Wait wait, I know theres another thread in which people just yelled at the poster to research the tech himself. Let me just say, I've spent quite a bit of my time doing just that. The majority of youtube's "best budget laptops for students" are full of non budget laptops (aka, over 1k USD) or clearly sponsored tech "geniuses" that did little to no beforehand research - both cases being heavily blasted in the comment sections. Googling the same brings up several tech websites, many of which were again sponsored to say the best possible things about each laptop and downplay any cons creating a confusing jumbled mess of why the Macbook Pro is worse than an Asus Chromebook.
What I'm looking for in this thread:
- truthful experiences from a close knit and tech-savvy community pertaining to literally any laptop under the sun
- please note: I did ask a couple young gentlemen that played Overwatch/PUBG/COD but they called me a racial slur and I left it at that
What I'm looking for in a laptop:
- under 600 USD would be desirable unless posts made clearly point to committing to around 1k
- something primarily for school (and I take a lot of coding-heavy classes if that helps)
- I also like messing around with music and video editing
- I would almost definitely look to install TF2 on my laptop
- insertable into standard sized backpacks
- decent speeds but by all means, if something is $200 and runs faster than an $800...
What I really dont care about:
- looks, backlit keyboards, resolution, two-in-one
tldr: LF best possible power for dollar, need for school, need real life/relatable experiences rather than sponsored bs