Upvote Upvoted 16 Downvote Downvoted
Logitech G303 $30 @ Bestbuy
posted in Hardware
0 Frags +

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-g303-daedalus-apex-optical-gaming-mouse-black/4801031.p?id=1219638966934&skuId=4801031

Best sensor on the market, kind of an odd shape though. It's fairly popular in the CS community, but I personally haven't seen it too much in the TF2 scene.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-g303-daedalus-apex-optical-gaming-mouse-black/4801031.p?id=1219638966934&skuId=4801031

Best sensor on the market, kind of an odd shape though. It's fairly popular in the CS community, but I personally haven't seen it too much in the TF2 scene.
12 Frags +

i think the most underrated part of logitech mice is the force needed to actuate the mouse buttons.
for context, i upgraded to the g303 from the zowie fk1 after learning about the fk1's click latency.

not only does the g303 have instantaneous actuation, the force needed to actuate the buttons is extremely minimal.

with the zowie fk1, i average 210 to 230 ms on humanbenchmark.com's reaction time test.
with the logitech g303, i average 170 to 180 ms (and this is with lightboost on my vg248qe enabled).

the difference is shocking.

the tracking is just as accurate as the zowie fk1 while also having a higher maximum tracking speed, so it is easily a direct upgrade (and i haven't had a single issue with the logitech gaming software; it seems to run a lot better than the g9x days).

and if you're comparing logitech mice, the g303 is free of the various issues that the g502 (not only is it logitech's heaviest mouse, you may get one with this issue), g402 (also buggy tracking), and g400s (smoothing) have.

more subjectively, my grip varies a lot depending on what i need to perform, and it's much easier to switch between palm, fingertip & claw grips with small mice than with large mice.

also, you can TBF and block rush really easily with logitech mice if you play gunz the duel (not like any1 here besides kev and me have, but it's pretty much impossible without an extremely lightweight chassis & sensitive buttons)!!!

i could sing praise for days!!!

p.s. it tracks just fine on the puretrak talent, the artisan hayate, & the qck heavy

i think the most underrated part of logitech mice is the force needed to actuate the mouse buttons.
for context, i upgraded to the g303 from the zowie fk1 after learning about the fk1's click latency.

not only does the g303 have instantaneous actuation, the force needed to actuate the buttons is extremely minimal.

with the zowie fk1, i average 210 to 230 ms on humanbenchmark.com's reaction time test.
with the logitech g303, i average 170 to 180 ms (and this is with lightboost on my vg248qe enabled).

the difference is shocking.

the tracking is just as accurate as the zowie fk1 while also having a higher maximum tracking speed, so it is easily a direct upgrade (and i haven't had a single issue with the logitech gaming software; it seems to run a lot better than the g9x days).

and if you're comparing logitech mice, the g303 is free of the various issues that the g502 (not only is it logitech's heaviest mouse, [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bMjYVfzlCE]you may get one with this issue[/url]), g402 (also buggy tracking), and g400s (smoothing) have.

more subjectively, my grip varies a lot depending on what i need to perform, and it's much easier to switch between palm, fingertip & claw grips with small mice than with large mice.

also, you can TBF and block rush really easily with logitech mice if you play gunz the duel (not like any1 here besides kev and me have, but it's pretty much impossible without an extremely lightweight chassis & sensitive buttons)!!!

i could sing praise for days!!!

p.s. it tracks just fine on the puretrak talent, the artisan hayate, & the qck heavy
6 Frags +
joshuawn and if you're comparing logitech mice, the g303 is free of the various issues that the g502 (not only is it logitech's heaviest mouse, you may get one with this issue), g402 (also buggy tracking), and g400s (smoothing) have.

The issue you linked is an issue on all PMW3366 mice (g303/g502). It happens when you calibrate the mouse to a specific mousepad in LGS instead of leaving it on default. In what way does the g402 have buggy tracking?

Anyways the g303 is probably the best mouse money can buy if you can cope with the controversial shape.

[quote=joshuawn] and if you're comparing logitech mice, the g303 is free of the various issues that the g502 (not only is it logitech's heaviest mouse, [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bMjYVfzlCE]you may get one with this issue[/url]), g402 (also buggy tracking), and g400s (smoothing) have.[/quote]

The issue you linked is an issue on all PMW3366 mice (g303/g502). It happens when you calibrate the mouse to a specific mousepad in LGS instead of leaving it on default. In what way does the g402 have buggy tracking?

Anyways the g303 is probably the best mouse money can buy if you can cope with the controversial shape.
3 Frags +

damn, I should've waited. I just bought this mouse 4 days ago at best buy and paid 49.99

damn, I should've waited. I just bought this mouse 4 days ago at best buy and paid 49.99
1 Frags +

i wish we got deals like this over here from time to time :E

i wish we got deals like this over here from time to time :E
3 Frags +

Thank you, I've been waiting for the g303 to go down to acceptable price.

joshuawni think the most underrated part of logitech mice is the force needed to actuate the mouse buttons.

This is the biggest reason why when I bought a Zowie FK1 that I was hugely disappointed, and expected much better. For anyone who's never used a logitech mouse and has always used Zowie you really should find someone who has a logitech gaming mouse and see for yourself just how staggering the difference is. That being said Zowie actually has normal shapes for low weight mice so preference could be strong enough to not want to use g303.

Thank you, I've been waiting for the g303 to go down to acceptable price.

[quote=joshuawn]i think the most underrated part of logitech mice is the force needed to actuate the mouse buttons.

not only does the g303 have instantaneous actuation, the force needed to actuate the buttons is extremely minimal.[/quote]

This is the biggest reason why when I bought a Zowie FK1 that I was hugely disappointed, and expected much better. For anyone who's never used a logitech mouse and has always used Zowie you really should find someone who has a logitech gaming mouse and see for yourself just how staggering the difference is. That being said Zowie actually has normal shapes for low weight mice so preference could be strong enough to not want to use g303.
3 Frags +

I caved in, went to my local Best Buy, and bought one. I love my deathadder but I might try it out. Thanks for the heads up!

I caved in, went to my local Best Buy, and bought one. I love my deathadder but I might try it out. Thanks for the heads up!
0 Frags +
ProSkeezhttp://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-g303-daedalus-apex-optical-gaming-mouse-black/4801031.p?id=1219638966934&skuId=4801031

i use it
its very nice.
main issue i can see is some people not liking the shape, but if you like it, go for it.

[quote=ProSkeez]http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-g303-daedalus-apex-optical-gaming-mouse-black/4801031.p?id=1219638966934&skuId=4801031

Best sensor on the market, kind of an odd shape though. It's fairly popular in the CS community, but I personally haven't seen it too much in the TF2 scene.[/quote]
i use it
its very nice.
main issue i can see is some people not liking the shape, but if you like it, go for it.
0 Frags +

I'm about to pick one up just because it's so damn cheap. My FK is in fairly good condition still after a year, but why not bite the bullet @ $30. Worst case scenario I have a backup mouse haha.

I'm about to pick one up just because it's so damn cheap. My FK is in fairly good condition still after a year, but why not bite the bullet @ $30. Worst case scenario I have a backup mouse haha.
0 Frags +

I've been looking for a way to get this mouse in australia, noticed this deal last night and jumped on it

I've been looking for a way to get this mouse in australia, noticed this deal last night and jumped on it
3 Frags +
pharaohyhwhdamn, I should've waited. I just bought this mouse 4 days ago at best buy and paid 49.99

Buy a new one, and return it with your old receipt.

----------------

I just got one for $35 the other day. While it's a nice mouse, I'm having problems adjusting to the liftoff distance on this mouse (coming from a G400). If you are used to playing and slightly lifting up your mouse at times with a higher LOD mouse, the sensor on the G303 only allows for maybe 0.5mm of liftoff. More than that and it wont register.

But most people i've talked to have been telling me to just get used to it and that its worth it so I guess I'll stick with it.

---------------

Also available on ebay through best buy.

2% ebay bucks so I guess maybe its a better deal from best buy on ebay.

[quote=pharaohyhwh]damn, I should've waited. I just bought this mouse 4 days ago at best buy and paid 49.99[/quote]

Buy a new one, and return it with your old receipt.

----------------

I just got one for $35 the other day. While it's a nice mouse, I'm having problems adjusting to the liftoff distance on this mouse (coming from a G400). If you are used to playing and slightly lifting up your mouse at times with a higher LOD mouse, the sensor on the G303 only allows for maybe 0.5mm of liftoff. More than that and it wont register.

But most people i've talked to have been telling me to just get used to it and that its worth it so I guess I'll stick with it.

---------------

Also available on [url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G303-Daedalus-Apex-Optical-Gaming-Mouse-Black-/201334453642?customid=dc8d0d972e1a4a35b6d246f9347bd93d&pub=5574652453&afepn=5335869999&campid=5335869999&afepn=5335869999&rmvSB=true]ebay[/url] through best buy.

2% ebay bucks so I guess maybe its a better deal from best buy on ebay.
0 Frags +

i have a corsair m65, how does this compare in shape?

i have a corsair m65, how does this compare in shape?
0 Frags +
Dreamboati have a corsair m65, how does this compare in shape?

Corsair's m65 is bit bulkier then the g303 so it will take some time to get used to the 303.

[quote=Dreamboat]i have a corsair m65, how does this compare in shape?[/quote]

Corsair's m65 is bit bulkier then the g303 so it will take some time to get used to the 303.
0 Frags +
pharaohyhwhdamn, I should've waited. I just bought this mouse 4 days ago at best buy and paid 49.99

I bought it on the first day when it was 69.99 :c

[quote=pharaohyhwh]damn, I should've waited. I just bought this mouse 4 days ago at best buy and paid 49.99[/quote]

I bought it on the first day when it was 69.99 :c
5 Frags +

sorry for the necro but it's $24 right now even cheaper lol

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-g303-daedalus-apex-optical-gaming-mouse-black/4801031.p?id=1219638966934&skuId=4801031&productCategoryId=pcmcat338200050008

sorry for the necro but it's $24 right now even cheaper lol

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-g303-daedalus-apex-optical-gaming-mouse-black/4801031.p?id=1219638966934&skuId=4801031&productCategoryId=pcmcat338200050008
8 Frags +

Every time i see threads about this mouse I cry because it's so good but its shape is just so terrible.

Every time i see threads about this mouse I cry because it's so good but its shape is just so terrible.
2 Frags +

^This

I had a G302 and it was perfect in every way but the shape and cord. I gave up on it in less than a week because it hurt my hand so much.

^This

I had a G302 and it was perfect in every way but the shape and cord. I gave up on it in less than a week because it hurt my hand so much.
0 Frags +
CrizzlThe issue you linked is an issue on all PMW3366 mice (g303/g502). It happens when you calibrate the mouse to a specific mousepad in LGS instead of leaving it on default.

AFAIK that was fixed with a firmware update.

[quote=Crizzl]
The issue you linked is an issue on all PMW3366 mice (g303/g502). It happens when you calibrate the mouse to a specific mousepad in LGS instead of leaving it on default.[/quote]

AFAIK that was fixed with a firmware update.
2 Frags +

why does the picture in the website make it look like a ball lol

why does the picture in the website make it look like a ball lol
-1 Frags +

Love Logitech mice!

I got a 502 Proteus at Best Buy for $40 last weekend. This thing is so slick! Was using a G5 since like 2005.

The G502 issues have been resolved with a firmware update. I have had no issues so far at 4000dpi in TF2, smooth as butter, and very responsive.

Love Logitech mice!

I got a 502 Proteus at Best Buy for $40 last weekend. This thing is so slick! Was using a G5 since like 2005.

The G502 issues have been resolved with a firmware update. I have had no issues so far at 4000dpi in TF2, smooth as butter, and very responsive.
1 Frags +

Love Logitech.

The DPI Switch is great, you can customate it alot. Great mouse.
I sometimes forget I'm resting my index finger on M1. And I accidentaly click it, which undisguises me ;(

Here is my sad story

>live in spain
>buy g303 1 week before black friday
>cry.

Love Logitech.

The DPI Switch is great, you can customate it alot. Great mouse.
I sometimes forget I'm resting my index finger on M1. And I accidentaly click it, which undisguises me ;(

Here is my sad story

>live in spain
>buy g303 1 week before black friday
>cry.
2 Frags +

My small hands and fingertipping-ish style are bad for other Logitech mice, and CM Storm Spawns are hella buggy, so I got this one a few months back.

I'll admit it: I absolutely hated the shape at first. It would constantly slip in my hand, or I'd accidentally click m2 due to no good spot to rest my ring finger (whoops, there goes that uber). I adjusted completely in a few days, though. Construction is good. I use the second-lowest default dpi, so I can't speak to how the 12000 dpi is, haha, but it's a good mouse, especially for the price.

My small hands and fingertipping-ish style are bad for other Logitech mice, and CM Storm Spawns are hella buggy, so I got this one a few months back.

I'll admit it: I absolutely hated the shape at first. It would constantly slip in my hand, or I'd accidentally click m2 due to no good spot to rest my ring finger (whoops, there goes that uber). I adjusted completely in a few days, though. Construction is good. I use the second-lowest default dpi, so I can't speak to how the 12000 dpi is, haha, but it's a good mouse, especially for the price.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.