Upvote Upvoted 6 Downvote Downvoted
Inspect script
posted in Customization
0 Frags +

This script is for those of you who want to keep using r_drawviewmodel 0 but also want to be able to inspect their weapons with viewmodels on
Thanks to Flame

alias toggleon "bind f +insp"
alias toggleoff "bind f +nomodel"

alias +insp "r_drawviewmodel 1; +inspect"
alias -insp "-inspect; toggleoff"

alias +nomodel "r_drawviewmodel 0"
alias -nomodel "toggleon"

bind f +insp
This script is for those of you who want to keep using r_drawviewmodel 0 but also want to be able to inspect their weapons with viewmodels on
Thanks to Flame

[code]

bind f +insp
[/code]
4 Frags +

green, medium, c7, c5? they're not aliased in this script :-) i guess they're crosshair types, sizes and colors in your own script. might as well remove them from this one though.

green, medium, c7, c5? they're not aliased in this script :-) i guess they're crosshair types, sizes and colors in your own script. might as well remove them from this one though.
4 Frags +

why would you ever bind your mouse1 mouse2 to send 2 commands at once when you can do it on slot changes?

bind 1 "slot1; r_drawviewmodel 0"
bind 2 "slot2; r_drawviewmodel 0"
bind 3 "slot3; r_drawviewmodel 1"

alias +inspecterino "r_drawviewmodel 1; +inspect"
alias -inspecterino "-inspect"

bind f "+inspecterino"

your entire script is some crazy shit, like everytime you melee with your script your viewmodels gonna disappear

why would you ever bind your mouse1 mouse2 to send 2 commands at once when you can do it on slot changes?

bind f "+inspecterino"

your entire script is some crazy shit, like everytime you melee with your script your viewmodels gonna disappear
2 Frags +
Bucakegreen, medium, c7, c5? they're not aliased in this script :-) i guess they're crosshair types, sizes and colors in your own script. might as well remove them from this one though.

Haha yes, I forgot to remove those

[quote=Bucake]green, medium, c7, c5? they're not aliased in this script :-) i guess they're crosshair types, sizes and colors in your own script. might as well remove them from this one though.[/quote]
Haha yes, I forgot to remove those
1 Frags +
flamewhy would you ever bind your mouse1 mouse2 to send 2 commands at once when you can do it on slot changes?

bind f "+inspecterino"

I want my viewmodels to dissappear as soon as I shoot, it is that simple, if I were to be inspecting my weapons and an enemy rushes me I don't want to have to think about first pressing my slot key mid fight

[quote=flame]why would you ever bind your mouse1 mouse2 to send 2 commands at once when you can do it on slot changes?

bind f "+inspecterino"

your entire script is some crazy shit, like everytime you melee with your script your viewmodels gonna disappear[/quote]
I want my viewmodels to dissappear as soon as I shoot, it is that simple, if I were to be inspecting my weapons and an enemy rushes me I don't want to have to think about first pressing my slot key mid fight
1 Frags +

if youre inspecting your weapons in a situation where an enemy can rush you you're doing it wrong.

and again every time you melee your weapon disappears

not to mention you have 4 instances of r_drawviewmodel 0 when in reality you need 2 max

if youre inspecting your weapons in a situation where an enemy can rush you you're doing it wrong.

not to mention you have 4 instances of r_drawviewmodel 0 when in reality you need 2 max
0 Frags +
flamewhy would you ever bind your mouse1 mouse2 to send 2 commands at once

i'm sure it can't hurt to have M1 send a few (or a lot) of commands.

but it's true that attacking with this script will make your melee viewmodel disappear as well. i prefer some visual feedback for melee myself :-)

[quote=flame]why would you ever bind your mouse1 mouse2 to send 2 commands at once[/quote]
i'm sure it can't hurt to have M1 send a few (or a lot) of commands.

but it's true that attacking with this script will make your melee viewmodel disappear as well. i prefer some visual feedback for melee myself :-)
0 Frags +
flameif youre inspecting your weapons in a situation where an enemy can rush you you're doing it wrong.

I don't think having melee viewmodels on compared to always have viewmodels off while shooting is worth it at all.

[quote=flame]if youre inspecting your weapons in a situation where an enemy can rush you you're doing it wrong.

not to mention you have 4 instances of r_drawviewmodel 0 when in reality you need 2 max[/quote]
I don't think having melee viewmodels on compared to always have viewmodels off while shooting is worth it at all.
0 Frags +

ok you want the real solution that just popped into my head

alias toggleon "bind f +insp;
alias toggleoff "bind f nomodel"

alias nomodel "r_drawviewmodel 0; toggleon;

bind f +insp

i THINK this should make your f key switch between inspecting and removing the viewmodel so you can just hit it again to get rid of it.

actually im pretty sure itll work

thank me later.

only downside is you might need to double tap it to inspect sometimes depending on where you are in the cycle but whatever.

ok you want the real solution that just popped into my head

bind f +insp

i THINK this should make your f key switch between inspecting and removing the viewmodel so you can just hit it again to get rid of it.

thank me later.

only downside is you might need to double tap it to inspect sometimes depending on where you are in the cycle but whatever.
2 Frags +
flameok you want the real solution that just popped into my head

bind f +insp

thank me later.

thanks man

[quote=flame]ok you want the real solution that just popped into my head

bind f +insp

thank me later.

only downside is you might need to double tap it to inspect sometimes depending on where you are in the cycle but whatever.[/quote]
thanks man
0 Frags +
flamewhy would you ever bind your mouse1 mouse2 to send 2 commands at once when you can do it on slot changes?

bind f "+inspecterino"

teensy addition to this, also:

bind 1 "slot1; alias viewmodel "r_drawviewmodel 0"; viewmodel"
bind 2 "slot2; alias viewmodel "r_drawviewmodel 0"; viewmodel"
bind 3 "slot3; alias viewmodel "r_drawviewmodel 1"; viewmodel"

alias -inspecterino "-inspect; viewmodel"

so once you're done inspecting, it immediately goes to either on or off depending on which slot you're on, so the second you let go of whatever key you got +inspecterino on, it's like it never happened

e: ninja'd, the other one flame showed above this works similarly

[quote=flame]why would you ever bind your mouse1 mouse2 to send 2 commands at once when you can do it on slot changes?

bind f "+inspecterino"

your entire script is some crazy shit, like everytime you melee with your script your viewmodels gonna disappear[/quote]

[code]bind 1 "slot1; alias viewmodel "r_drawviewmodel 0"; viewmodel"

alias -inspecterino "-inspect; viewmodel"[/code]

so once you're done inspecting, it immediately goes to either on or off depending on which slot you're on, so the second you let go of whatever key you got +inspecterino on, it's like it never happened

1 Frags +
PAPASTAINflamewhy would you ever bind your mouse1 mouse2 to send 2 commands at once when you can do it on slot changes?

bind f "+inspecterino"

bind 1 "slot1; alias viewmodel "r_drawviewmodel 0"; viewmodel"

alias -inspecterino "-inspect; viewmodel"

yours doesn't work anyway because when you do r_drawviewmodel 0 at the same time as a -inspect itll just take away the viewmodel and not show the inspect animation.

you cant hold down the key to do an inspect and every time you release the key your viewmodel goes away.

use the one i made and toggle a key for it

[quote=PAPASTAIN][quote=flame]why would you ever bind your mouse1 mouse2 to send 2 commands at once when you can do it on slot changes?

bind f "+inspecterino"

[code]bind 1 "slot1; alias viewmodel "r_drawviewmodel 0"; viewmodel"

alias -inspecterino "-inspect; viewmodel"[/code]

e: ninja'd, the other one flame showed above this works similarly[/quote]

yours doesn't work anyway because when you do r_drawviewmodel 0 at the same time as a -inspect itll just take away the viewmodel and not show the inspect animation.

you cant hold down the key to do an inspect and every time you release the key your viewmodel goes away.

use the one i made and toggle a key for it
0 Frags +

ah, my b then

ah, my b then
2 Frags +

So what's the actual use of inspecting? Do you mean inspecting your own weapon or inspecting what someone else has?

So what's the actual use of inspecting? Do you mean inspecting your own weapon or inspecting what someone else has?
1 Frags +
RainmanSo what's the actual use of inspecting? Do you mean inspecting your own weapon or inspecting what someone else has?

It will look cute in frag videos

[quote=Rainman]So what's the actual use of inspecting? Do you mean inspecting your own weapon or inspecting what someone else has?[/quote]
It will look cute in frag videos
0 Frags +
flameok you want the real solution that just popped into my head

bind f +insp

thank me later.

I just tested the script and it only works once, after that it will be stuck on either on or off forever

[quote=flame]ok you want the real solution that just popped into my head

bind f +insp

thank me later.

only downside is you might need to double tap it to inspect sometimes depending on where you are in the cycle but whatever.[/quote]
I just tested the script and it only works once, after that it will be stuck on either on or off forever
1 Frags +

bind f +insp

bind f +insp
-3 Frags +
//Viewmodeltoggle Script
alias SON "echo VMT loaded..."
alias SOFF "echo VMT unloaded..."

bind mwheelup nextinv
bind mwheeldown previnv
bind e prevwep

bind 1 QLslot1
bind 2 QLslot2
bind 3 QLslot3
alias QLslot1 primarywep
alias QLslot2 secondarywep
alias QLslot3 meleewep

alias primarywep "r_drawviewmodel 1;slot1;alias vmodel "r_drawviewmodel 0";alias nextinv meleewep;alias previnv secondarywep;alias prevwep lastprim;alias lastmelee primarywep;alias lastsec primarywep"
alias secondarywep "r_drawviewmodel 1;slot2;alias vmodel "r_drawviewmodel 0";alias nextinv primarywep;alias previnv meleewep;alias prevwep lastsec;alias lastmelee secondarywep;alias lastprim secondarywep"
alias meleewep "r_drawviewmodel 1;slot3;alias vmodel "r_drawviewmodel 1";alias nextinv secondarywep;alias previnv primarywep;alias prevwep lastmelee;alias lastprim meleewep;alias lastsec meleewep"

alias VMTlever VMToff
alias VMToff "SOFF;alias VMTlever VMTon;r_drawviewmodel 1;alias vmodel "r_drawviewmodel 1";alias QLslot1 slot1;alias QLslot2 slot2;alias QLslot3 slot3;bind e lastinv;bind mwheelup invprev;bind mwheeldown invnext"
alias VMTon "exec VMT"

primarywep;SON

Dont ask why im posting this.

[code]//Viewmodeltoggle Script
alias SON "echo VMT loaded..."
alias SOFF "echo VMT unloaded..."

bind mwheelup nextinv
bind mwheeldown previnv
bind e prevwep

bind 1 QLslot1
bind 2 QLslot2
bind 3 QLslot3
alias QLslot1 primarywep
alias QLslot2 secondarywep
alias QLslot3 meleewep

alias primarywep "r_drawviewmodel 1;slot1;alias vmodel "r_drawviewmodel 0";alias nextinv meleewep;alias previnv secondarywep;alias prevwep lastprim;alias lastmelee primarywep;alias lastsec primarywep"
alias secondarywep "r_drawviewmodel 1;slot2;alias vmodel "r_drawviewmodel 0";alias nextinv primarywep;alias previnv meleewep;alias prevwep lastsec;alias lastmelee secondarywep;alias lastprim secondarywep"
alias meleewep "r_drawviewmodel 1;slot3;alias vmodel "r_drawviewmodel 1";alias nextinv secondarywep;alias previnv primarywep;alias prevwep lastmelee;alias lastprim meleewep;alias lastsec meleewep"

alias VMTlever VMToff
alias VMToff "SOFF;alias VMTlever VMTon;r_drawviewmodel 1;alias vmodel "r_drawviewmodel 1";alias QLslot1 slot1;alias QLslot2 slot2;alias QLslot3 slot3;bind e lastinv;bind mwheelup invprev;bind mwheeldown invnext"
alias VMTon "exec VMT"

primarywep;SON[/code]

Dont ask why im posting this.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.