It's a new TF2 season, ESEA is in its first week, and ozfortress and ETF2L are right around the corner. Many of you are playing, and that's great, and some of you aren't, and that's great too. And regardless, many of you are likely to watch some of the casts that come out on twitch, for many regions, whether it be NA and EU on TFTV, or Australia on TFLIVETV. Some of you may sit there thinking:
- I'm bored just watching and listening
- Man casters are cool, I wish I could do that
- This Dreamboat guy sucks, I bet even I could do better than him!!!
And guess what? That's awesome! (Except for the sucks part :( ). If you thought any of those points, or anything similar, it might be time to try casting, here's how:
- Go to the ESEA,schedule (click here) and download an STV.
- Download a recording software, OBS studio, for example, is free.
- Launch tftv, and play the demo you downloaded,
- Record the gameplay with OBS, and cast over it. Doesn't matter if your first or third person, doesn't matter if your camera work sucks, just focus on casting.
- Upload the recording to youtube. Doesn't need to be edited, doesn't need to be fancy, doesn't even need to be public.
- Congrats you're a caster! Now what?
Well, there's a few options, but that's why I'm posting this thread.
There's the Youtube route (aka the Cornpop route), repeat steps 1-6 58 times until TFTV notices how good you have become and then start casting for them. (Fact, even without feedback, the more you cast the better you'll get)
There's the twitch route, pretty much the same as the youtube route but instead of just recording in uploading, you stream random esea games and upload them to youtube (get them live views and upload views)
And finally, the Dreamboat lends a hand route. Basically, TFLIVE is always looking for talent, so I've opened my DMs, send me a youtube video of you casting, and if you want it, i'll offer my input on what you can do to be better, as well as I'll pass it (and your twitter account) on to TFLIVEs staff. What you gain from this method:
- Input (if you want it) on how to improve your casting by someone who has casted at 3 TF2 LANs and numerous online games
- Exposure, you get your name into the minds of the TFLIVE talent team as someone to either keep tabs on, or get on board.
Casting is honestly one of the most enjoyable things I've discovered, and you might love it too. Who knows, if you're capable and willing to learn, maybe we'll even cast together this season?
Here's my twitter so you can send me DMs: