Upvote Upvoted 18 Downvote Downvoted
Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones $99
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

Adorama has Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Headphones w/ Detachable Cable (Black or White) for $99. Shipping is free.

Saw this on slickdeals. This is a very good deal and the lowest these headphones have ever been. Normally they are about $150. The previous low for just the headphones was $110 after a $20 rebate. So this is a much better deal at $99 with no rebate.

Great headphones. I use them and recommend them!

[url=http://www.adorama.com/ATATHM50X.html?emailprice=t&utm_term=31HREwQwzUv5XQrRdd2seVppUkXxYtwRp1%253an0k0&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=rflaid62905&cvosrc=affiliate.62905&mode=fed]Adorama[/url] has Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Headphones w/ Detachable Cable (Black or White) for $99. Shipping is free.

Saw this on [url=http://slickdeals.net/f/7958079-audio-technica-ath-m50x-professional-monitor-headphones-99-free-shipping]slickdeals[/url]. This is a very good deal and the lowest these headphones have ever been. Normally they are about $150. The previous low for just the headphones was $110 after a $20 rebate. So this is a much better deal at $99 with no rebate.

Great headphones. I use them and recommend them!
RGL.gg
0 Frags +

Dang i just bought a new headset :/

Dang i just bought a new headset :/
4 Frags +

For that price that is without a doubt the best pair of closed headphones.

For that price that is without a doubt the best pair of closed headphones.
3 Frags +

Very bass FYI, if you want something more flat you will want to look for something like hd280s

Very bass FYI, if you want something more flat you will want to look for something like hd280s
-2 Frags +
AndKennethVery bass FYI, if you want something more flat you will want to look for something like hd280s

I don't think they are overly bassy. You can always tweak your sound cards EQ to get a sound profile you like better.

I use the ATH-M50x + a zalman clip on mic. :)

[quote=AndKenneth]Very bass FYI, if you want something more flat you will want to look for something like hd280s[/quote]

I don't think they are overly bassy. You can always tweak your sound cards EQ to get a sound profile you like better.

I use the ATH-M50x + a zalman clip on mic. :)
1 Frags +

well it is always the lesser preferred option to get 'bassy' hardware and use software to EQ,
but $99 + EQ might just have the better price-to-quality ratio than getting flat(ter) headphones.

that said, pretty much a steal at 99 imo.
they were ~$190 in the netherlands last time i checked

they have a sweet sound, just google some reviews. good deal!

well it is always the lesser preferred option to get 'bassy' hardware and use software to EQ,
but $99 + EQ might just have the better price-to-quality ratio than getting flat(ter) headphones.

that said, pretty much a steal at 99 imo.
they were ~$190 in the netherlands last time i checked

they have a sweet sound, just google some reviews. good deal!
1 Frags +

I try to buy it and I get:

"Please provide a valid government credit card number"

I'm using a Visa...

edit: Nvm, works after about 20 tries.

I try to buy it and I get:

"Please provide a valid government credit card number"

I'm using a Visa...

edit: Nvm, works after about 20 tries.
2 Frags +

Using software EQ can cause phase issues when listening to music.

That being said this is a good deal for a decent pair of headphones.

Using software EQ can cause phase issues when listening to music.

0 Frags +

what's the difference between the normal m50s and the X version? Currently have the normal pair so just wondering.

what's the difference between the normal m50s and the X version? Currently have the normal pair so just wondering.
1 Frags +
joejoe347what's the difference between the normal m50s and the X version? Currently have the normal pair so just wondering.

"Almost identical to the ATH-M50 model, they have improved padding on the earcups and a new detachable-cord design."

http://www.cnet.com/products/audio-technica-ath-m50x/

[quote=joejoe347]what's the difference between the normal m50s and the X version? Currently have the normal pair so just wondering.[/quote]

"Almost identical to the ATH-M50 model, they have improved padding on the earcups and a new detachable-cord design."

http://www.cnet.com/products/audio-technica-ath-m50x/
0 Frags +

How does this compare with the Sennheiser HD 558? It's only $10 more on Amazon, so price isn't really a concern here.

Looking into over-the head headphones again because I'm tired of accidentally swatting my in-ear ones out of my ears and having to search for one or both of the tips at least once every week. Also it would probably be better if my Modmic was actually near my mouth again.

How does this compare with the Sennheiser HD 558? It's only $10 more on Amazon, so price isn't really a concern here.

Looking into over-the head headphones again because I'm tired of accidentally swatting my in-ear ones out of my ears and having to search for one or both of the tips at least once every week. Also it would probably be better if my Modmic was actually near my mouth again.
0 Frags +
TurinUsing software EQ can cause phase issues when listening to music.

I've heard this around before, but I never understood why a digital EQ would cause phase issues, assuming that the issue here is not the delay of output, but rather the variance of phase with frequency - affecting the frequency response of an equalizer. Analogue eq can cause some "phase issues" due to the rc relationship of the filters, but this is insignificant with good design. DSP-based filters should have even less of these issues so long as the sampling frequency is high enough.

[quote=Turin]Using software EQ can cause phase issues when listening to music.

That being said this is a good deal for a decent pair of headphones.[/quote]

I've heard this around before, but I never understood why a digital EQ would cause phase issues, assuming that the issue here is not the delay of output, but rather the variance of phase with frequency - affecting the frequency response of an equalizer. Analogue eq can cause some "phase issues" due to the rc relationship of the filters, but this is insignificant with good design. DSP-based filters should have even less of these issues so long as the sampling frequency is high enough.
4 Frags +

I forget the exact physics, but it can be heard when using certain EQ filters (quite a lot of software EQ's suck), but good ones shouldn't cause issues. It has to do with latency, pre-ringing, and linear vs. plugins designed to counteract it.

Probably isn't much of an issue for normal use, but its something I look out for when I mix because it can have issues with drums/ HPFs.

I forget the exact physics, but it can be heard when using certain EQ filters (quite a lot of software EQ's suck), but good ones shouldn't cause issues. It has to do with latency, pre-ringing, and linear vs. plugins designed to counteract it.

Probably isn't much of an issue for normal use, but its something I look out for when I mix because it can have issues with drums/ HPFs.
0 Frags +

$40 shipping to canada, fml

$40 shipping to canada, fml
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.