Upvote Upvoted 56 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3 4
UGC bans picking up dropped mediguns
0 Frags +

More info here: http://www.ugcleague.com/home_tf2h_newsitem.cfm?newsitem=3402

Seems like UGC have banned the ability to pickup any kind of medi-gun in highlander, else your match will be forfeited.
Thoughts?

More info here: http://www.ugcleague.com/home_tf2h_newsitem.cfm?newsitem=3402

Seems like UGC have banned the ability to pickup any kind of medi-gun in highlander, else your match will be forfeited.
Thoughts?
14 Frags +

Probably good imo, it made it so there was often no consequence or way too extreme of a consequence for dropping

Probably good imo, it made it so there was often no consequence or way too extreme of a consequence for dropping
30 Frags +

ugc doing something good for once

ugc doing something good for once
11 Frags +

yeah picking up mediguns either gives an ad to a team that doesn't deserve it or speeds up the game by about 10 seconds

not really a great feature

yeah picking up mediguns either gives an ad to a team that doesn't deserve it or speeds up the game by about 10 seconds

not really a great feature
37 Frags +

can esea do this too i really dont want to play around this shit in playoffs

can esea do this too i really dont want to play around this shit in playoffs
11 Frags +

etf2l please do this as well

etf2l please do this as well
4 Frags +

Very good move. It beats moving the match a week to wait for Valve, which would be risky because Valve can just say "nah" and not actually fix the medigun-pickup crap, thus making the week-delay useless. This couldn't have ended better.

Just need to wait and see which idiot tries to pick up a medigun and get their match DQ'd

Very good move. It beats moving the match a week to wait for Valve, which would be risky because Valve can just say "nah" and not actually fix the medigun-pickup crap, thus making the week-delay useless. This couldn't have ended better.

Just need to wait and see which idiot tries to pick up a medigun and get their match DQ'd
1 Frags +

pretty dumb change

pretty dumb change
14 Frags +
milopretty dumb change

how? literally every scrim, lobby, and pug I've played, whether it be 6s or HL, the medi-gun pickup thing proved to be incredibly fucking broken. The second a med dies on EITHER team, both teams have an incredibly un-fair chance at being fucked over. The med that died can pick up his own medi-gun, which a ton of players forget, or the med that's still alive can keep both medi-guns at his disposal by just juggling the dead medic's medi-gun to their own safety of the map.

Also, I'm sure it's being banned temporarily. People claim we should be making strats for this, but it's sunday night, the day before match night. Tons of people keep forgetting that this is a thing that can be abused, so it'd be un-wise to let teams go into a match with this broken mechanic.

[quote=milo]pretty dumb change[/quote]

how? literally every scrim, lobby, and pug I've played, whether it be 6s or HL, the medi-gun pickup thing proved to be incredibly fucking broken. The second a med dies on EITHER team, both teams have an incredibly un-fair chance at being fucked over. The med that died can pick up his own medi-gun, which a ton of players forget, or the med that's still alive can keep both medi-guns at his disposal by just juggling the dead medic's medi-gun to their own safety of the map.

Also, I'm sure it's being banned temporarily. People claim we should be making strats for this, but it's sunday night, the day before match night. Tons of people keep forgetting that this is a thing that can be abused, so it'd be un-wise to let teams go into a match with this broken mechanic.
50 Frags +

TF2 PROMOD TODO:

• get rid of medigun swapping
  • allow up to 110 fov
  • unlock mat_picmip
  • ban heavy
  • remove all classes except soldier
TF2 PROMOD TODO:
[list]
[*] [s]get rid of medigun swapping[/s]
[*] allow up to 110 fov
[*] unlock mat_picmip
[*] ban heavy
[*] remove all classes except soldier
[/list]
5 Frags +

If this is actually going to be a thing in TF2 now, there definitely needs to be a cvar for it.

If this is actually going to be a thing in TF2 now, there definitely needs to be a cvar for it.
11 Frags +
kirbyIf this is actually going to be a thing in TF2 now, there definitely needs to be a cvar for it.

tf_dropped_weapon_lifetime 0 makes weapons not drop, but it's cheat-protected. if you have sourcemod, you can do sm_cvar tf_dropped_weapon_lifetime 0 and it works.

[quote=kirby]If this is actually going to be a thing in TF2 now, there definitely needs to be a cvar for it.[/quote]
tf_dropped_weapon_lifetime 0 makes weapons not drop, but it's cheat-protected. if you have sourcemod, you can do sm_cvar tf_dropped_weapon_lifetime 0 and it works.
9 Frags +

also: full news post regarding the changes: http://www.ugcleague.com/home_tf2h_newsitem.cfm?newsitem=3402

also: full news post regarding the changes: http://www.ugcleague.com/home_tf2h_newsitem.cfm?newsitem=3402
-8 Frags +

this is actually the dumbest shit, lets just keep playing vanilla + kritz

valve steers the game in one direction and everyone is like OMG NEW METAS BETTER BAN IT

dumb. as. fuck.

this is actually the dumbest shit, lets just keep playing vanilla + kritz

valve steers the game in one direction and everyone is like OMG NEW METAS BETTER BAN IT

dumb. as. fuck.
-13 Frags +
flamethis is actually the dumbest shit, lets just keep playing vanilla + kritz

dumb. as. fuck.

all this after 8 years, they could've woke up earlier

etf2l please be reasonable

[quote=flame]this is actually the dumbest shit, lets just keep playing vanilla + kritz

dumb. as. fuck.[/quote]

all this after 8 years, they could've woke up earlier

etf2l please be reasonable
0 Frags +

dumb. as. fuck.

ur retarded

[quote=flame]this is actually the dumbest shit, lets just keep playing vanilla + kritz

dumb. as. fuck.[/quote]

ur retarded
-32 Frags +

rofl, you shitlords can -frag me to death, but honestly it's shit like this that makes me hope they don't launch 6v6 mm due to the incompetency of the leagues theyd be helping promote.

rofl, you shitlords can -frag me to death, but honestly it's shit like this that makes me hope they don't launch 6v6 mm due to the incompetency of the leagues theyd be helping promote.
11 Frags +

I look forward to the drama this causes when a team loses cause their med picked up a medigun

I look forward to the drama this causes when a team loses cause their med picked up a medigun
55 Frags +

Valve is finally investing in comp, it won't be wise to try to ban everything they change.

Talk to them instead, they seem to be finally listening.

Valve is finally investing in comp, it won't be wise to try to ban everything they change.

Talk to them instead, they seem to be finally listening.
14 Frags +

im pretty sure somebody killed a medic
and he respawned in time to pick up the their old medigun
so he had 70% instead of 0%

im pretty sure somebody killed a medic
and he respawned in time to pick up the their old medigun
so he had 70% instead of 0%
30 Frags +

It's in the middle of the season. I think it's fair to put off the incorporation of a mechanic that has such a large impact on the meta. After the season, if Valve has said this mechanic is staying, then hopefully UGC reconsiders.

It's in the middle of the season. I think it's fair to put off the incorporation of a mechanic that has such a large impact on the meta. After the season, if Valve has said this mechanic is staying, then hopefully UGC reconsiders.
19 Frags +

dumb. as. fuck.

It's midseason for UGC, so it makes perfect sense. Why take the chance of ruining the rest of the season with an untested mechanic?

Next UGC season is just a few months away, so there will be time for patches, testing, discussion, and debate before then. UGC polls their community between seasons now to determine what the players want; odds are this change and the questionable weapons will end up there and UGC will adjust for next season according to what people want to see.

Edit: I see fireindaarcade and I agree. He had me beat by 6 seconds!

dumb. as. fuck.[/quote]

It's midseason for UGC, so it makes perfect sense. Why take the chance of ruining the rest of the season with an untested mechanic?

Next UGC season is just a few months away, so there will be time for patches, testing, discussion, and debate before then. UGC polls their community between seasons now to determine what the players want; odds are this change and the questionable weapons will end up there and UGC will adjust for next season according to what people want to see.

Edit: I see fireindaarcade and I agree. He had me beat by 6 seconds!
-8 Frags +

yeah youre right, we should play i55 on the patch from 3 weeks ago, everyone revert your updates.

yeah youre right, we should play i55 on the patch from 3 weeks ago, everyone revert your updates.
-11 Frags +
flameyeah youre right, we should play i55 on the patch from 3 weeks ago, everyone revert your updates.

no, we just eat whatever shit valve throws us instead?

[quote=flame]yeah youre right, we should play i55 on the patch from 3 weeks ago, everyone revert your updates.[/quote]

-12 Frags +
rock-no, we just eat whatever shit valve throws us instead?

I trust your opinion over flame's because you're a more respected and accomplished member of the community, with more to show for your ability, that understands this game at a higher level

[quote=rock-]
no, we just eat whatever shit valve throws us instead?[/quote]
I trust your opinion over flame's because you're a more respected and accomplished member of the community, with more to show for your ability, that understands this game at a higher level
46 Frags +
DigresserIt's midseason for UGC, so it makes perfect sense. Why take the chance of ruining the rest of the season with an untested mechanic?

I don't think there's a way to protect the season's integrity when they made sweeping balances changes to a ton of weapons that are still allowed. That ship has sailed, unless UGC intends on utilizing server-side plugins to revert the balance changes.

On another note, UGC needs to start addressing how they intend to handle future balance patches which may influence the gameplay even more than this patch did, as well as how they intend to handle the future matchmaking update. I don't see how leagues expect to stay in their bubbles forever.

[quote=Digresser]It's midseason for UGC, so it makes perfect sense. Why take the chance of ruining the rest of the season with an untested mechanic?

Next UGC season is just a few months away, so there will be time for patches, testing, discussion, and debate before then. UGC polls their community between seasons now to determine what the players want; odds are this change and the questionable weapons will end up there and UGC will adjust for next season according to what people want to see.[/quote]

I don't think there's a way to protect the season's integrity when they made sweeping balances changes to a ton of weapons that are still allowed. That ship has sailed, unless UGC intends on utilizing server-side plugins to revert the balance changes.

On another note, UGC needs to start addressing how they intend to handle future balance patches which may influence the gameplay even more than this patch did, as well as how they intend to handle the future matchmaking update. I don't see how leagues expect to stay in their bubbles forever.
-10 Frags +

Yo flame you can stop sucking Valve's dick every chance you get. Not every change is a good one. Grabbing mediguns significantly punishes teams that are already at a severe disadvantage. Its fucking terrible.

Yo flame you can stop sucking Valve's dick every chance you get. Not every change is a good one. Grabbing mediguns significantly punishes teams that are already at a severe disadvantage. Its fucking terrible.
17 Frags +
rock-flameyeah youre right, we should play i55 on the patch from 3 weeks ago, everyone revert your updates.

If you want comp TF2 to grow, you will actually try the features, if it's really bad for the game, you will talk with Valve so they rethink about it. If you just ban everything different Valve may just give up to help our community with this new attention they are giving to competitive.

[quote=rock-][quote=flame]yeah youre right, we should play i55 on the patch from 3 weeks ago, everyone revert your updates.[/quote]

no, we just eat whatever shit valve throws us instead?[/quote]
If you want comp TF2 to grow, you will actually try the features, if it's really bad for the game, you will talk with Valve so they rethink about it. If you just ban everything different Valve may just give up to help our community with this new attention they are giving to competitive.
4 Frags +

a medic dies with uber on last, respawns 10-15 seconds later, picks up his medgun and has uber again.

a medic dies on his batts with 90% uber, enemy medic pushes last with a new 90% charged medgun to use for the push.

positioning is now more relevant to the game, as is timing, and you're calling that a broken mechanic? i really dont understand the argument of its "shit"

a medic dies with uber on last, respawns 10-15 seconds later, picks up his medgun and has uber again.

a medic dies on his batts with 90% uber, enemy medic pushes last with a new 90% charged medgun to use for the push.

positioning is now more relevant to the game, as is timing, and you're calling that a broken mechanic? i really dont understand the argument of its "shit"
32 Frags +

I like that things are being changed it sucks that some matches might be unpredictable with such changes happening but valve is looking forward and I think we have to as well because if we want this game to be alive Valve are the ones to give that to us so we cant just ban everything they do think about the big picture

my suggestion for mediguns and weapon drops

weapons at least mediguns need to despawn after 10 seconds I really dont think its fair to spawn and pick up your own old medigun

maybe the longer the medigun stays on the ground the less uber it retains say a medic drops and the weapon lays on the ground for 5 seconds it will have drained 50% of its uber then 7 seconds of laying it will be down to 30% 9 seconds 10% and then it despawns at 10 second mark

that way if you go really fast which is dangerous if the enemy team can adapt and spam their own dead medigun to keep you away you can be rewarded with high % but you cant go around picking up 90% all the time

I like that things are being changed it sucks that some matches might be unpredictable with such changes happening but valve is looking forward and I think we have to as well because if we want this game to be alive Valve are the ones to give that to us so we cant just ban everything they do think about the big picture

my suggestion for mediguns and weapon drops

weapons at least mediguns need to despawn after 10 seconds I really dont think its fair to spawn and pick up your own old medigun

maybe the longer the medigun stays on the ground the less uber it retains say a medic drops and the weapon lays on the ground for 5 seconds it will have drained 50% of its uber then 7 seconds of laying it will be down to 30% 9 seconds 10% and then it despawns at 10 second mark

that way if you go really fast which is dangerous if the enemy team can adapt and spam their own dead medigun to keep you away you can be rewarded with high % but you cant go around picking up 90% all the time
1 2 3 4
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.