1. We've made it very clear that this tournament was primarily intended for North American players. As mentioned higher up in this thread itself, we specifically brought up the ping issues, and said how V!s may be at a disadvantage if they were to participate. They joined despite this.
2. The Grand Finals were always scheduled to take place at 8:00 PM Eastern. The schedule was made available the day the cup was announced. We expect for any and all teams, no matter their region, to be available at the scheduled times.
3. To forfeit a grand final match because the team you're facing is known to win, is not a valid reason to forfeit a match. By doing so, you're disrespecting your opponent, the league that's supposed to provide casting, and in general, just wasting everybody's time. Now, if the match was heavily delayed, and the players were unable to play the match due to this delay, then a forfeit or even a reschedule attempt will be justified. However, this is not what happened.
4. In regards to casting. We were live when V!s decided to forfeit the grand finals. He provided zero communication with any of our league administrators. The only reason we knew that he had forfeited his match, was because one of our casters noticed him say so via in-game chat. When we tried to reach out to him, both V!s and Syncing were offline, and unreachable.
5. It is not very sporting to refuse to play a grand final match simply because you're afraid of your opponent. Even more so when you don't even notify the relevant parties, and just leave them hanging with zero communication. What V!s demonstrated tonight was very unsportsmanlike behavior, and cannot be justified in any way, shape, or form, as proper competitive sportsmanship. It's in very poor taste to not show up for a scheduled event, and blame it on "them being better".
It's better to play and lose, than to not play at all.
I'm going to write up an official statement later, and also mention our stance as a league, and why we ruled in the way that we did. I'm also going to modify our rules to make them more clearcut and concise in regards to forfeiting a grand final match. The updated ruleset will be used and enforced for all future cups, tournaments, seasons, and league events.
The final ranking for the ultiduo cup is as follows.
1st. Primary (daffodil, delpo)
2nd. End Game (b4nny, nursey)
3rd. Memes For The Win (v!s, syncing)