The map has been uploaded to serveme.tf and can be selected as "cp_process_f7" when renting a server.
Latest update: 29/11/2020
"Refresh:" is a series aimed at making maps more suitable for 6v6 and other gamemodes. We took the opportunity to use our experience to fix the issues with map geometry as well as minor aesthetic and performance improvements. We humbly invite you to try out these changes and offer your feedback, so that together we are able to increase the quality of the competitive map pool.
We aimed to keep the map structure and appearance as close to the original as possible with over a hundred changes being completely invisible, for example player clips and blockbullet brushes. The main target of these changes were improved collision on steps, slopes, doorways, ceilings and props, predominantly where splash bugs occurred. Some examples of this are on top of the crates on mid, the concrete ledges leading up to the grass area on mid, player collision fixes on doorways so you cannot get stuck and finally the geometry of the last point has been improved to match the visuals, pipes only collide with stickies and grenades, thus rocket jumping should be facilitated.
- The lowest doorways have been raised to above the height of a jumping player.
- Stairs have been given proper projectile collision.
- Minor prop asymmetry issues have been resolved.
- The clipping on the walls of last has been removed to match the size of the playable space to the size of the room.
- Props and corners have been given smooth player collision.
- Surfaces not visible to players have been removed to reduce the map file size and potentially increased frame-rate.
- Lamps no longer collide with players.
- The circular structures above the mid entrances to PC have better player collision.
- Areas around the mid crates have much better player and projectile collision.
- Improved player collision with overhanging roofs, small concrete steps and doorways.
- Added solid ramps to last and gave them detailing.
- Fixed some texture alignment and decal issues.
- Raised displacement edges adjacent to concrete on mid and second.
- Adjusted choke ammo pack position slightly to be above the ground displacement.
- Painted more invisible faces with nodraw.
- Replaced the radar dish on blue side with a blue tower to match the red tower found on red side.
- Spawn room chairs are more tucked in.
- Raised the skybox by 512 units.
- Fixed solidity of one of the fake doors at last.
- Many other clipping improvements.
Please find ALL the changes made to the map here.
MAP CHANGE SUGGESTIONS
These are the changes we would like to make to the map, although we need your feedback to decide whether they are a good idea to do so since these may change the flow and visuals of the map.
- Re-do brush geometry to have red/blu stripes regardless of gfx config.
- Re-do vents in sewers to be aesthetically pleasing and sewer themed.
WANT TO HELP?
If you have hammer skills and would be willing to help please add me or HOI and we will be able to provide you with fun team oriented map projects with other skilled mappers within the community!
HOI and Collaide for being amazing human beings and making all the changes to the map, they deserve all the credit for the execution of this project whilst I just pitched the ideas and helped test them when needed.
Jackylegs and Benroads for their useful contributions to the making of this project and their valuable contributions to other projects currently in the works.
Scorpio Uprising for creating one of the most favoured maps in the history of TF2.