Upvote Upvoted 16 Downvote Downvoted
1 2
Things you wish you saw more often in HUDs.
posted in Customization
0 Frags +

Have you ever seen that ONE thing in a HUD you absolutely love, but can't find in any other HUD? That's what this thread is about.

Personally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair. I just tried it out yesterday on my HUD, and I'm already in love. Its so much easier to see, and the HUD feels cleaner too.

Have you ever seen that ONE thing in a HUD you absolutely love, but can't find in any other HUD? That's what this thread is about.

Personally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair. I just tried it out yesterday on my HUD, and I'm already in love. Its so much easier to see, and the HUD feels cleaner too.
17 Frags +

buttons on the main page that you can assign to connect you to specific servers

buttons on the main page that you can assign to connect you to specific servers
24 Frags +

the main menu background being steamboat willie.
it never gets old.
ever.

http://i.imgur.com/J3H4h8i.jpg

the main menu background being steamboat willie.
it never gets old.
ever.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/J3H4h8i.jpg[/img]
6 Frags +

Killfeed at the bottom
Most of the time you don't need to see the floor but there are going to be all sorts of people flying through the air

Killfeed at the bottom
Most of the time you don't need to see the floor but there are going to be all sorts of people flying through the air
-1 Frags +
KhanKillfeed at the bottom

Do you prefer the bottom left or right?

[quote=Khan]Killfeed at the bottom
Most of the time you don't need to see the floor but there are going to be all sorts of people flying through the air[/quote]
-3 Frags +
KhanKillfeed at the bottom

I thought I was the only one who moves killfeeds to the bottom in my hud edits, wow

[quote=Khan]Killfeed at the bottom
Most of the time you don't need to see the floor but there are going to be all sorts of people flying through the air[/quote]

I thought I was the only one who moves killfeeds to the bottom in my hud edits, wow
0 Frags +
MightyKhanKillfeed at the bottom

Bottom right because the only thing you need to edit is the y-value, but bottom left is allright too if you change the orientation from east to west

[quote=Mighty][quote=Khan]Killfeed at the bottom
Do you prefer the bottom left or right?[/quote]

Bottom right because the only thing you need to edit is the y-value, but bottom left is allright too if you change the orientation from east to west
5 Frags +

stock tf2 fonts, simplicity and not too much eye candy

stock tf2 fonts, simplicity and not too much eye candy
4 Frags +

Short charge meters like in broeselhud. It's my #1 pet peeve with HUDs when the meter just runs across the screen. Every HUD I have ever used, I needed to shorten the meters because they're too damn long.

Also, better 4:3 support.

Short charge meters like in broeselhud. It's my #1 pet peeve with HUDs when the meter just runs across the screen. Every HUD I have ever used, I needed to shorten the meters because they're too damn long.

Also, better 4:3 support.
huds.tf
2 Frags +

Rad looking menus

Rad looking menus
3 Frags +

having huds that are entirely default except for team selection/class selection/health/ammo/charge meter

thats all i look for in a hud

having huds that are entirely default except for team selection/class selection/health/ammo/charge meter

thats all i look for in a hud
5 Frags +

good damage numbers

good damage numbers
7 Frags +
N1ghTAlso, better 4:3 support.
[quote=N1ghT]Also, better 4:3 support.[/quote]
RGL.gg
3 Frags +
d_bgood damage numbers

agreed, my main gripe with huds is chip shotting someone for 3 dmg and having a giant fucking 3 in the way of everything

[quote=d_b]good damage numbers[/quote]
agreed, my main gripe with huds is chip shotting someone for 3 dmg and having a giant fucking 3 in the way of everything
6 Frags +
MightyPersonally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair.

have a link to a hud with this feature?

[quote=Mighty]Personally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair.[/quote]
have a link to a hud with this feature?
1 Frags +
enigmaMightyPersonally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair.have a link to a hud with this feature?

p sure its in bwhud

[quote=enigma][quote=Mighty]Personally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair.[/quote]
have a link to a hud with this feature?[/quote]
p sure its in bwhud
-1 Frags +

colly is licking his chops right now masturbating at the thought that with this thread, he can make better shit to not release to blue ball you all harder

colly is licking his chops right now masturbating at the thought that with this thread, he can make better shit to not release to blue ball you all harder
-4 Frags +
Mr_Harvardcolly is licking his chops right now masturbating at the thought that with this thread, he can make better shit to not release to blue ball you all harder

Haha good one!!

[quote=Mr_Harvard]colly is licking his chops right now masturbating at the thought that with this thread, he can make better shit to not release to blue ball you all harder[/quote]
Haha good one!!
3 Frags +

QTC hud's loading screen cat. It's so cute but I couldn't figure out how to put it in my hud.

QTC hud's loading screen cat. It's so cute but I couldn't figure out how to put it in my hud.
0 Frags +
enigmaMightyPersonally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair.have a link to a hud with this feature?

I don't have a HUD with that but I can tell you how to do it.

Goto tf/custom/yourhud/resource/ui/huddamageaccount.res

There should be 3 sections. Depending on your HUD the order may be different but the first one should look like this:

Show Content
"CDamageAccountPanel"
{
"fieldName" "CDamageAccountPanel"
"text_x" "0"
"text_y" "0"
"delta_item_end_y" "0"
"PositiveColor" "Garm3nHUDRealGreen"
"NegativeColor" "0 255 0 255"
"delta_lifetime" "2.0"
"delta_item_font" "Garm3nFontDamage"
"delta_item_font_big" "Garm3nFontDamage"
}

Or something similar. This section defined by "CDamageAccountPanel" is what shows up above the player when you hit them for damage. If you want to make these numbers go away simply add (if you don't already have this option) "visible" "0" to that section.

It should look like this:

Show Content
"CDamageAccountPanel"
{
"text_x" "0"
"text_y" "0"
"delta_item_end_y" "0"
"delta_lifetime" "2.0"
"visible" "0"
}

In order to place the damage under your crosshair you must change the x and y values of "DamageAccountValue" (if you have "DamageAccountValueShadow" be sure too move that was well

This is what mine looks like but yours will obviously differ slightly by hud:

Show Content
"DamageAccountValue"
{
"ControlName" "CExLabel"
"fieldName" "DamageAccountValue"
"xpos" "c-40"
"ypos" "r200"
"zpos" "2"
"wide" "74"
"tall" "32"
"visible" "1"
"enabled" "1"
"labelText" "%metal%"
"delta_lifetime" "10.0"
"textAlignment" "center"
"fgcolor" "0 255 0 255"
"font" "Garm3nFontBiggest"
}

edit: fixed what I was wrong about

[quote=enigma][quote=Mighty]Personally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair.[/quote]

There should be 3 sections. Depending on your HUD the order may be different but the first one should look like this:

[spoiler][quote] "CDamageAccountPanel"
{
"text_x" "0"
"text_y" "0"
"delta_item_end_y" "0"
"delta_lifetime" "2.0"
}
[/quote][/spoiler]

Or something similar. This section defined by "CDamageAccountPanel" is what shows up above the player when you hit them for damage. If you want to make these numbers go away simply add (if you don't already have this option) "visible" "0" to that section.

It should look like this:

{
"text_x" "0"
"text_y" "0"
"delta_item_end_y" "0"
"delta_lifetime" "2.0"
"visible" "0"
}
[/quote][/spoiler]

In order to place the damage under your crosshair you must change the x and y values of "DamageAccountValue" (if you have "DamageAccountValueShadow" be sure too move that was well

This is what mine looks like but yours will obviously differ slightly by hud:
[spoiler][quote] "DamageAccountValue"
{
"ControlName" "CExLabel"
"fieldName" "DamageAccountValue"
"xpos" "c-40"
"ypos" "r200"
"zpos" "2"
"wide" "74"
"tall" "32"
"visible" "1"
"enabled" "1"
"labelText" "%metal%"
"delta_lifetime" "10.0"
"textAlignment" "center"
"fgcolor" "0 255 0 255"
"font" "Garm3nFontBiggest"
}
[/quote][/spoiler]

9 Frags +

damage dealt on scoreboard, a & d to navigate backpack pages, and last damage dealt should be standard features of every hud IMO, but there's a lot of huds that don't use it yet

damage dealt on scoreboard, a & d to navigate backpack pages, and last damage dealt should be standard features of every hud IMO, but there's a lot of huds that don't use it yet
1 Frags +
Knuckles_enigmaMightyPersonally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair.have a link to a hud with this feature?

Show Content
"CDamageAccountPanel"
{
"text_x" "0"
"text_y" "0"
"delta_item_end_y" "0"
"delta_lifetime" "2.0"
}

Or something similar. This section defined by "CDamageAccountPanel" is what shows up above the player when you hit them for damage. If you want to make these numbers go away simply change the "delta_item_font" to any font color with a 0 for the alpha value (ex. 0 255 0 0)

Okay I was wrong... Trying to figure it out. Thought I had done this in the past

How do you get the damage to show up below your crosshair if you disable the floating numbers?

[quote=Knuckles_][quote=enigma][quote=Mighty]Personally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair.[/quote]

{
"text_x" "0"
"text_y" "0"
"delta_item_end_y" "0"
"delta_lifetime" "2.0"
}
[/quote][/spoiler]

Or something similar. This section defined by "CDamageAccountPanel" is what shows up above the player when you hit them for damage. If you want to make these numbers go away simply change the "delta_item_font" to any font color with a 0 for the alpha value (ex. 0 255 0 [b]0[/b])

Okay I was wrong... Trying to figure it out. Thought I had done this in the past

edit: fixed what I was wrong about[/quote]

How do you get the damage to show up below your crosshair if you disable the floating numbers?
1 Frags +
MaxillawsKnuckles_enigmaMightyPersonally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair.have a link to a hud with this feature?

Show Content
"CDamageAccountPanel"
{
"text_x" "0"
"text_y" "0"
"delta_item_end_y" "0"
"delta_lifetime" "2.0"
}

Or something similar. This section defined by "CDamageAccountPanel" is what shows up above the player when you hit them for damage. If you want to make these numbers go away simply change the "delta_item_font" to any font color with a 0 for the alpha value (ex. 0 255 0 0)

Added to my post

[quote=Maxillaws][quote=Knuckles_][quote=enigma][quote=Mighty]Personally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair.[/quote]

{
"text_x" "0"
"text_y" "0"
"delta_item_end_y" "0"
"delta_lifetime" "2.0"
}
[/quote][/spoiler]

Or something similar. This section defined by "CDamageAccountPanel" is what shows up above the player when you hit them for damage. If you want to make these numbers go away simply change the "delta_item_font" to any font color with a 0 for the alpha value (ex. 0 255 0 [b]0[/b])

How do you get the damage to show up below your crosshair if you disable the floating numbers?[/quote]

Added to my post
2 Frags +
enigmaMightyPersonally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair.have a link to a hud with this feature?collycatenigmaMightyPersonally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair.have a link to a hud with this feature?p sure its in bwhudd_bgood damage numbersMaxillawsKnuckles_enigmaMightyPersonally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair.have a link to a hud with this feature?

Show Content
"CDamageAccountPanel"
{
"text_x" "0"
"text_y" "0"
"delta_item_end_y" "0"
"delta_lifetime" "2.0"
}

The closest is BWHud, but it hasn't disabled floating damage numbers. You disable it in the file, not the HUD. There's a specific way to do it I asked about in another thread. Here's my HudDamageAccount.res, just adjust the font/font sizes/colors to your liking:

http://pastebin.com/RFh7Sa9C

The damage numbers are basically impossible to miss since they're at the center of your screen. This works really well with a simple Dot crosshair. I originally thought this would be a bit intrusive, but to my absolute surprise, it's even less intrusive than normal Floating Dmg Numbers since they're not all over the f**king place like they usually are.

[quote=collycat][quote=enigma][quote=Mighty]Personally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair.[/quote]
p sure its in bwhud[/quote]

[quote=d_b]good damage numbers[/quote]

[quote=Maxillaws][quote=Knuckles_][quote=enigma][quote=Mighty]Personally, I think an amazing element is having no floating damage numbers, and the hud's damage numbers positioned right below the crosshair.[/quote]

{
"text_x" "0"
"text_y" "0"
"delta_item_end_y" "0"
"delta_lifetime" "2.0"
}
[/quote][/spoiler]

How do you get the damage to show up below your crosshair if you disable the floating numbers?[/quote]

The closest is BWHud, but it hasn't disabled floating damage numbers. You disable it in the file, not the HUD. There's a specific way to do it I asked about in another thread. Here's my HudDamageAccount.res, just adjust the font/font sizes/colors to your liking:

The damage numbers are basically impossible to miss since they're at the center of your screen. This works really well with a simple Dot crosshair. I originally thought this would be a bit intrusive, but to my absolute surprise, it's even less intrusive than normal Floating Dmg Numbers since they're not all over the f**king place like they usually are.
0 Frags +
MightyThe closest is BWHud, but it hasn't disabled floating damage numbers. You disable it in the file, not the HUD. There's a specific way to do it I asked about in another thread. Here's my HudDamageAccount.res, just adjust the font/font sizes to your liking:

adding "visible" "0" is 10x easier than what I was doing. Haha was kinda learning by trial and error. Will fix my post for the 7th time

[quote=Mighty]
The closest is BWHud, but it hasn't disabled floating damage numbers. You disable it in the file, not the HUD. There's a specific way to do it I asked about in another thread. Here's my HudDamageAccount.res, just adjust the font/font sizes to your liking:

http://pastebin.com/RFh7Sa9C[/quote]

adding "visible" "0" is 10x easier than what I was doing. Haha was kinda learning by trial and error. Will fix my post for the 7th time
-1 Frags +
Knuckles_MightyThe closest is BWHud, but it hasn't disabled floating damage numbers. You disable it in the file, not the HUD. There's a specific way to do it I asked about in another thread. Here's my HudDamageAccount.res, just adjust the font/font sizes to your liking:

adding "visible" "0" is 10x easier than what I was doing. Haha was kinda learning by trial and error. Will fix my post

"delta_item_font" ""
"delta_item_font_big" ""

Don't put a name/value in those two commands, this is under "CDamageAccountPanel" in HudDamageAccount.res
All you have to do then is position the Damage number and the shadow if you have one, and you're good.

[quote=Knuckles_][quote=Mighty]
The closest is BWHud, but it hasn't disabled floating damage numbers. You disable it in the file, not the HUD. There's a specific way to do it I asked about in another thread. Here's my HudDamageAccount.res, just adjust the font/font sizes to your liking:

http://pastebin.com/RFh7Sa9C[/quote]

adding "visible" "0" is 10x easier than what I was doing. Haha was kinda learning by trial and error. Will fix my post[/quote]

"delta_item_font" ""
"delta_item_font_big" ""

Don't put a name/value in those two commands, this is under "CDamageAccountPanel" in HudDamageAccount.res
All you have to do then is position the Damage number and the shadow if you have one, and you're good.
0 Frags +

Alright, what do you think of the Positioning of the Death Notice? I tried to change it up a bit and put it under the health.

http://i.imgur.com/xsobJZZ.jpg

also, does anybody know how to move the Chargin' Targe Meter? I can't seem to find the entry for the positioning.

Alright, what do you think of the Positioning of the Death Notice? I tried to change it up a bit and put it under the health.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/xsobJZZ.jpg[/img]
also, does anybody know how to move the Chargin' Targe Meter? I can't seem to find the entry for the positioning.
2 Frags +

i feel like that looks like a very awkward spot to put it, even more if people use long names or a lot of things happen

i feel like that looks like a very awkward spot to put it, even more if people use long names or a lot of things happen
0 Frags +
Foxi feel like that looks like a very awkward spot to put it, even more if people use long names or a lot of things happen

To be honest, I kind of agree. Is there any way to center the text/shapes in it so its always on the center of my Health? I feel like it would look worlds better, especially since I have the Health text centered.

[quote=Fox]i feel like that looks like a very awkward spot to put it, even more if people use long names or a lot of things happen[/quote]
To be honest, I kind of agree. Is there any way to center the text/shapes in it so its always on the center of my Health? I feel like it would look worlds better, especially since I have the Health text centered.
4 Frags +

medic ubercharge timer? imo its p useful when you want to know which team has the advantage but unfortunately not a lot of huds support it.

medic ubercharge timer? imo its p useful when you want to know which team has the advantage but unfortunately not a lot of huds support it.
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.