Hey guys. So Reflecto, Faust, Cornpop, +1 and I thought it would be a good idea to make a HUD Creation Competition. There are currently a lot of cool HUD's already made we just think we can add more to the community with some of the talent all of you guys have. We all decided to throw $100 in the mix to make it a bit more appealing for everyone to try a new HUD. Here are some of the rules to follow before you get started.
1. The HUD you make must be made from scratch, no copying already made HUD's although you may use them as a template.
2. All HUD's MUST be submitted to this thread with the name and the download like to the HUD. The deadline for this event will be (June) 06/10/18 anything sent AFTER (June) 06/10/18 11:59pm EST will be disregarded in the picking process for the cash prize. You may upload HUD's starting today.
3. You may only submit ONE HUD. So make sure its perfect when you send it.
Here is a video from raysfire who is a expert HUD god master: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JkF5lPvXk0&list=PL5eNrB8RrXXuV3P1nv6NnwF-tCL_KnJIs
Also, this is just a test to see what people are capable of doing in the HUD making field. If this goes well we would love to do one in a few months :D. Any questions just reply in this thread.
Also here is a check list for features in the HUD that we recommend you add: (thanks to Wiethoofd)
- Medic Charges
- Charge bars/Hud Counters
- Timers/Objective Indicators
- Engineer building status
- Build/Destroy Menus
- Spy Disguise Menu
- Disguise status
- MatchStatus Players in casual/tournament hud (tf_use_match_hud 1)
- Tournament Support (player panels/readying up)
- Game modes which must be supported:
> Control Point (KotH / 5CP / Attack/Defense)
> Payload (Race)
> Capture the Flag
> Mann vs. Machines
> Mann Power
> Robot Destruction
> Player Destruction
> Halloween maps with spells