Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Combine Huds
posted in Customization
0 Frags +

I am currently running Purister's custom version of Hudas Iscariote, which can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BadTeamTheatre/discussions/0/613958868360618922/
Now that I play medic far more than spy, I want a hud that fits better, such a SlinFire. While SlinFire looks great, it's missing some things that I love in Hudas Iscariote, such as the killstreak counter and, one of the things special in the custom version, the image of your character. Does anybody know how I could install SlinFire yet carry over the killstreak counter and the character image?

I am currently running Purister's custom version of Hudas Iscariote, which can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BadTeamTheatre/discussions/0/613958868360618922/
Now that I play medic far more than spy, I want a hud that fits better, such a SlinFire. While SlinFire looks great, it's missing some things that I love in Hudas Iscariote, such as the killstreak counter and, one of the things special in the custom version, the image of your character. Does anybody know how I could install SlinFire yet carry over the killstreak counter and the character image?
0 Frags +

for the character image, copy hudplayerclass.res from resource/ui of hudas, and paste it to resource/ui of slinfire, and for the killstreak, you need to add colors, fonts and everything to clientscheme, and that's a bit of work

for the character image, copy hudplayerclass.res from resource/ui of hudas, and paste it to resource/ui of slinfire, and for the killstreak, you need to add colors, fonts and everything to clientscheme, and that's a bit of work
0 Frags +

Another issue I'm having with this hud is that my resolution is 1280x1024. The only thing that appears to be off screen is the chat, but that's very important in this game. Do you know how to move that back?

Another issue I'm having with this hud is that my resolution is 1280x1024. The only thing that appears to be off screen is the chat, but that's very important in this game. Do you know how to move that back?
0 Frags +
RashariAnother issue I'm having with this hud is that my resolution is 1280x1024. The only thing that appears to be off screen is the chat, but that's very important in this game. Do you know how to move that back?

Go and edit resource\ui\BaseChat.res, adjust "xpos" and "ypos" values under HudChat. If you change them both to value 0, then your chat will appear at top left.

[quote=Rashari]Another issue I'm having with this hud is that my resolution is 1280x1024. The only thing that appears to be off screen is the chat, but that's very important in this game. Do you know how to move that back?[/quote]

Go and edit resource\ui\BaseChat.res, adjust "xpos" and "ypos" values under HudChat. If you change them both to value 0, then your chat will appear at top left.
0 Frags +

What would I type in to make the chat in the top right? With SlinFire there's a lot in the top left.

What would I type in to make the chat in the top right? With SlinFire there's a lot in the top left.
0 Frags +
RashariWhat would I type in to make the chat in the top right? With SlinFire there's a lot in the top left.

You'd adjust the xpos to move the element horizontally. iirc you can actually do negatives to start at the right side of the screen, so you might be able to do -0 or -1 to make it be in the top right. Otherwise just make it a big number and then adjust it gradually until it's where you want it.

[quote=Rashari]What would I type in to make the chat in the top right? With SlinFire there's a lot in the top left.[/quote]

You'd adjust the xpos to move the element horizontally. iirc you can actually do negatives to start at the right side of the screen, so you might be able to do -0 or -1 to make it be in the top right. Otherwise just make it a big number and then adjust it gradually until it's where you want it.
0 Frags +

Fixed it with random numbers, thanks

Fixed it with random numbers, thanks
0 Frags +

All was going well with this, but last time I joined a server, my character disappeared, and now I can't see myself in the corner anymore. I have no idea what I can do to fix this. Anybody have a clue?

All was going well with this, but last time I joined a server, my character disappeared, and now I can't see myself in the corner anymore. I have no idea what I can do to fix this. Anybody have a clue?
0 Frags +

I also want to switch out the menu that shows up upon hitting tab, which .res file do I have to change out?

I also want to switch out the menu that shows up upon hitting tab, which .res file do I have to change out?
0 Frags +

Figured out my second question

Figured out my second question
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.