As AsiaFortress Cup 17 approaches its final week of the season, the league presents their first very own rendition of a summer cup tournament: the AsiaFortress Summer Skirmish. The tournament will span across an entire weekend and commence this month on the 19th and 20th of June.
Graphics by TMosura
While the rules may be slightly changed over the following week, these are the current details we have:
- Tournament matches will be played from 8pm GMT+8 to 10pm GMT+8.
- Teams will compete in a series of 4 best-of-one matches on Saturday the 19th of June.
- Each match will be a single map, played to 30 minutes, or score difference of 5, whichever comes first.
- No ties. In the event that scores are tied after 30 minutes, a Golden Cap round will be played.
- If the Golden Cap round does not end within 10 minutes, the team that has control of the middle point will be considered the winner of the map.
- The top 4 teams will advance to a best-of-3 single elimination bracket playoffs on Sunday the 20th of June.
- Teams must show up to matches no more than 10 minutes after their last match, at which point the AsiaFortress Administrators have the right to disqualify them from the tournament.
The map pool for AsiaFortress Summer Skirmish is:
- Metalworks (cp_metalworks)
- Process (cp_process_f7)
- Reckoner (cp_reckoner_rc6)
- Sunshine (cp_sunshine)
- Product (koth_product_rcx)
Similar to AsiaFortress Cup, the AsiaFortress Summer Skirmish will be conducted through the match.tf tournament platform. Signups are now open until Friday the 18th of June at 20:00 GMT+8. You can check out the AsiaFortress website for the original announcement, and join their Discord for future updates.