I know the majority of you only interface with ESEA for match scheduling and the like so figured this might be a good thing to drop to people as if your account does not meet the alias rules it will be unusable until you change it, so could have implications with ESEA Client struggles.
ESEA Blog PostAlias Updates
Since ESEA has launched, we have had very few restrictions on user aliases. A common practice among almost all websites, we’ve developed a new policy for aliases and have implemented them. Any aliases that have violated the new policies have been flagged, and their accounts will not be usable until the alias has been changed to not violate the new alias policy. A user that has an account that has been flagged will show up publicly as (Flagged User).
The following policies are now in place for ESEA Aliases:
- Alias length: 3-17 characters
- Can only contain alphanumeric, -, _, ^ characters
- Must include at least two consecutive letters or numbers
- Must include at least one letter
- Cannot have the same character repeated more than six times in a row.
- Cannot have the same character group more than three times in a row (e.g. ABABABAB)
- Cannot violate racism filter
Have a nice day