I require a laptop for college. I feel stupid for not buying one before classes started, but it's never too late.
I have like 1500$ as a budget. I'm not going to cheap out on a college laptop. I kinda need that. I'd like to keep school/work and games separate.
I have absolutely no clue how laptops work nor do I have any prior knowledge of laptops in general. Don't know how expensive they get, how convenient they get, etc. All I know is I need one for college. I have the budget, but not the knowledge.
What I'd like:
- No macs cause fuck them
- Good enough build and specs so I don't have to repeat that seventh grade disaster where I had to bring a cooling pad with my old laptop
- Like it to not be able to run games like TF2 but still be good enough to work properly with it
- Prebuilt cause I am not a PC wizard (is it even possible to build your own laptop from parts???)
- Lots and lots of room for lots and lots of data
- A brand I can get in Canada
If having a powerful laptop that can't run games isn't possible, then forget that entire part. I'll just use willpower and not play games on it.
I apologize if I sound retarded. I have zero experience with laptops.