- The shift of Ancient into the Active Duty pool and relegation of Train into the Reserves pool is the first shakeup in over 2 years; 767 days precisely, the last time it was modified was when Vertigo was switched into Active Duty and Cache taken out on 3/28/19
- For those concerned about the Active Duty and Reserves swap today, Valve has said that the RMR series will continue to use the old map pool with Train
- /u/Ch-i-ef from the Frostbite development team encourages people to go directly to its Steam Workshop page if they find an issue with the map or have ideas for how it could improve, now that it's here to stay
- /u/shzkr replied with an image of what one of the new chickens looks like (as has /u/IslaBonita_), and /u/Waveitup also put up a video showing a few chickens in their natural habitat:
- A few bonus up-close shots and a couple polycounts too from /u/dooodaaad
- CS:GO Stash has put up the contents of the Snakebite Case as they usually do whenever there's a new crate-shaped virtual object added in the game, in-game inspection links should become available in a short while (and if you need a refresher, the Broken Fang gloves can be viewed here)
- Size is ~1 GB - data capped users should take action now
(There's more! Catch part 2 of RHI at: https://www.teamfortress.tv/post/1034893/major-cs-go-update-for-5-3-21-1-37-8-9)