I'm sorry for making this thread since there is so many of them already. I read all the potential fixes but nothing worked. My game is capped at 60 fps with spikes into the hundreds every 2 seconds or so. This happend after I got the Windows Creators update.
I have tried the following:
- Removed XBOX GameDVR
- Checked if VSYNC is off
- Checked if GSYNC is off
- Removed my configs and started the game with -autoconfig in the launch options
- Reinstalled TF2 entirely
- Checked for fps_max and host_framerate
- Installed the most recent Graphics Driver
- Launched TF2 as admin
- Launched TF2 in compatibility mode Windows XP
- Monitor is running at 144hz
- Intel Core i7-7800X CPU
- ZOTAC 1080ti GPU
- asus rog swift pg278q Monitor
The game runs fine in windowed mode. But it looks dumb because my Windows and Monitor res is 2560x1440 while my ingame res is 1920x1080. So borderless windowed does not work like that in TF2 as far as i know. Also same problem if i put my Windows res on 1920x1080.
The same problem goes for CS:GO but not games like PUBG.
I had the same problem when I got this computer and monitor three months ago and I got it to work somehow after just constantly trying the same stuff which was reinstalling configs and such. Now I am less lucky.
Please help, thank you!