User benchmark with specs: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21548395 (TF2 is installed on the SSD)
I have been searching around the internet forever to try and find a fix for the framerate on this stupid game. I've got more than capable hardware, as I can run CSGO, L4D2, HL2 at comfortable frames.
No matter what I've tried, I always get the same experience; A solid 150-ish fps while not in battle and constant drops to as low as 30 in high intensity firefights in pubs and especially in community servers.
- I've tried every single config on CFG.TF; either Comanglia's Cinema config, or the old mastercomfig maxperformance, there is 0 difference (except for Cinema running a lot better than the low end configs)
- I've tried all of the new mastercomfig presets and the client application, still no difference
- None of the launch options i've tried have made a noticeable difference (-threads, -high, etc)
- The force_vendor_id/force_device_id trick doesn't work, both as the spoofed GTX 680 and the currently used graphics card
- Changing the ingame settings doesn't make a difference, as the highest settings perform the best
- Using DX80/81 yields minimally better performance but still suffers the 30/45fps mid fight drops, and all the DX90+ settings don't have a noticeable difference performance wise
- Turning off core 0 and setting the game to 7 threads (8 total) makes no difference
- No hats mod didn't change anything
- The -autoconfig -default trick only solidified that the graphics configs made no difference
- Running Steam as administrator after restarting computer doesn't make a difference
- I've completely reinstalled the game 6 times, reinstalled steam twice, and verified game files more times than I can count
- All power options are set to max performance
- Cool'N'Quiet in the BIOS is off, no difference
-I've updated every driver I can
Among many other minor tweaks that have made absolutely no difference.
My CPU usage never goes past 44% ish and GPU averages about 55% with tiny jumps to 70%. Even with maxed out graphics, temps are fine.
I am at my wit's end here. Can anyone help??