CBTI feel like at this point TF2 needs a dev reset on a new engine. The core gameplay is MOSTLY fine but with all the dumb useless shit haphazardly tacked on the game runs like trash, looks like trash, and has some significant balance issues.
I would love a TF2 dev reset to contain the following.
- A new engine with modern lighting effects, tessellation, the ability to support higher res textures and more items/particle effects without shitting the bed, and modern netcode.
- Embrace the generalist/specialist class design. Stop trying to shoehorn the specialist into being generalist.
- Start from scratch. Only keep iconic items that have a significant impact on gameplay or move there effects to base stats.
- COMPLETE OVERHAUL OR REMOVAL/REPLACEMENT OF THE PYRO CLASS
- Integrate a TF2 lobby-like system into the main menu with free Valve hosted servers
- No more casual matchmaking. This game is niche and the community is it's lifeblood. Replace with game finder with community endorsed pubs/Valve official pubs
- REMOVE POINTLESS RANDOM ELEMENTS FROM THE GAME
I know this is pointless and Valve will never see it but i think we should possibly start preparing for a post-Valve Team Fortress community with a possible Open source unofficial spiritual successor to TF2 if Valve insist on leaving this game to rot.
funhaver1998even if they started that shit it would definetly take them like 6-8 years
Its sad that it would actually take them that long. We know its true. We also know that people in the community could do it themselves without pay because they care for the game that much.