The main goal of making this HUD was implementing the customization system I've put into the it, allowing for simple, but normally time-consuming edits to be done fairly quickly. I also sort of tried to make it look good and feel good to use.
Inside resource/customization is a set of files that can be changed and reloaded in-game (besides the colors).
I have some more in-depth explanations in the files themselves, but I made an album of screenshots to demonstrate the file spacer.res in particular.
Another benefit is that I'm extremely unlikely to change how these files work, so updating the HUD should be as simple as re-downloading and dropping your own customizations folder in to replace the defaults.
It should also make sharing edits really easy.
- INSTALL THE FONTS IN resource/fonts PLEASE
- specifically designed for 6s (compatible w/ hl + pubs)
- HUD should be compatible with dxlevel 8 or 9 and I believe I've done enough to make it compatible with different aspect ratios
- specifically meant to be used with English text, some things won't look right without it
- some game modes haven't been properly retouched (I'll try to work on those soon)
Inspiration taken from various sources.
Huge shoutout to colly for the white killfeed icons and bouncing ideas back and forth with me.
Specific thanks to omni, Nokk, and wiet for various other forms of help.