I'm not looking for a constant back and forth so here's what I'll say
DrHappinessIf you were to determine our success through statistics, then we've pretty much matched last year albeit a decrease in average viewership however that has been consistent throughout on-season play as well.
on-season play which matches the ruleset seen on lan (apart from minor details...), so you yourself agree that viewership is declining, you can have 10 more people sign up to your lan, won't change anything and fails to make an impact in comparison to the catastrophic viewership numbers in comparison to last year, yet again a tf2 lan fails to attract any outside sponsors or establish any tournament circuit, I'm critical of these lans because they're the same every time and lead to no change.
DrHappinessThere is no guarantee that dramatic changes to the format would encourage more people to play, only purely anecdotal evidence and theorycrafting (something that b4nny doesn't like, actually)
We're stuck at theorycrafting because most of the people in communities like these have been pushing back on trying out other formats, there has yet to be a MM 6s cup in EU, etf2l seems to not be interested, even mocking the idea of having such a cup during april fools, rgl has tried mm 6s and has been a success, their statistics even prove that round times are FASTER (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1ounszWsAABDUH.jpg) , so i'm not basing my optimism for the mode on pure guesswork, its been tried, stuff that was complained about before wasnt an issue and yet nothing has changed.
DrHappinessFunnily enough, you need the community (or the organisation owners at least) support if you are going to make significant changes. He is a divisive figure and that in turn may only divide the community further. Running an esport isnt fucking easy, and he should know this.
You aren't the community. The competitive community isn't the community and tftv isn't the community, the "community" is everyone who plays tf2. Your support isn't needed when allowing for a more welcoming format can lead to current community figures being replaced by new ones, remember that the competitive community is still only 1% of the overall playerbase, the other 99% of people play on non comp servers, you know, the other 50k players that play at any given moment and dont even realize yet that tf2 can be a competitive game.
And noone who plays the game in any competitive setting is expecting or pushing for true viability within the current gaming market. While it would be nice to have money thrown our way, the fact of the matter is that it isn't ever going to happen, so the community has elected to shape the game in a way that would be enjoyable for the majority of current players. MarmadukeGRYLLS said it best earlier on.
So, you've given up? Nobody in the past decade has ever really tried to make a format thats more accesible and diverse, atleast not one that was accepted by the community as the "premier version of competitive tf2". You just made your own version of tf2 and expected valve to support it, you've already given up without even trying new stuff, not suprising that im defending the guy thats actually trying to push for change.
And yes, the community doesn't want 'common practices' because it isn't a fully viable esport and the measures needed to do so are laborious, time consuming, difficult, and controversial
They're controversial to you because the scene has developed into such a hardcore community orientated mindset that anything made for growth, and not the community, is instantly labelled as bad. And how do you expect to ever develop into a proper esport when you cant even handle the basic practices, you need to lay the groundwork first and go from there.
I'm not here for a long, painstaking back and forth which will result in nothing anyways, tftv and other small, isolated communities (b4nnys chat included...) will be resistent to anything other that they're told to be the "solution". its not worth taking the time out of anybodys day to argue with people who cant have their minds changed, kind of defeats the purpose of discussion. so, continue to waste your efforts on a slowly dying scene.