Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
Stuttering in tournament mode
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Ever since this latest update when someone fires a weapon in close proximity of me I stutter like crazy. I have a very good connection wired, put my graphics to as low as possible and was getting around 700fps constant on mid and yet I stutter like crazy. I tried fullscreen, borderless windowed, running nothing but tf2 and mumble.

Specs: 4790k i7
GTX 970
SSD
Z97-A
16GB RAM

Ever since this latest update when someone fires a weapon in close proximity of me I stutter like crazy. I have a very good connection wired, put my graphics to as low as possible and was getting around 700fps constant on mid and yet I stutter like crazy. I tried fullscreen, borderless windowed, running nothing but tf2 and mumble.

Specs: 4790k i7
GTX 970
SSD
Z97-A
16GB RAM
-12 Frags +

try and relax, speak a bit slower, have you tried breathing exercises? A speech therapist might be necessary if nothing else helps

Edit: lol damn

try and relax, speak a bit slower, have you tried breathing exercises? A speech therapist might be necessary if nothing else helps

Edit: lol damn
4 Frags +
Shiftatry and relax, speak a bit slower, have you tried breathing exercises? A speech therapist might be necessary if nothing else helps

he typed it?????????????????????????????????????????????????

how is ur cooling

[quote=Shifta]try and relax, speak a bit slower, have you tried breathing exercises? A speech therapist might be necessary if nothing else helps[/quote]

how is ur cooling
0 Frags +
janedoeShiftatry and relax, speak a bit slower, have you tried breathing exercises? A speech therapist might be necessary if nothing else helpshe typed it?????????????????????????????????????????????????

how is ur cooling

I stay at around 42C under load.

[quote=janedoe][quote=Shifta]try and relax, speak a bit slower, have you tried breathing exercises? A speech therapist might be necessary if nothing else helps[/quote]

how is ur cooling[/quote]
1 Frags +
EtneyjanedoeShiftatry and relax, speak a bit slower, have you tried breathing exercises? A speech therapist might be necessary if nothing else helpshe typed it?????????????????????????????????????????????????

how is ur cooling

did u try verifying/reinstalling?

[quote=Etney][quote=janedoe][quote=Shifta]try and relax, speak a bit slower, have you tried breathing exercises? A speech therapist might be necessary if nothing else helps[/quote]

I stay at around 42C under load.[/quote]
did u try verifying/reinstalling?
1 Frags +

I verified and did nothing, currently re-installing.

I verified and did nothing, currently re-installing.
0 Frags +

well it might not be the same issue, but when i played comp and i didnt restart tf2 after awhile, this would happen and it didnt get fixed until i reinstalled windows.

well it might not be the same issue, but when i played comp and i didnt restart tf2 after awhile, [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3NUV809ZpQ]this[/url] would happen and it didnt get fixed until i reinstalled windows.
-1 Frags +
janedoeShiftatry and relax, speak a bit slower, have you tried breathing exercises? A speech therapist might be necessary if nothing else helpshe typed it?????????????????????????????????????????????????

how is ur cooling

he's making a joke that his speech is stuttering

[quote=janedoe][quote=Shifta]try and relax, speak a bit slower, have you tried breathing exercises? A speech therapist might be necessary if nothing else helps[/quote]

he's making a joke that his speech is stuttering
3 Frags +
Shiftatry and relax, speak a bit slower, have you tried breathing exercises? A speech therapist might be necessary if nothing else helps

bad joke, bad you

[quote=Shifta]try and relax, speak a bit slower, have you tried breathing exercises? A speech therapist might be necessary if nothing else helps[/quote]

bad joke, bad you
1 Frags +

alright alright...

what's in your launch options?

also pastebin autoexec?

alright alright...

what's in your launch options?

also pastebin autoexec?
3 Frags +

Stab in the dark... have you tried being offline steam community?

Also are your steam and/or TF2 installs on an SSD or a clunky mechanical HDD? I know you say you HAVE an SSD, but just checking.

EDIT: backup your config and try default, then maybe a different fps config? shrug process of elimination

Stab in the dark... have you tried being offline steam community?

Also are your steam and/or TF2 installs on an SSD or a clunky mechanical HDD? I know you say you HAVE an SSD, but just checking.

EDIT: backup your config and try default, then maybe a different fps config? shrug process of elimination
0 Frags +
yukiStab in the dark... have you tried being offline steam community?

Haven't tried offline on steam yet. Steam and TF2 and windows are all on my SSD. I used to run highframes, tried dx9 frames, then went to dx8 and did another fps config nothing really worked.

I just clean installed tf2 and it still stutters.

launch options: -dxlevel 81 -noborder -sw -w 1980 -refresh 144 -novid -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms

[quote=yuki]Stab in the dark... have you tried being offline steam community?

EDIT: backup your config and try default, then maybe a different fps config? shrug process of elimination[/quote]
Haven't tried offline on steam yet. Steam and TF2 and windows are all on my SSD. I used to run highframes, tried dx9 frames, then went to dx8 and did another fps config nothing really worked.

I just clean installed tf2 and it still stutters.

launch options: -dxlevel 81 -noborder -sw -w 1980 -refresh 144 -novid -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms
1 Frags +

Do you currently have an active overclock? I know your temps are fine, but it would be good to go to stock speeds just in case (CPU and/or GPU).

Have you recently updated any drivers? I would recommend rolling them back if so.

Try also taking out some of your ram. I doubt it's the issue, but worth a shot.

edit: unrelated to your stutter issues, you don't need those mouse accel launch options with rawinput :P

Do you currently have an active overclock? I know your temps are fine, but it would be good to go to stock speeds just in case (CPU and/or GPU).

Have you recently updated any drivers? I would recommend rolling them back if so.

edit: unrelated to your stutter issues, you don't need those mouse accel launch options with rawinput :P
0 Frags +
yukiDo you currently have an active overclock? I know your temps are fine, but it would be good to go to stock speeds just in case (CPU and/or GPU).

not overclocked, I updated my GPU driver in an attempt to fix the stuttering. This started happening once the latest tf2 update happened. Also the accel thing is just to be safe, no reason not to have it all but probably left over from before i just did rawinput.

[quote=yuki]Do you currently have an active overclock? I know your temps are fine, but it would be good to go to stock speeds just in case (CPU and/or GPU).

edit: unrelated to your stutter issues, you don't need those mouse accel launch options with rawinput :P[/quote]
not overclocked, I updated my GPU driver in an attempt to fix the stuttering. This started happening once the latest tf2 update happened. Also the accel thing is just to be safe, no reason not to have it all but probably left over from before i just did rawinput.
3 Frags +

Out of ideas for now, sorry.

If you find a fix make sure to post your resolution! :D

Out of ideas for now, sorry.

If you find a fix make sure to post your resolution! :D
4 Frags +

i liked shiftas joke

i liked shiftas joke
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.