there are already quite some log combiners around, but a friend pointed out to me, that there are no real quick online log combiners around anymore, and that the python log combiner I wrote is difficult to first time set up.
So I thought a bit about it and got to the conclusion that the simplest solution would be a userscript directly for logs.tf => Meaning I wrote one in the last 2 days (based on my python version).
You can see the result as a single image here:
or a quick video on how to use and install it here.
It is available on my github page.
Now you may ask why should you use it instead of alternatives? - So here a quick list of advantages:
- Installed as a userscript, meaning you are not dependent on a third party hoster but it is directly integrated into logs.tf (meaning you also don't need to copy URL's)
- You do not need to setup any installation/environment like Java or Python
- It automatically tries to fill in the map name for you (generated using the maps of the logs)
- It tries to reduce logs to the important parts (for log parsing) so the resulting combined file is smaller than other log combiners
- No need for an API key (although it requires the user to be logged in at least once with the script activated)
If you have any ideas / questions / suggestions feel free to tell me.
- This script is now independent of functions of the userscript manager, for more info take a look at issue #1 - but for the normal user nothing of interest changed.
- Correctly get the map name now for a map like
- Further log minifying was replaced with an "advanced" algorithm which allows the accuracy stat to survive but still greatly minifies the log, it is now enabled by default - Be aware you lose up to 1% accuracy with every log added due to potential rounding errors
- Now using a TamperMonkey function instead of the default window.open to prevent the pop up blocker from blocking openening the newly created log
- Error messages are now more clear (it will tell you if the log was too big and tell you the error status code on http errors)
- You can now click the link in the footer to open a settings menu, there you can set a custom API key (which is not your own) and enable or disable further log minifying (which is disabled by default now) If you further minify the log you lose the accuracy stat
- If the user never generated a API key yet, the script will automatically generate one for him. (Also gets a key if it was previously wrong)
Additionally the namespace changed here, so you have to reinstall the script and remove the old version
- If you are logged in at least once, the userscript will save your API key, if the script has an API key but no user is logged in, it will use the key instead for uploading. Like before if there is no user logged in or no API key most of the functionality will be hidden
- A bug which made logs unreadable for the log parser (by adding an unwanted undefined)
- You can now also add and remove logs directly on the log page (instead of only in the overview list)
- Logs on the uploads page are now correctly handled (for whatever reason you would combine logs from there)
- Prevent pressing the upload button multiple times