I have a whole bunch of updates and news to share with you all, so I'll do my best to be short and concise:
1. Thanks to ETF2L releasing their s29 schedule I have moved the submission deadline to March 16th.
2. I have created a steam group with the goal of testing out the submitted maps and provide feedback: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BeaterMapTestGroup . I'm going to try my best to stream these games.
3. The prize pool keeps growing! SVMZI of SVIFT-gaming have added a SVIFT hoodie to the first prize, and Mysterious benefactor Najesu has also promised to throw a bunch of money into the prize pool (we're still working out the specifics, so this isn't official yet). I'd also like to thank the surprisingly large amount of people who have contacted me offering to help out either through donating items, designing medals and so on. I've mostly turned these offers down since I didn't feel I could control them well enough, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the offers!
4. I made a youtube trailer for the contest. There's no new information in the video, but you get to see some neat overviews of the maps, and of course a few frags have been thrown in for good measure as well:
5. Essentials.tf keen on doing some more streams where we showcase the maps that have been submitted so far. The first stream we played all the maps briefly, but for the next event I'm looking for two teams (high or prem, or the American equivalent) willing to play two 30 minute maps against each other. Hopefully this will provide a more serious test of the maps, and you'd only have to give up half a night of scrims to participate. Contact me on steam, or just message me here if your team is interested in participating.
That's it for now.