Upvote Upvoted 73 Downvote Downvoted
1 2 3 4 ⋅⋅ 10
Gun Mettle Bugs
0 Frags +

Just post bugs and I'll add them to the master list. Please be descriptive.

Index:

• Current Bugs
  • Upcoming Fix
  • Fixed

List of bugs:

• Performance is shit for everyone on the planet.
  • Updating contract progress bars requires a hud_reloadscheme. Patch 2
  • Completed contracts are only awarded after restarting the game. Patch 2
  • Soap doesn't disable when tournament mode starts. Not sure if TF2, Sourcemod, or Soap bug.
  • Deathcam in tournament mode shows camera hovering above your corpse, looking constantly at the player that killed you, until you revive.
  • Match timers don't enable for tournament mode, only round timers do (the ones that reset on captures).
  • Players are not frozen in place as soon as tournament mode starts. Players are frozen in place for subsequent round spawns for the rest of the match. Not a bug
  • Scouts can pick up Engineer pistols, and the reserve 200 ammo is kept. You cannot pick up ammo packs to return to 200 once some of it is spent, but you still have 200 reserve.
  • Going into third person (by taunting or using abilities that put you into third person temporarily) with an unusual brings the effect into your viewmodel. The only way to make it go away is to die or switch classes. Patch 3
  • Explosive jump changes of all sorts, see posts #4 and #14. Patch 3, still not fixed fully
  • Sentry and Boston Basher jumps are broken.
  • Stickies have no damage falloff.
  • All skinnable weapons (read: stock weapons) use the highest quality model, even with client overrides to use the lowest model quality.
  • You can read enemy classes by clicking them on the scoreboard. Patch 3
  • Third person mayamode has an upside down camera.
  • Attachment models don't show up on both viewmodel and world model weapons. This includes attachment models like festive lights, which are a separate model that gets attached to the original stock model, as well as for weapons like the Kritzkrieg and Scottish Resistance, which use attachments onto the stock medigun and stickybomb launcher. This doesn't appear to be the case unique festives like the Huntsman and Ambassador. This bug doesn't happen to all players. Some players also cannot see botkiller attachments, while others can but they can't see festives. Patch 3
  • Crusader's Crossbow is missing its original description: "Fires special bolts that heal teammates and deal damage based on distance travelled".
  • Picking up the Your Eternal Reward without having it equipped when you spawn allows you to still disguise. Patch 3
  • The Crusader's Crossbow, Huntsman, and Rescue Ranger cannot damage sentries. Patch 3
  • The Short Circuit's alt fire has no animation.
  • The Vaccinator does not build uber at full speed during warmup.
  • Inventory pages can no longer be changed with the A and D keys.
  • Some players are seeing black textures in maps.
  • The Enforcer's damage buff activates while disguising, not just while disguised.
  • Posthumous kills with the Air Strike use the Rocket Launcher killfeed icons.
  • Switching to the Grenade Launcher while using the Iron Bomber will cause the Iron Bomber to shoot pipes, rather than balls.
  • Killing yourself with the Quickiebomb Launcher shows the Stickybomb Launcher killfeed icon.
  • There are lots of animation issues, where sometimes players are running in place instead of taunting, sometimes players are always facing one direction even when they're turning around, and sometimes players are stuck in the reference pose.
  • The "Remember last active weapon on respawn" advanced option is broken.
  • If you go to change your weapon in your loadout and use a keyboard shortcut to back out of the weapon select screen, you will equip the default weapon rather than reverting back to what you had equipped before entering the weapon select screen.
  • Constant client crashes when trying to redeem and progress contracts. Patch 4
  • In spectatortournament.res you can only change "team2_player_base_offset_x" while "team1_player_base_offset_x" seems to be hardcoded now. They get aligned in a certain relation to each other on the x-axis when you change "team2_player_base_offset_x". This means you can't align them both on the left side of the screen.
  • The Dalokohs Bar increases your max health by 50 points, and then gives you a 50 health overheal, rather than just increasing your health by 100 points like intended.

Attempted bug fix updates: 4

Just post bugs and I'll add them to the master list. Please be descriptive.

[b]Index:[/b]
[list]
[*] Current Bugs
[*] [u]Upcoming Fix[/u]
[*] [s]Fixed[/s]
[/list]

[b]List of bugs:[/b]

[list]
[*] [size=16]Performance is shit for everyone on the planet.[/size]
[*] [s][size=12]Updating contract progress bars requires a hud_reloadscheme.[/size][/s] [url=https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/July_2,_2015_Patch#Patch_2]Patch 2[/url]
[*] [s][size=12]Completed contracts are only awarded after restarting the game.[/size][/s] [url=https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/July_2,_2015_Patch#Patch_2]Patch 2[/url]
[*] [size=12]Soap doesn't disable when tournament mode starts. Not sure if TF2, Sourcemod, or Soap bug.[/size]
[*] [size=12]Deathcam in tournament mode shows camera hovering above your corpse, looking constantly at the player that killed you, until you revive.[/size]
[*] [size=12]Match timers don't enable for tournament mode, only round timers do (the ones that reset on captures).[/size]
[*] [s][size=12]Players are not frozen in place as soon as tournament mode starts. Players are frozen in place for subsequent round spawns for the rest of the match.[/size][/s] [url=http://www.teamfortress.tv/post/451413/new-convars-in-gun-mettle]Not a bug[/url]
[*] [size=12]Scouts can pick up Engineer pistols, and the reserve 200 ammo is kept. You cannot pick up ammo packs to return to 200 once some of it is spent, but you still have 200 reserve.[/size]
[*] [s][u][size=12]Going into third person (by taunting or using abilities that put you into third person temporarily) with an unusual brings the effect into your viewmodel. The only way to make it go away is to die or switch classes.[/size][/u][/s] [url=https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/July_3,_2015_Patch]Patch 3[/url]
[*] [u][size=12]Explosive jump changes of all sorts, see posts #4 and #14.[/size][/u] [url=https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/July_3,_2015_Patch]Patch 3[/url], still not fixed fully
[*] [size=12]Sentry and Boston Basher jumps are broken.[/size]
[*] [size=12]Stickies have no damage falloff.[/size]
[*] [size=12]All skinnable weapons (read: stock weapons) use the highest quality model, even with client overrides to use the lowest model quality.[/size]
[*] [s][size=12]You can read enemy classes by clicking them on the scoreboard.[/size][/s] [url=https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/July_3,_2015_Patch]Patch 3[/url]
[*] [size=12]Third person mayamode has an upside down camera.[/size]
[*] [s][size=12]Attachment models don't show up on both viewmodel and world model weapons. This includes attachment models like festive lights, which are a separate model that gets attached to the original stock model, as well as for weapons like the Kritzkrieg and Scottish Resistance, which use attachments onto the stock medigun and stickybomb launcher. This doesn't appear to be the case unique festives like the Huntsman and Ambassador. This bug doesn't happen to all players. Some players also cannot see botkiller attachments, while others can but they can't see festives.[/s] [url=https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/July_3,_2015_Patch]Patch 3[/url]
[*] [size=12]Crusader's Crossbow is missing its original description: "Fires special bolts that heal teammates and deal damage based on distance travelled".[/size]
[*] [s][size=12]Picking up the Your Eternal Reward without having it equipped when you spawn allows you to still disguise.[/size][/s] [url=https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/July_3,_2015_Patch]Patch 3[/url]
[*] [size=12]The Crusader's Crossbow, [s]Huntsman[/s], and Rescue Ranger cannot damage sentries.[/size] [url=https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/July_3,_2015_Patch]Patch 3[/url]
[*] [size=12]The Short Circuit's alt fire has no animation.[/size]
[*] [size=12]The Vaccinator does not build uber at full speed during warmup.[/size]
[*] [size=12]Inventory pages can no longer be changed with the A and D keys.[/size]
[*] [size=12]Some players are seeing black textures in maps.[/size]
[*] [size=12]The Enforcer's damage buff activates while disguising, not just while disguised.[/size]
[*] [size=12]Posthumous kills with the Air Strike use the Rocket Launcher killfeed icons.[/size]
[*] [size=12]Switching to the Grenade Launcher while using the Iron Bomber will cause the Iron Bomber to shoot pipes, rather than balls.[/size]
[*] [size=12]Killing yourself with the Quickiebomb Launcher shows the Stickybomb Launcher killfeed icon.[/size]
[*] [size=12]There are lots of animation issues, where sometimes players are running in place instead of taunting, sometimes players are always facing one direction even when they're turning around, and sometimes players are stuck in the reference pose.[/size]
[*] [size=12]The "Remember last active weapon on respawn" advanced option is broken.[/size]
[*] [size=12]If you go to change your weapon in your loadout and use a keyboard shortcut to back out of the weapon select screen, you will equip the default weapon rather than reverting back to what you had equipped before entering the weapon select screen.[/size]
[*] [s][size=12]Constant client crashes when trying to redeem and progress contracts.[/size][/s] [url=https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/July_4,_2015_Patch]Patch 4[/url]
[*] [size=12]In spectatortournament.res you can only change "team2_player_base_offset_x" while "team1_player_base_offset_x" seems to be hardcoded now. They get aligned in a certain relation to each other on the x-axis when you change "team2_player_base_offset_x". This means you can't align them both on the left side of the screen.[/size]
[*] [size=12]The Dalokohs Bar increases your max health by 50 points, and then gives you a 50 health overheal, rather than just increasing your health by 100 points like intended.[/size]
[/list]
[b]Attempted bug fix updates:[/b] [size=16]4[/size]
-5 Frags +

edit: NO MORE KAIDUS ROLLOUT

edit: NO MORE KAIDUS ROLLOUT
17 Frags +

no static jumps, no ctaps, no speedshots, wall jumps are fucked, strafing even seems off.

no static jumps, no ctaps, no speedshots, wall jumps are fucked, strafing even seems off.
24 Frags +

posted in the other thread but ill put it here too,

Rocketjumping has been changed entirely, the minimum push and maximum push are now exactly the same, (27 hops are max distance), walljumps are nowhere near as efficient as floorjumps. Speedshots, ctaps, and static jumps are removed from the game entirely. Pogo jump physics are changed due to the radius change, surfing rockets however is minimally changed.

Whether it is done intentionally is questionable. It makes rocket jumping easier for newer players, however lowers the skill ceiling and precision that it required before, as well as the spacing that maps took into account for soldiers.

posted in the other thread but ill put it here too,

Rocketjumping has been changed entirely, the minimum push and maximum push are now exactly the same, (27 hops are max distance), walljumps are nowhere near as efficient as floorjumps. Speedshots, ctaps, and static jumps are removed from the game entirely. Pogo jump physics are changed due to the radius change, surfing rockets however is minimally changed.

Whether it is done intentionally is questionable. It makes rocket jumping easier for newer players, however lowers the skill ceiling and precision that it required before, as well as the spacing that maps took into account for soldiers.
8 Frags +
Rainmanno static jumps, no ctaps, no speedshots, wall jumps are fucked, strafing even seems off.

regular rocket jumps are giving ctap distance. soldier skill ceiling just went way down.

I'm pretty sure this has to do with the changes to the banners

[quote=Rainman]no static jumps, no ctaps, no speedshots, wall jumps are fucked, strafing even seems off.[/quote]

regular rocket jumps are giving ctap distance. soldier skill ceiling just went way down.

I'm pretty sure this has to do with the changes to the banners
9 Frags +

Stickies have no damage falloff

Stickies have no damage falloff
0 Frags +

1 Frags +

I'm consistently getting a bug where when dying during the autoreload animation the reload sound loops during the deathcam

I'm consistently getting a bug where when dying during the autoreload animation the reload sound loops during the deathcam
1 Frags +
Kanecofound a bug, if you are using an unusual hat and taunt you get the unusual effect covering your screen lol.

http://i.imgur.com/3iQXaZM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/i3cl6FQ.jpg

Literally pay2lose
[quote=Kaneco]found a bug, if you are using an unusual hat and taunt you get the unusual effect covering your screen lol.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/3iQXaZM.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/i3cl6FQ.jpg[/img]

Literally pay2lose[/quote]
5 Frags +

Taunting with an unusual puts the effect in front of your face.

Taunting with the box taunt lets you dodge sentry fire.

There's some glitch that lets you see the classes of players on the enemy team.

Taunting with an unusual puts the effect in front of your face.

Taunting with the box taunt lets you dodge sentry fire.

There's some glitch that lets you see the classes of players on the enemy team.
6 Frags +

All stock weapons look more detailed, even with detail model set to lowest. Previously all weapons looked polygoned, alot.
Now all stock weapons look very circular, but all the other weapons looked polygoned.
Its either the model detail doesnt affect the stock anymore, or they increased their detail in purpose just for the skins.

All stock weapons look more detailed, even with detail model set to lowest. Previously all weapons looked polygoned, alot.
Now all stock weapons look very circular, but all the other weapons looked polygoned.
Its either the model detail doesnt affect the stock anymore, or they increased their detail in purpose just for the skins.
4 Frags +

I'd assume the fact that it shows a picture of the class of an opponent if you click them on the scoreboard is a bug.

I'd assume the fact that it shows a picture of the class of an opponent if you click them on the scoreboard is a bug.
1 Frags +

You can't see your contracts updated unless you constantly refresh your HUD. Once you get 100/100 on a contract, you're supposed to press F2 to turn it in, but it does nothing except bring up the contract menu. You can't do anything else besides view contracts and close the menu. I read restarting the game helps, so I did and nothing happened except my contracts are now at 0/100.

You can't see your contracts updated unless you constantly refresh your HUD. Once you get 100/100 on a contract, you're supposed to press F2 to turn it in, but it does nothing except bring up the contract menu. You can't do anything else besides view contracts and close the menu. I read restarting the game helps, so I did and nothing happened except my contracts are now at 0/100.
0 Frags +

Very little height gained from Wrangler rocket jumping (likely tied to the universal explosive KB bug)

Very little height gained from Wrangler rocket jumping (likely tied to the universal explosive KB bug)
5 Frags +
kirbyYou can't see your contracts updated unless you constantly refresh your HUD. Once you get 100/100 on a contract, you're supposed to press F2 to turn it in, but it does nothing except bring up the contract menu. You can't do anything else besides view contracts and close the menu. I read restarting the game helps, so I did and nothing happened except my contracts are now at 0/100.

this problem was fixed for me when I removed my custom HUD

[quote=kirby]You can't see your contracts updated unless you constantly refresh your HUD. Once you get 100/100 on a contract, you're supposed to press F2 to turn it in, but it does nothing except bring up the contract menu. You can't do anything else besides view contracts and close the menu. I read restarting the game helps, so I did and nothing happened except my contracts are now at 0/100.[/quote]
this problem was fixed for me when I removed my custom HUD
0 Frags +

1 Frags +

I think they converted stock weapons (some unlocks?) to use c_models, those are much nicer looking

I think they converted stock weapons (some unlocks?) to use c_models, those are much nicer looking
1 Frags +
FireTimiAll stock weapons look more detailed, even with detail model set to lowest. Previously all weapons looked polygoned, alot.
thats what i said in #7

Oh, sorry!

[quote=Fire][quote=Timi]All stock weapons look more detailed, even with detail model set to lowest. Previously all weapons looked polygoned, alot.
Its either the model detail doesnt affect the stock anymore, or they increased their detail in purpose just for the skins.[/quote]
thats what i said in #7[/quote]

Oh, sorry!
1 Frags +

It broke thirdperson mayamode from what I can see, camera is upside down
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=474038032

It broke thirdperson mayamode from what I can see, camera is upside down
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=474038032
3 Frags +

jeez they fucked up so many things with this patch :\

jeez they fucked up so many things with this patch :\
7 Frags +

rip the fun of jumping, you will be missed

rip the fun of jumping, you will be missed
9 Frags +

stickies charge slower + radius seems bigger now (second part unconfirmed)

sticky jumping is fucked in all the same ways as rocket jumping. Wall jumping fucked, crouch detting fucked, etc

stickies charge slower + radius seems bigger now (second part unconfirmed)

sticky jumping is fucked in all the same ways as rocket jumping. Wall jumping fucked, crouch detting fucked, etc
2 Frags +

you can't process rollout as demoman and blands rollout is slower (you barely get to the bridge using the window jump)

you can't process rollout as demoman and blands rollout is slower (you barely get to the bridge using the window jump)
-4 Frags +

Wow, this seriously irritates me. All of the hard work that these jumpers put into, means nothing now? Think about all of the competitive jumping where they used speedshots, wall jumps, ctaps, all that stuff, and its all use less now. Rollouts are messed up too? Come on valve.

Wow, this seriously irritates me. All of the hard work that these jumpers put into, means nothing now? Think about all of the competitive jumping where they used speedshots, wall jumps, ctaps, all that stuff, and its all use less now. Rollouts are messed up too? Come on valve.
0 Frags +

unknown gifted glitch still an issue.
looks like 'remember the active weapon between lives' doesnt work either.

unknown gifted glitch still an issue.
looks like 'remember the active weapon between lives' doesnt work either.
2 Frags +
kaidusstickies charge slower + radius seems bigger now (second part unconfirmed)

charge time is still 4 seconds, it wasn't changed at all

[quote=kaidus]stickies charge slower + radius seems bigger now (second part unconfirmed)

sticky jumping is fucked in all the same ways as rocket jumping. Wall jumping fucked, crouch detting fucked, etc[/quote]
charge time is still 4 seconds, it wasn't changed at all
0 Frags +

I know this has always been something, but aren't ramps/stairs explosions even worse now?

I know this has always been something, but aren't ramps/stairs explosions even worse now?
1 Frags +

festives/other model attachments aren't working, nor can they be inspected

festives/other model attachments aren't working, nor can they be inspected
1 Frags +
eeefestives/other model attachments aren't working, nor can they be inspected

Festives / aussies seem to work fine for me, can't be inspected though. Bot killers don't work for me though.

[quote=eee]festives/other model attachments aren't working, nor can they be inspected[/quote]
Festives / aussies seem to work fine for me, can't be inspected though. Bot killers don't work for me though.
0 Frags +

you have to hud_reloadscheme to update contract progress and restart the game to turn in the contract

you have to hud_reloadscheme to update contract progress and restart the game to turn in the contract
1 2 3 4 ⋅⋅ 10
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.