Tf2 is and always will be a niche game in terms of competitive e-sports. The only way I think we can grow the scene is more weekend tournaments, Most players don't have the time to put into a full season worth of scrims and matches and would probably be more open to a short 2 day tournament. I would love to fund and run tournaments but I have several important questions.
1. What should the prize pool be to attract top level players and teams?
2. Should it be an open bracket/ or should we divide invite and the rest into two separate brackets with two separate prize pools?
3. What should the ruleset be?
4. How can I get volunteers to run camera work in STV do commentary and moderate the bracket and players?
5. I want players to pay in order to enter the tournament (in order to increase prize pool) how can I set up the payment system and how do I make it transparent to players?
Open to any and all criticism's maybe get players to assist me in this collaboration. I played a lot of super smash bros melee tournaments before covid and they were run in down to earth places completely independent of major organizations, I would like to emulate that for tf2.
Anyone serious about helping me out my discord is b0nes#4512