Upvote Upvoted 1 Downvote Downvoted
Laptop fps troubles
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Not sure if this is the right place, but the people here seem to know what they're talking about

I just purchased my laptop, with the sole purpose of running tf2

It can't though, even with dx level 80 used, and chris's maxframes installed, it still cant get above 30. It sometimes bounces from a rare 80-85, but mostly stays at 30-40.

Here are the specs
AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 2.00 ghZ
4 GB
64 Bit, 64 processer
Windows 8.1

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Not sure if this is the right place, but the people here seem to know what they're talking about

I just purchased my laptop, with the sole purpose of running tf2

It can't though, even with dx level 80 used, and chris's maxframes installed, it still cant get above 30. It sometimes bounces from a rare 80-85, but mostly stays at 30-40.

Here are the specs
AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 2.00 ghZ
4 GB
64 Bit, 64 processer
Windows 8.1

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
0 Frags +

Pretty much all laptops have integrated graphics card, which is really bad for gaming. Also, your processor is not that good and tf2 relies heavily on your CPU

Pretty much all laptops have integrated graphics card, which is really bad for gaming. Also, your processor is not that good and tf2 relies heavily on your CPU
0 Frags +

Make sure you're running on high performance settings and not battery saving or whatever, should be able to change by clicking the battery icon on the desktop.

Make sure you're running on high performance settings and not battery saving or whatever, should be able to change by clicking the battery icon on the desktop.
0 Frags +
m0nkeiPretty much all laptops have integrated graphics card, which is really bad for gaming. Also, your processor is not that good and tf2 relies heavily on your CPU

Solutions? I really dont want to buy a new laptop lol

[quote=m0nkei]Pretty much all laptops have integrated graphics card, which is really bad for gaming. Also, your processor is not that good and tf2 relies heavily on your CPU[/quote]

0 Frags +
Quazzym0nkeiPretty much all laptops have integrated graphics card, which is really bad for gaming. Also, your processor is not that good and tf2 relies heavily on your CPU

What Hyperi0n said, lower your resolution, clean your PC often.

You could also try this mod that disable hats

[quote=Quazzy][quote=m0nkei]Pretty much all laptops have integrated graphics card, which is really bad for gaming. Also, your processor is not that good and tf2 relies heavily on your CPU[/quote]

Solutions? I really dont want to buy a new laptop lol[/quote]

What Hyperi0n said, lower your resolution, clean your PC often.

You could also try this [url=http://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/16179/no-hats-mod]mod that disable hats[/url]
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.