First, apologies for the long wall of text - copy pasted from a post elsewhere (where I've had no response) so thought I'd try my luck back here <3
With Black Friday/Christmas coming up, looking to rebuild this thing and just need to get a better idea of how overkill I need to go to get what I want out of it long-term. Ideally I don't want to have to upgrade any components for another 3 or so years.
Primary thing I'll be using the PC for will be gaming and heavy browsing. Currently run 3 monitors. I would want the PC to happily run at 144fps 1080p on max settings in pretty much any game that is out now. Note that a primary objective would be to handle something like Cyberpunk at near-max (if not max) settings. I would be interested in getting a VR headset later on down the line but am quite confident this will be possible with the spec I'm looking at - just mentioning in case there should be something else I need to take into account...
Now, keep in mind I already have a full size tower with ample cooling (CM Storm Stryker). I also have a PSU - this is a Corsair HX750 (from when I initially built), storage (although I do need an additional 1tb SSD) and CPU Cooler from my current setup.
Based in the UK, budget is around ~1.5k GBP (can go over if necessary)
Right now I can't figure out how far I need to go with the build, given the longevity I would want (at least 2-3 years of gaming at max-near max). I've listed a couple questions below which will need to be taken into account as they will naturally affect the budget
- Can I make use of my current Corsair HX750 PSU, or would it be suggested to invest in a new one (given possibility of degradation)? Also, would the 750W be enough for the below build?
- Can I make use of my current CPU cooler or is the whole "AIO cooler" thing something worth considering? (Again, circa 7 years old but have never had a single issue with temps and fans still going strong)
Currently looking at getting the following - links are primarily for the rough pricing of the items as I've budgeted:
- i7 9700k (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-BX80684I79700K-CORE-I7-9700K-RETAIL/dp/B07JJ8CSNZ)
- RTX 2080 (https://www.overclockers.co.uk/palit-geforce-rtx-2080-gamerock-rgb-8192mb-gddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-04e-pl.html)
- 32GB @ 3200MHz (4x8GB) (https://www.amazon.co.uk/CORSAIR-Vengeance-3200MHz-Desktop-Memory/dp/B07D5SN1ZK)
- 1TB NVMe for boot and primary games/applications (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-CT1000P1SSD8-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B07J2Q4SWZ)
- Mobo Unknown - I've set aside remaining 250GBP odd for this, please suggest possible options
What would you guys recommend? Would that keep me going and for how long? If need be, wouldn't necessarily mind upgrading just the GPU later down the line (say in 2 years time, thus getting something perhaps a little cheaper now), but not much else beyond that. Again, my pricing is based on the ability to keep parts of my current build.
Just need a rough idea on what to keep my eyes peeled for during the holiday season in terms of deals....