holy wow this campaign is so fucking bad, i feel like im missing an inside joke at microsoft or something.
1. audio is broken. plasma pistol in particular; if you fire multiple shots in a row it'll start making the "full charge" noise for like 3 seconds. several weapons have some variation of this bug. also the audio balancing is terrible, with some lines being almost too quiet to hear, and others being meme-level earrape. also im pretty sure they replaced some sounds? plasma rifle and sniper in particular sound different than i remember, dont really have a kick to them anymore. why would you change these.
2. camera. shake. everywhere. holy god just firing the assault rifle is giving me a headache. even when youre driving the warthog and the braindead ai is firing the gun the camera has a little seizure.
3. audio bad
4. new graphics, while higher poly count, seem like a downgrade. these are parts where the lip syncing is like watching a badly dubbed foreign film. lots of weirdly annoying things too, like the doors in the truth and reconciliation dont flash when they open. also the flashlight bounces everywhere, really useless. super inconsistent framerate, and i dont think it's my pc, it's just something the game does, since it's particularly bad during cutscenes. fps is great during big firefights though lol
5. audio. so. bad.
6. jackal shield hitboxes aren't lined up correctly. this was not a problem in reach. also i could pause during cutscenes in reach, why cant i do so here?
7. im like an hour in and i actually have to quit this game because of the audio, holy shit i have a headache now
why the fuck did i pay $10 for this instead of just replaying my pirated halo ce that works perfectly from like 5 years ago? is this supposed to be a beta version of the game still? they havent done anything whatsoever to fix the issues of the old game, i dont understand what was so complicated about copy/pasting the new coat of paint they gave the game on the xbox years ago over to pc
also i just found a really surreal little cutscene in the truth and reconciliation: get to the bridge and hit e on the flashing red panel and you get this insanely awkward fanfic-tier cutscene of 343 talking to... i think it's a convenant ai? it's totally out of the blue and you can just activate it in the middle of combat, no context, its really really strange