Long time no update. I's been over two years since I started this website, and almost a year since the last update, so I figure a post is long overdue. I've been doing mostly incremental changes over the past year. Similar to last time, a lot of stuff is on the backend
- In general, performance should be better. We now keep track of when the backing data for a page changes and only regenerate it when we have to. The header for each player is cached in memcached. More data is denormalized so we don't have to do as many joins. And a lot of queries were rewritten to work aroung postgres's query planner. The overview page in particular has been getting a lot of
- A lot of bugs got quashed. The site should now crash less often and be more robust when things fail.
- There are now some basic tests, mostly for the various fetchers. There are also some smoke tests which try to access every page on the site. Much better than pushing directly to prod.
- We now have backups(!)
In addition, there have also been some feature updates
- You can now sort almost every table on the site.
- Logs are now linked to their demos on demos.tf. I'm hoping to use the same techniques to link to ETF2L and RGL match pages.
- There is now a maps page where you can view your stats broken down by map.
- The "averages" table on the overview has been moved to the totals page. It's been replaced with format stats.
- Duplicates are now used to ignore later logs rather than earlier ones. This should increase the accuracy by exluding most combined logs.
Once again, please send me any bugs or suggestions you have either on Discord, Steam, or as a reply in this thread.