Any criticism is welcome:
To server owners/renters: make a lobby so that people can join! you can make Ultiduo lobbies so you don't have to wait as long. I'll be back to make lobbies myself and get this thing going.
To TFTV mods, I'm not sure if something like this belongs here, sorry if not.
I slapped a lobby system together over the course of last month in my free time, it is VERY bare bones, no art no style but it works. Consider it a pre-Alpha.
I just really want someone who's not me to test it. tell me what you think here, constructive or not.
I'm not aiming for this to be even remotely big, it was just an exercise to see if I could do this in a few weekends after the last time tf2lobby went down, but it'd be nice if it was useful at all to the community.
Wrote almost everything from scratch, so odds are you'll run into bugs because of my poor coding.
- Includes 6v6, 9v9 and Ultiduo as default formats, freedom to create your own and create a lobby with a custom format, just make sure the class limits actually fit. RED and BLU don't even need to be the same size.
- People who are reported as missing instantly get banned for 15 minutes (or 15 days? I don't remember what I set the multiplier to but it's there).
- Admins actually get reports and are able to ban people from the lobby system for up to a few Hubble times, which is a pretty long time. Trust me, when I log in there's an empty report list in my face, which I can philter and act upon. I've reported and banned myself and an alt, so I'm pretty sure it works.
- Lobbies are not showing up in the lobby list right away, a page refresh of the lobby list fixes this, do not refresh the lobby creation page.
Plans (things that suck right now):
- When you create a lobby and give your server info, press the "Send" button once or you'll run the risk of banning my bot from your server and be unable to create lobbies unless you remove the auroralights.net ip from your server banlist. I want to make a progress bar or something for the impatient.
- Implement an automated ban system that is deeper than the one that is currently there (banning longer for missing more lobbies and stuff).
- Make it look less like dirt (icons, colors and stuff).
- Make instructions, because who the hell knows if it's intuitive.
Things that are impossible:
- I really wish I could implement a whitelist remotely, but the Steam API does not allow this as far as I've been able to figure out, it would be beautiful.
- FLOORMASTER for having the idea and doing it before anyone in the first place.
- .al for putting up with me just being able to talk about coding for days on end.
- Koractor, who wrote SteamCondenser, he's a cool dude.
TL,DR: Lobby here, say what sucks about it.