Subscribe on the Workshop
The map has been uploaded to serveme.tf and can be selected as "koth_warmtic_f5" when renting a server.
Latest update: 2021-04-04
"Refresh:" is a series aimed at making maps more suitable for 6v6 and other gamemodes. We took the opportunity to use our experience to fix the issues with map geometry as well as minor aesthetic and performance improvements. We humbly invite you to try out these changes and offer your feedback, so that together we are able to increase the quality of the competitive map pool.
Warmtic has been around a while in Highlander but we noticed it was getting quite low reviews from players in ETF2L's last poll. Most changes you'll see here aim to only improve gameplay, not change. Most hiding/perch spots have been left in.
• Changed the control point model
• Minor visual changes.
• Brightened red side behind the crate doorway
• Fixed a hole in the fence on BLU side by the window.
• Removed many of the light poles in the spawn areas.
• Added more consistent patches under health and ammo
• Fixed some minor visual bugs with the ground textures
• Closed a gap
between the concrete area and the raised middle point.
• Fixed a bug preventing bullet decals on some of the concrete floors.
• Flattened out some of the ground by dropdown
• General visual tweaks and improvements.
• Fixed some asymmetry.
• Updated the clipping on a set of boxes that looked climbable
to be climbable.
• Moved the lamp and barrel near the left spawn route
• Moved the crate next to the left stairs
to not catch projectiles.
• Improved the clipping on some of the unuseable doors.
• Removed a crack shot
next to the crates and little dropdown on mid.
• Fixed a bug where you could use the resupply bind outside the enemy’s spawn.
• Made the point hologram invisible
• Fixed a bug which allowed you to see through the flank wall
from some positions.
An album of all the changes.
• Fixed a hole in the displacements
on the left side of the house.
• Improved the ground texture in the 3D Skybox.
• Removed the lamps by the catwalk
• Tweaked some prop fade times.
• Clipped the far left pole when entering yard.
• Added blockbullets to the corners of the room at the bottom of the stairs.
• Fixed an asymmetry at the edges of the tunnel entrance.
• Smoothed the blockbullets on the catwalk fence.
• Clipped the pole by the left route from spawn.
• Clipped around the box in banana.
• Lowered the top crates on mid to cover up a crack shot
An album of all the changes.
• HDR has been lowered slightly.
• Removed unnessarcy lighting left over from koth_arctic.
• Slightly better FPS (maybe lighting entities left over from koth_arctic have been removed,
these are necessary anymore because the map isn't at night)
• Given props that need it prop fade.
• Improved when props fade out.
• Most props/brushes that created movement issues have either been deleted, clipped or
had their collisions disabled. (Perches have stayed, however perches above the spawn doors have been clipped off.)
• All stairs have been given blockbullets
• Gaps on side of the point have been filled with concrete.
• Little pole like object that sticks out on the ramp to the point
has been removed and the ramp has been extended to the shipping crate.
• Wooden platform connecting shipping crate to balc has been smoothed and clipped.
• Lower has been clipped, lights have had their clipping removed.
• Clipped ceiling in side rooms.
• Fixed texture bugs
• Removed broken window
• Cleaned up, its still just as dangerous but you want get stuck in crouch. (possibly a controversial change, let me know what you think).
• Cleaned up.
• Ladder clipped with block bullets (wont have same issue has rc4 with getting caught).
• Sewed displacement .
• Filled hole in truck.
• Filled hole in wall next to truck.
• Hiding spot cleaned up (want feedback from spy players)
• Cleaned up.
• Stairway to balc has been cleaned up.
• Removed broken window.
• Removed rubble.
The full photo album can be found here
WANT TO HELP?
We are currently looking for skilled mappers to join our group! We have projects currently in the works that we would love to share with you. We are proud and happy about the work we do and the impact it has on the game as we grow with it. Check out this thread for more information.
Hanz for Arctic, Popcorp for Warmtic, and Skaz for F1
Alistor for the control point skin.
Jackylegs, Roboprod, Harris0n and the Refresh Team