Upvote Upvoted 10 Downvote Downvoted
Static and/or alpha viewmodels also pre law rl
posted in Customization
refresh.tf
0 Frags +

I want to know if there's anyone that would support this cause of adding static viewmodels as an official thing into the game like in cs 1.6 or changing the alpha for the viewmodels with a slider option in-built into the options and also the possibility of adding the old Pre-law update rocket launcher, which does look better and cleaner, as well as it would make the skins for it look better.

Just an opinion of mine, but tell me what you think of this and since valve is listening to us maybe we could raise awareness for such stiff viewmodel customization.

I want to know if there's anyone that would support this cause of adding static viewmodels as an official thing into the game like in cs 1.6 or changing the alpha for the viewmodels with a slider option in-built into the options and also the possibility of adding the old Pre-law update rocket launcher, which does look better and cleaner, as well as it would make the skins for it look better.

Just an opinion of mine, but tell me what you think of this and since valve is listening to us maybe we could raise awareness for such stiff viewmodel customization.
2 Frags +

I'd say this and cross hair customizations( I get that we can do it ourselves but in built would be great too) would be an amazing addition to tf2 . Not sure how willing valve is to do it though.

I'd say this and cross hair customizations( I get that we can do it ourselves but in built would be great too) would be an amazing addition to tf2 . Not sure how willing valve is to do it though.
2 Frags +

If you want a static viewmodels you could just as well make an overlay with a picture of the viewmodel you want, although that would only work for 1 class the easy way

If you want a static viewmodels you could just as well make an overlay with a picture of the viewmodel you want, although that would only work for 1 class the easy way
13 Frags +

I do wish the rocket launcher viewmodel never got changed, I like the old one so much

http://i.imgur.com/vkuszQ8.png

I do wish the rocket launcher viewmodel never got changed, I like the old one so much
[img]http://i.imgur.com/vkuszQ8.png[/img]
0 Frags +

You can change the alpha of your viewmodels through your hud. Would be cool to have it officially but it is doable as it is.

http://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/21928/transparent-viewmodels-in-any-hud/

You can change the alpha of your viewmodels through your hud. Would be cool to have it officially but it is doable as it is.

-6 Frags +

You are a scrub if you don't play with viewmodels off anyways

You are a scrub if you don't play with viewmodels off anyways
refresh.tf
2 Frags +
deetrYou can change the alpha of your viewmodels through your hud. Would be cool to have it officially but it is doable as it is.

It's a Dx9 thing and I can't run on Dx9 and even less with the addition of skins

[quote=deetr]You can change the alpha of your viewmodels through your hud. Would be cool to have it officially but it is doable as it is.

http://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/21928/transparent-viewmodels-in-any-hud/[/quote]

It's a Dx9 thing and I can't run on Dx9 and even less with the addition of skins
0 Frags +
roboprodI want to know if there's anyone that would support this cause of adding static viewmodels as an official thing into the game like in cs 1.6.

static viewmodels are so much less intrusive than viewmodels with the sh*tty animations. The only problem is that I think it would be awkward reloading, although I wouldn't know since I've only tried it in Quake, a game with no reloading.

[quote=roboprod]I want to know if there's anyone that would support this cause of adding static viewmodels as an official thing into the game like in cs 1.6.[/quote]

static viewmodels are so much less intrusive than viewmodels with the sh*tty animations. The only problem is that I think it would be awkward reloading, although I wouldn't know since I've only tried it in Quake, a game with no reloading.
-5 Frags +
PhunkYou are a scrub if you don't play with viewmodels off anyways

i play with them on for everything but hitscan???

im a scrub guys since this guy said i am

[quote=Phunk]You are a scrub if you don't play with viewmodels off anyways[/quote]
i play with them on for everything but hitscan???

im a scrub guys since this guy said i am
refresh.tf
0 Frags +
MightyroboprodI want to know if there's anyone that would support this cause of adding static viewmodels as an official thing into the game like in cs 1.6.
static viewmodels are so much less intrusive than viewmodels with the sh*tty animations. The only problem is that I think it would be awkward reloading, although I wouldn't know since I've only tried it in Quake,= a game with no reloading.

I've tried it and it's not awkward at all, think about a it as a place in between the players that like to have the viewmodel as a reference and those whom the viewmodel takes too much of the screen.
Knowing this then reloading would be the same as without viewmodels just with the addition of an image that aids projectile weapons for some people including myself to be more accurate in long and short ranges, specially airshotting

[quote=Mighty][quote=roboprod]I want to know if there's anyone that would support this cause of adding static viewmodels as an official thing into the game like in cs 1.6.[/quote]

static viewmodels are so much less intrusive than viewmodels with the sh*tty animations. The only problem is that I think it would be awkward reloading, although I wouldn't know since I've only tried it in Quake,= a game with no reloading.[/quote]

I've tried it and it's not awkward at all, think about a it as a place in between the players that like to have the viewmodel as a reference and those whom the viewmodel takes too much of the screen.
Knowing this then reloading would be the same as without viewmodels just with the addition of an image that aids projectile weapons for some people including myself to be more accurate in long and short ranges, specially airshotting
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.