what was yr high score?

I broke 500 in 5th grade once

it was a rough time i had no friends
0 Frags +

?

?
-15 Frags +

u could've googled it and STILL been the first person to post duddeeee

[url=http://puu.sh/iPAjG/5873ba64da.png]u could've googled it and STILL been the first person to post duddeeee[/url]
20 Frags +

i love arena respawn

i love arena respawn
18 Frags +

can you just tell us?

[url=http://i.imgur.com/O057YGK.png]can you just tell us?[/url]
12 Frags +

only books i was trying to read in elementary school was captain underpants books from the book fair

we had some made up system for this sort of thing where the teacher would approve of a book you would read and if u can prove you read it you got 1 point or something

it was dumb i think you got like a coupon for 1 free pizza slice at chuck e cheese or something if u got the most points out of the class

only books i was trying to read in elementary school was captain underpants books from the book fair

we had some made up system for this sort of thing where the teacher would approve of a book you would read and if u can prove you read it you got 1 point or something

it was dumb i think you got like a coupon for 1 free pizza slice at chuck e cheese or something if u got the most points out of the class
8 Frags +

it was some bullshit program for public schools in certain states where they forced u to read books which had a certain amount of points assigned to them and u had to achieve a certain quota of points and basically made everyone hate reading forever

also i got 400 and everyone who got 400+ went to a waterpark as a field trip it was p cool

it was some bullshit program for public schools in certain states where they forced u to read books which had a certain amount of points assigned to them and u had to achieve a certain quota of points and basically made everyone hate reading forever

also i got 400 and everyone who got 400+ went to a waterpark as a field trip it was p cool
3 Frags +

i had 200 :v i just answered tests from books that i had read years before

i had 200 :v i just answered tests from books that i had read years before
6 Frags +

I had 650 in 5th grade because I strategically saved the entire Harry Potter series quizzes and the Redwall series quizzes until my last year of elementary school. The previous record was like 200

Competition was fierce man you had to plan ahead

I had 650 in 5th grade because I strategically saved the entire Harry Potter series quizzes and the Redwall series quizzes until my last year of elementary school. The previous record was like 200

Competition was fierce man you had to plan ahead
2 Frags +

i actually broke 1000 in the 5th grade , not to proud of that one, although i think i cheated a couple of times?? my mom made me do it, but i can kind of read now so thats cool

i actually broke 1000 in the 5th grade , not to proud of that one, although i think i cheated a couple of times?? my mom made me do it, but i can kind of read now so thats cool
1 Frags +

i was top of my class at 650 (or something like that). pretty sure i still have some pizza hut passes from it (you got a free personal pan pizza if you got a certain score).

CHERRYcan you just tell us?

you read books and took tests based on them basically, then the score would be used to show what kinds of books you should read.

i was top of my class at 650 (or something like that). pretty sure i still have some pizza hut passes from it (you got a free personal pan pizza if you got a certain score).

[quote=CHERRY][url=http://i.imgur.com/O057YGK.png]can you just tell us?[/url][/quote]
you read books and took tests based on them basically, then the score would be used to show what kinds of books you should read.
-1 Frags +

i remember cheating on reading lists and getting board games from the library bc im a real nigga

i remember cheating on reading lists and getting board games from the library bc im a real nigga
-3 Frags +
Volli actually broke 1000 in the 5th grade , not to proud of that one, although i think i cheated a couple of times?? my mom made me do it, but i can kind of read now so thats cool

aight so im actually really curious how u managed to outscore the guy who did all of redwall and hp in 5th grade. Like I did most of HP and a shit load of redwall to get 550 (fuck treasure island i wouldve had 600 but im shit at books) idk bruh

[quote=Voll]i actually broke 1000 in the 5th grade , not to proud of that one, although i think i cheated a couple of times?? my mom made me do it, but i can kind of read now so thats cool[/quote]
aight so im actually really curious how u managed to outscore the guy who did all of redwall and hp in 5th grade. Like I did most of HP and a shit load of redwall to get 550 (fuck treasure island i wouldve had 600 but im shit at books) idk bruh
2 Frags +

i really don't remember, but i know i had about 200 points at the end of 1st grade. They had like an award ceremony because there was only 2 people that got above 1000, some guy had more than me though.

i really don't remember, but i know i had about 200 points at the end of 1st grade. They had like an award ceremony because there was only 2 people that got above 1000, some guy had more than me though.
0 Frags +

I don't think this is a good way to make children like books.
At this point when they have to get over 400 to go to water park they just start hating it even though there's so many nice ones.
Can you tell me if the books were new or just some classics kids don't get? (like here lecture assignments were)

I don't think this is a good way to make children like books.
At this point when they have to get over 400 to go to water park they just start hating it even though there's so many nice ones.
Can you tell me if the books were new or just some classics kids don't get? (like here lecture assignments were)
0 Frags +
CHERRYI don't think this is a good way to make children like books.

generally most books contained AR points, the lengthier a text was, the more AR points you could potentially receive from taking the book's quiz

on a side note, the redwall series along with harry potter were a gold mine

[quote=CHERRY]I don't think this is a good way to make children like books.
Can you tell me if the books were new or just some classics kids don't get? (like here lecture assignments were)[/quote]

generally most books contained AR points, the lengthier a text was, the more AR points you could potentially receive from taking the book's quiz

0 Frags +
cheshyregenerally most books contained AR points, the lengthier a text was, the more AR points you could potentially receive from taking the book's quiz

Yo, I got so many points from reading Jurassic Park and the LoTR trilogy in 4th grade.

edit: Also, people got like free food and field trips from it? Man, our school had no prizes for that crap.

[quote=cheshyre]

on a side note, the redwall series along with harry potter were a gold mine[/quote]

Yo, I got so many points from reading Jurassic Park and the LoTR trilogy in 4th grade.

edit: Also, people got like free food and field trips from it? Man, our school had no prizes for that crap.
0 Frags +
CHERRYI don't think this is a good way to make children like books.

it was an elementary school thing, so at least where I lived all of the books were selected based on reading levels and stuff. You had to accrue a certain number of points each quarter or something bad would happen i think. It was kind of stupid, but it did make me read a shitload of books so i learned a good amount of words that I use in conversation when I want to look like an asshole. In general, most people hate reading, and forcing them to read isn't going to make them like it, but forcing children to read does (probably) build reading and language skills, which is like half of what elementary school is about.

[quote=CHERRY]I don't think this is a good way to make children like books.
Can you tell me if the books were new or just some classics kids don't get? (like here lecture assignments were)[/quote]
it was an elementary school thing, so at least where I lived all of the books were selected based on reading levels and stuff. You had to accrue a certain number of points each quarter or something bad would happen i think. It was kind of stupid, but it did make me read a shitload of books so i learned a good amount of words that I use in conversation when I want to look like an asshole. In general, most people hate reading, and forcing them to read isn't going to make them like it, but forcing children to read does (probably) build reading and language skills, which is like half of what elementary school is about.
0 Frags +
eeeCHERRYI don't think this is a good way to make children like books.

I see.
I like reading (even though I don't do that as much nowadays) and read a lot as a child, maybe if selection of the titles was wide enough it wasn't that bad of a thing since even if it felt a little forced child could at least chose the ones they liked or didn't like the least.

[quote=eee][quote=CHERRY]I don't think this is a good way to make children like books.
it was an elementary school thing, so at least where I lived all of the books were selected based on reading levels and stuff. You had to accrue a certain number of points each quarter or something bad would happen i think. It was kind of stupid, but it did make me read a shitload of books so i learned a good amount of words that I use in conversation when I want to look like an asshole. In general, most people hate reading, and forcing them to read isn't going to make them like it, but forcing children to read does (probably) build reading and language skills, which is like half of what elementary school is about.[/quote]
I see.
I like reading (even though I don't do that as much nowadays) and read a lot as a child, maybe if selection of the titles was wide enough it wasn't that bad of a thing since even if it felt a little forced child could at least chose the ones they liked or didn't like the least.
5 Frags +

my mom bought me harry potter books once every often but it was in the wrong order

it was like 5-4-1-2-3. the 3rd book was bought at good will and questionable stains were on some of the pages

i didnt question the order bc i thought it was like star wars but boy was i wrong

my mom bought me harry potter books once every often but it was in the wrong order

it was like 5-4-1-2-3. the 3rd book was bought at good will and questionable stains were on some of the pages

i didnt question the order bc i thought it was like star wars but boy was i wrong
0 Frags +
CHERRYI see.

It's pretty much any book you could expect to findi na school library. The only problem ever came about if you wanted to read something below yr reading level, but if that was an actual problem for you, you probably read enough that it didn't matter.

[quote=CHERRY]
I see.
I like reading (even though I don't do that as much nowadays) and read a lot as a child, maybe if selection of the titles was wide enough it wasn't that bad of a thing since even if it felt a little forced child could at least chose the ones they liked or didn't like the least.[/quote]
It's pretty much any book you could expect to findi na school library. The only problem ever came about if you wanted to read something below yr reading level, but if that was an actual problem for you, you probably read enough that it didn't matter.
0 Frags +

AR is actually the only reason i read harry potter

AR is actually the only reason i read harry potter
2 Frags +
mathsadi was top of my class at 650 (or something like that). pretty sure i still have some pizza hut passes from it (you got a free personal pan pizza if you got a certain score).
CHERRYcan you just tell us?you read books and took tests based on them basically, then the score would be used to show what kinds of books you should read.

tcby frozen yogurt and pizza hut personal pan pizzas for dayssss

then they banned me from it because i read too much :(

[quote=mathsad]i was top of my class at 650 (or something like that). pretty sure i still have some pizza hut passes from it (you got a free personal pan pizza if you got a certain score).

[quote=CHERRY][url=http://i.imgur.com/O057YGK.png]can you just tell us?[/url][/quote]
you read books and took tests based on them basically, then the score would be used to show what kinds of books you should read.[/quote]
tcby frozen yogurt and pizza hut personal pan pizzas for dayssss

then they banned me from it because i read too much :(
0 Frags +

I had around 800, but it saddens me that I don't have the time or strive for reading again though

I had around 800, but it saddens me that I don't have the time or strive for reading again though
0 Frags +

dude i remember accelerated reader points. I had like 1000 saved up by the end of the year in 3rd grade and bought a monopoly board game

dude i remember accelerated reader points. I had like 1000 saved up by the end of the year in 3rd grade and bought a monopoly board game
0 Frags +

All I remember is everyone in my class blindly doing the Gone With the Wind test since it gave you a ton of points and you only had to get 7/10 questions right to get the points.

All I remember is everyone in my class blindly doing the Gone With the Wind test since it gave you a ton of points and you only had to get 7/10 questions right to get the points.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.