Upvote Upvoted 4 Downvote Downvoted
Logitech G303 problems/questions
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

I just got a logitech G303 (upgraded from a G400). I just started playing with it but have a couple questions / issues.

The main thing is when I'm aiming on say scout for the most part it will be fine but sometimes I feel like the mouse will not register my movement when i go to take a fast shot. I *think* I might know whats happening. I'm used to occasionally raising up my mouse to move it quickly. I'm under the impression that maybe this G303's sensor doesn't register well when raised up 1-2mm off the mouse pad? Does anyone know?

The other thing is I've already bumped the DPI button mid game by accident as well as the side buttons. Can these be completely disabled? I didn't see this option in the logitech software.

Any other suggestions on how I can make this feel and perform similar to the G400?

I just got a logitech G303 (upgraded from a G400). I just started playing with it but have a couple questions / issues.

The main thing is when I'm aiming on say scout for the most part it will be fine but sometimes I feel like the mouse will not register my movement when i go to take a fast shot. I *think* I might know whats happening. I'm used to occasionally raising up my mouse to move it quickly. I'm under the impression that maybe this G303's sensor doesn't register well when raised up 1-2mm off the mouse pad? Does anyone know?

The other thing is I've already bumped the DPI button mid game by accident as well as the side buttons. Can these be completely disabled? I didn't see this option in the logitech software.

Any other suggestions on how I can make this feel and perform similar to the G400?
7 Frags +

the g303 probably has a much lower lift-off distance than the g400, considering the g400's is rather high and I can't even use it because of that

I don't know anything about the second question, but the first is just something you get used to. generally lower lod is preferred as you can pick up your mouse without any undesired movement you're picking it up and placing it back down. that is, if it's just not tracking at all. for example, the zowie mice pride themselves on perfect lift-off distance (very low, very easy to maintain accuracy)

the g303 probably has a much lower lift-off distance than the g400, considering the g400's is rather high and I can't even use it because of that

I don't know anything about the second question, but the first is just something you get used to. generally lower lod is preferred as you can pick up your mouse without any undesired movement you're picking it up and placing it back down. that is, if it's just not tracking at all. for example, the zowie mice pride themselves on perfect lift-off distance (very low, very easy to maintain accuracy)
2 Frags +

To disable the DPI button, you can either go to Pointer Settings and only assign 1 DPI sensitivity level, or you can right-click on the DPI button -> "Use Generic" -> right-click again -> "Unassign"

You might be able to right-click the side buttons to open a drop-down menu and click "Unassign" - I've only had a G100s so I haven't done anything to side buttons in Logitech Gaming Software. GL

To disable the DPI button, you can either go to Pointer Settings and only assign 1 DPI sensitivity level, or you can right-click on the DPI button -> "Use Generic" -> right-click again -> "Unassign"

You might be able to right-click the side buttons to open a drop-down menu and click "Unassign" - I've only had a G100s so I haven't done anything to side buttons in Logitech Gaming Software. GL
2 Frags +

Thanks for the responses clockwork and Jerm. I wasn't sure what the technical term was, but definitely the G303 has half or even less than half the liftoff compared to the G400. So I can pretty much only play without interrupting my aim if I keep the mouse pretty flat. A fast paced movement like an aggressive rocketjump or flick of any kind will make me lift off the mouse beyond the sensors range. I guess I'll just have to play a few days to see if I can adjust to it.

Someone mentioned to me that if I can learn to play without doing much liftoff my tracking will be better more accurate, and I agree that does make sense.

Also Jerm thanks for the DPI tip, I adjusted it to only one DPI setting. I see no need to have that button change DPI's on the fly, as I don't do that, unless maybe I need to photo shop something and need a steady hand, then I can just adjust the DPI through software.

I'll give it another 3 days or so to see if I'm going to stick with this mouse or pitch it.

Thanks for the responses clockwork and Jerm. I wasn't sure what the technical term was, but definitely the G303 has half or even less than half the liftoff compared to the G400. So I can pretty much only play without interrupting my aim if I keep the mouse pretty flat. A fast paced movement like an aggressive rocketjump or flick of any kind will make me lift off the mouse beyond the sensors range. I guess I'll just have to play a few days to see if I can adjust to it.

Someone mentioned to me that if I can learn to play without doing much liftoff my tracking will be better more accurate, and I agree that does make sense.

Also Jerm thanks for the DPI tip, I adjusted it to only one DPI setting. I see no need to have that button change DPI's on the fly, as I don't do that, unless maybe I need to photo shop something and need a steady hand, then I can just adjust the DPI through software.

I'll give it another 3 days or so to see if I'm going to stick with this mouse or pitch it.
1 Frags +

didn't the logitech software have an option to lower/increase LOD for the 303? i seem to remember reading about adjustable LOD..

didn't the logitech software have an option to lower/increase LOD for the 303? i seem to remember reading about adjustable LOD..
1 Frags +
Bucakedidn't the logitech software have an option to lower/increase LOD for the 303? i seem to remember reading about adjustable LOD..

I'm not sure about specifically adjusting LOD (I don't see a setting for that). However it does have mouse pad material setting options, one option is a cloth mousepad, one a hard pad and then the default setting. I did a bit of reading and people just said mostly use the default setting if you are having issues. I also tried cloth setting, but I don't notice any difference.

I'm starting to wonder if anyone had successfully converted themselves over from the G303 to the G400. Very frustrating to play with this mouse so far, I'm not sure if it will be worth it and if I can even adjust to it.... hmmm....

[quote=Bucake]didn't the logitech software have an option to lower/increase LOD for the 303? i seem to remember reading about adjustable LOD..[/quote]

I'm not sure about specifically adjusting LOD (I don't see a setting for that). However it does have mouse pad material setting options, one option is a cloth mousepad, one a hard pad and then the default setting. I did a bit of reading and people just said mostly use the default setting if you are having issues. I also tried cloth setting, but I don't notice any difference.

I'm starting to wonder if anyone had successfully converted themselves over from the G303 to the G400. Very frustrating to play with this mouse so far, I'm not sure if it will be worth it and if I can even adjust to it.... hmmm....
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.