Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
Need help with a damagedplayer script
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

So I used to have this old script that made four pink boxes appear around my xhair on hit (I use a + crosshair). It's helpful for when I wanna pub and keep the sound low so I can play music or whatever, but then I can't hear any hit confirmations, so it was nice to have those boxes pop up so that I always knew when I hit something if I'm haphazardly spamming a choke as soldier or something.

I have this in my hudlayout and this in my hud_animations text file. I'm not really sure what caused this to break or how to fix it and I'd appreciate some help.

So I used to have this old script that made four pink boxes appear around my xhair on hit (I use a + crosshair). It's helpful for when I wanna pub and keep the sound low so I can play music or whatever, but then I can't hear any hit confirmations, so it was nice to have those boxes pop up so that I always knew when I hit something if I'm haphazardly spamming a choke as soldier or something.

I have [url=http://pastebin.com/BRgrHHit]this[/url] in my hudlayout and [url=http://pastebin.com/FMgbjT1b]this[/url] in my hud_animations text file. I'm not really sure what caused this to break or how to fix it and I'd appreciate some help.
0 Frags +

Optimistic bump, probably my only one.

Optimistic bump, probably my only one.
1 Frags +

Try using this

Animate HitMarker1 Alpha "255" Linear 0.0 0.1
Animate HitMarker2 Alpha "255" Linear 0.0 0.1
Animate HitMarker3 Alpha "255" Linear 0.0 0.1
Animate HitMarker4 Alpha "255" Linear 0.0 0.1

Animate HitMarker1 Alpha "0" Linear 0.0 0.1
Animate HitMarker2 Alpha "0" Linear 0.0 0.1
Animate HitMarker3 Alpha "0" Linear 0.0 0.1
Animate HitMarker4 Alpha "0" Linear 0.0 0.1

I don't know how to use Accel, but these Linear animations work for me.
You already set them to pink in hudlayout, so just changing the alpha should get the job done - if not, just replace your accel animations with these linear ones. GL

Try using this

[code]
Animate HitMarker1 Alpha "255" Linear 0.0 0.1
Animate HitMarker2 Alpha "255" Linear 0.0 0.1
Animate HitMarker3 Alpha "255" Linear 0.0 0.1
Animate HitMarker4 Alpha "255" Linear 0.0 0.1

Animate HitMarker1 Alpha "0" Linear 0.0 0.1
Animate HitMarker2 Alpha "0" Linear 0.0 0.1
Animate HitMarker3 Alpha "0" Linear 0.0 0.1
Animate HitMarker4 Alpha "0" Linear 0.0 0.1
[/code]

I don't know how to use Accel, but these Linear animations work for me.
You already set them to pink in hudlayout, so just changing the alpha should get the job done - if not, just replace your accel animations with these linear ones. GL
0 Frags +

Sorry, I just traced the source of the script and figured out what was wrong. I was just missing a line or two in hud_animations. Dunno how they vanished from there but everything's working now. Thank you very much for responding though.

Sorry, I just traced the source of the script and figured out what was wrong. I was just missing a line or two in hud_animations. Dunno how they vanished from there but everything's working now. Thank you very much for responding though.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.