Title. Win 10 pro, latest updates, didn't change anything when the issues started. Screen goes black, the power LED remains constantly on (supposed to be off when the pc is off, slow blinking when it's sleeping) and I can hear the fans running still. Pressing buttons, including the power button, does nothing, doesn't wake it. All I can do is hold the power button to force shutdown.
Restarting works fine for some reason.
- unplugging everything I had plugged into the laptop
- restoring the default power plan options
- shutting down stuff running in the background like Plex
- disabling fast boot
- using system restore to about a week ago
- defaulting bios settings
- powercfg /energy in cmd, the log file didn't show anything that would prevent it from sleeping
- updating drivers from Lenovo (their software said I have everything up to date)
- checking for shit with error messages in device manager (none existed)
Note: a common problem I found online was something to do with an Intel driver (forgot which one, but it was version 11), point being I'm on AMD not Intel so it's irrelevant.
Any ideas before I throw my laptop like a frisbee at the nearest wall?
Edit: other shit I've tried that didn't work
- making a shutdown shortcut (same result as just doing start>shut down)
- running cmd as admin and typing shutdown /p (same result as just doing start>shut down)
- repairing windows files or w.e. with sfc /scannow in cmd
- disabling Allow downloads from other PCs in windows update delivery optimizations
At this point, I'm lost. Help.