Upvote Upvoted 25 Downvote Downvoted
1 2
6v6 NA Rules = EU Rules ?
0 Frags +

After much discussion about rules
http://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/26502/razer-arena-adds-tf2

why not talk about the possibility of having same rule set in NA, since that's the one they use at the I-series. Both prem teams and invite times will be more familiar with them and most lickly increase the competition

just my humble opinion

After much discussion about rules
http://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/26502/razer-arena-adds-tf2

why not talk about the possibility of having same rule set in NA, since that's the one they use at the I-series. Both prem teams and invite times will be more familiar with them and most lickly increase the competition

just my humble opinion
-29 Frags +

I love parking the bus

I love parking the bus
21 Frags +
Knuckles_I love parking the bus

If you're talking about the eu ruleset that has been disproved time and time again, it's all in teams mentality, NA ruleset is as much or even more prone to stalemates than EU ruleset

Not mentioning the increased logistics of running the na ruleset which implies external plugins, etc...

[quote=Knuckles_]I love parking the bus[/quote]
If you're talking about the eu ruleset that has been disproved time and time again, it's all in teams mentality, NA ruleset is as much or even more prone to stalemates than EU ruleset

Not mentioning the increased logistics of running the na ruleset which implies external plugins, etc...
7 Frags +

i like the eu ruleset more but i dont get how that would increase the competition

i like the eu ruleset more but i dont get how that would increase the competition
13 Frags +

I think we should be moving towards united rules and whitelists, but people will be very reluctant to change. There are merits to both ways of running the rules, personally I think EU is better because it's better for scheduling and provides tense time-based moments towards the end of close games but equally there are problems (dead time at the end of maps for a few minutes, no half-time, potential for stalemates - though that doesn't happen in practice).

I think we should be moving towards united rules and whitelists, but people will be very reluctant to change. There are merits to both ways of running the rules, personally I think EU is better because it's better for scheduling and provides tense time-based moments towards the end of close games but equally there are problems (dead time at the end of maps for a few minutes, no half-time, [i]potential[/i] for stalemates - though that doesn't happen in practice).
-2 Frags +
KanecoKnuckles_I love parking the busIf you're talking about the eu ruleset that has been disproved time and time again, it's all in teams mentality, NA ruleset is as much or even more prone to stalemates than EU ruleset

It's not fair we have b4nny though. King of stalemate tf2

https://youtu.be/bUhj_Tk0stE?t=8m35s

[quote=Kaneco][quote=Knuckles_]I love parking the bus[/quote]

Not mentioning the increased logistics of running the na ruleset which implies external plugins, etc...[/quote]

It's not fair we have b4nny though. King of stalemate tf2

https://youtu.be/bUhj_Tk0stE?t=8m35s
9 Frags +

i like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week
what they use at iseries isnt important because iseries might not always be the big tf2 lan

i like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week
what they use at iseries isnt important because iseries might not always be the big tf2 lan
-3 Frags +

Can't we have an organization like FIS or FIFA?

Can't we have an organization like FIS or FIFA?
3 Frags +

if the majority of people is asking for it we can push eaea admins to at least consider it(idk if it hasn't been considered recently or in the past)

if the majority of people is asking for it we can push eaea admins to at least consider it(idk if it hasn't been considered recently or in the past)
2 Frags +
CHERRYCan't we have an organization like FIS or FIFA?

fifa lol

[quote=CHERRY]Can't we have an organization like FIS or FIFA?[/quote]

fifa lol
9 Frags +
pamphleti like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week

Well between both maps it's technically halftime.

Also afaik all other scenes are using EU rules (Ozfortress, AsiaFortress) and i think fbtf as well.

[quote=pamphlet]i like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week
what they use at iseries isnt important because iseries might not always be the big tf2 lan[/quote]

Also afaik all other scenes are using EU rules (Ozfortress, AsiaFortress) and i think fbtf as well.
13 Frags +
Kanecopamphleti like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week

ozfortress has halves actually.

[quote=Kaneco][quote=pamphlet]i like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week
what they use at iseries isnt important because iseries might not always be the big tf2 lan[/quote]

Also afaik all other scenes are using EU rules (Ozfortress, AsiaFortress) and i think fbtf as well.[/quote]
[b]o[/b]zfortress has halves actually.
11 Frags +

As a viewer I personally prefer a EU style, 2 30min maps makes it short and sweet, and as kaneco mentioned, you get a sort of half time between maps.

Long matches might me nice because it means more TF2 for the viewer but it drags if no one pushes for 20 minutes

question for teams that scrim and practice alot, do you not get tiered of doing scrims on the same map all week? The second map ads diversity

As a viewer I personally prefer a EU style, 2 30min maps makes it short and sweet, and as kaneco mentioned, you get a sort of half time between maps.

Long matches might me nice because it means more TF2 for the viewer but it drags if no one pushes for 20 minutes

question for teams that scrim and practice alot, do you not get tiered of doing scrims on the same map all week? The second map ads diversity
2 Frags +

Can someone say what the differences between leagues/regions are? I thought I knew the ruleset differences but this thread's made me realize that I've got no clue.

Can someone say what the differences between leagues/regions are? I thought I knew the ruleset differences but this thread's made me realize that I've got no clue.
3 Frags +
Kanecopamphleti like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week

A team that needs and uses the 'halftime' in europe to talk things through will already have condeded the points for one whole map. While in NA, both maps in the week have a half time so you get the chance to gather your heads and pull it back and get points for each map.

[quote=Kaneco][quote=pamphlet]i like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week
Well between both maps it's technically halftime.[/quote]

A team that needs and uses the 'halftime' in europe to talk things through will already have condeded the points for one whole map. While in NA, both maps in the week have a half time so you get the chance to gather your heads and pull it back and get points for each map.
5 Frags +

Also has that unpredictability of being 2 different maps, can lead to 1 team win 1 map and then the other team being more experienced in the second map. I find it a good change of pace and as a viewer is interesting as well seing performance of the same team on 2 different maps.

CHERRYozfortress has halves actually.

i stand corrected

Also has that unpredictability of being 2 different maps, can lead to 1 team win 1 map and then the other team being more experienced in the second map. I find it a good change of pace and as a viewer is interesting as well seing performance of the same team on 2 different maps.

[quote=CHERRY]
[b]o[/b]zfortress has halves actually.[/quote]
i stand corrected
8 Frags +

And we can never fight, 'parking the bus' teams can do it on any rule set, except EU rule makes it end faster if it's a bad game

And we can never fight, 'parking the bus' teams can do it on any rule set, except EU rule makes it end faster if it's a bad game
2 Frags +
Teapot_Kanecopamphleti like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week

Halftime is a great feature imo, I really like it, but it does rely on a plugin. In the 2nd half there's no way built into the game of setting the winlimits properly.

[quote=Teapot_][quote=Kaneco][quote=pamphlet]i like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week

A team that needs and uses the 'halftime' in europe to talk things through will already have condeded the points for one whole map. While in NA, both maps in the week have a half time so you get the chance to gather your heads and pull it back and get points for each map.[/quote]

Halftime is a great feature imo, I really like it, but it does rely on a plugin. In the 2nd half there's no way built into the game of setting the winlimits properly.
1 Frags +
Teapot_Kanecopamphleti like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week

In addition to this halftime is important because most maps have different stuff on red and blu sides, and even if it's only a tiny difference (like process or gully) it could still make a huge difference. Hopefully we will be switching to granary pro soon so at least the massive differences per side on granary won't be an issue if halftime is removed.

[quote=Teapot_][quote=Kaneco][quote=pamphlet]i like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week

A team that needs and uses the 'halftime' in europe to talk things through will already have condeded the points for one whole map. While in NA, both maps in the week have a half time so you get the chance to gather your heads and pull it back and get points for each map.[/quote]

In addition to this halftime is important because most maps have different stuff on red and blu sides, and even if it's only a tiny difference (like process or gully) it could still make a huge difference. Hopefully we will be switching to granary pro soon so at least the massive differences per side on granary won't be an issue if halftime is removed.
6 Frags +
JarateKingCan someone say what the differences between leagues/regions are? I thought I knew the ruleset differences but this thread's made me realize that I've got no clue.

NA and AU: One map per match and week. The first half is first to 3 rounds won or 30 minutes, whichever comes first. The second half is first to 5 total rounds won (between first and second halves), or 30 minutes, whichever comes first. If the teams are tied after the second half, there is then a tiebreaker (golden cap) round.

EU: Two maps per week and match. For each map, there are 30 minutes allowed. If any team is up by 5 rounds at any point, they win the map and move on to the other one. If the score is tied at the end of 30 minutes for either map, play a tiebreaker round on that map. 3 points for winning a map outright, 2 for winning in golden cap, 1 for losing in golden cap, 0 if lost normally. Add points earned for all maps throughout the season to determine placement.

[quote=JarateKing]Can someone say what the differences between leagues/regions are? I thought I knew the ruleset differences but this thread's made me realize that I've got no clue.[/quote]
NA and AU: One map per match and week. The first half is first to 3 rounds won or 30 minutes, whichever comes first. The second half is first to 5 total rounds won (between first and second halves), or 30 minutes, whichever comes first. If the teams are tied after the second half, there is then a tiebreaker (golden cap) round.

EU: Two maps per week and match. For each map, there are 30 minutes allowed. If any team is up by 5 rounds at any point, they win the map and move on to the other one. If the score is tied at the end of 30 minutes for either map, play a tiebreaker round on that map. 3 points for winning a map outright, 2 for winning in golden cap, 1 for losing in golden cap, 0 if lost normally. Add points earned for all maps throughout the season to determine placement.
-2 Frags +
deetrTeapot_Kanecopamphleti like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week

then we add a rule like in tennis, switch sides every 3 rounds

[quote=deetr][quote=Teapot_][quote=Kaneco][quote=pamphlet]i like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week

In addition to this halftime is important because most maps have different stuff on red and blu sides, and even if it's only a tiny difference (like process or gully) it could still make a huge difference. Hopefully we will be switching to granary pro soon so at least the massive differences per side on granary won't be an issue if halftime is removed.[/quote]

then we add a rule like in tennis, switch sides every 3 rounds
3 Frags +

http://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/18949/ruleset-discussion

I'd love to see a season of ESEA where we try out the 30 minute time limit and / or 5 win difference. Though to be more realistic, maybe trying the ruleset in a tournament or something first. But NA has already had exposure to the ruleset, and overall I just think the games flow better, we shouldn't be afraid of trying this out.

http://www.teamfortress.tv/thread/18949/ruleset-discussion

I'd love to see a season of ESEA where we try out the 30 minute time limit and / or 5 win difference. Though to be more realistic, maybe trying the ruleset in a tournament or something first. But NA has already had exposure to the ruleset, and overall I just think the games flow better, we shouldn't be afraid of trying this out.
4 Frags +
CHERRYKanecopamphleti like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week

halves AND 2 maps WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[quote=CHERRY][quote=Kaneco][quote=pamphlet]i like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week

Also afaik all other scenes are using EU rules (Ozfortress, AsiaFortress) and i think fbtf as well.[/quote]
14 Frags +

Most NA teams scrim 30 minutes with win limit 5
I've always been confused as to why we don't play matches and scrims with the same setups
I really like the idea of half time for each map, gives time to correct errors for that map specifically
playing two maps / week wouldn't be bad, any team I am on would scrim the first then the second map back to back with the same team much like how euros do it now

GXL ran EU ruleset last year and it wasn't bad
stalemates originate more from play than from rulesets
I'm curious as to how 2 20 minute half 2 map setup windifference 5 would work, matches would work out to be about 90-100 minutes long which is not really that ridiculous in my mind

Most NA teams scrim 30 minutes with win limit 5
I've always been confused as to why we don't play matches and scrims with the same setups
I really like the idea of half time for each map, gives time to correct errors for that map specifically
playing two maps / week wouldn't be bad, any team I am on would scrim the first then the second map back to back with the same team much like how euros do it now

GXL ran EU ruleset last year and it wasn't bad
stalemates originate more from play than from rulesets
I'm curious as to how 2 20 minute half 2 map setup windifference 5 would work, matches would work out to be about 90-100 minutes long which is not really that ridiculous in my mind
0 Frags +

Just throwing an idea out there: How about trying the option of a three-minute freeze time(like a time out) at the start of a new round(once per map, once per team), using the EU ruleset? You could make a chat command which has to be given before the next round's freeze time stops or before the next round begins, just like pauses.

Just throwing an idea out there: How about trying the option of a three-minute freeze time(like a time out) at the start of a new round(once per map, once per team), using the EU ruleset? You could make a chat command which has to be given before the next round's freeze time stops or before the next round begins, just like pauses.
2 Frags +
botmodeI'm curious as to how 2 20 minute half 2 map setup windifference 5 would work, matches would work out to be about 90-100 minutes long which is not really that ridiculous in my mind

That's a suggestion that's been thrown around for a while but no one's actually tested it to the best of my knowledge.

OsirisJust throwing an idea out there: How about trying the option of a three-minute freeze time(like a time out) at the start of a new round(once per map, once per team), using the EU ruleset? You could make a chat command which has to be given before the next round's freeze time stops or before the next round begins, just like pauses.

Prem players have been asking for strategic pauses to be allowed for ages now and some faked real pauses (*cough* ipz's mouse *cough*) to get them.

[quote=botmode]I'm curious as to how 2 20 minute half 2 map setup windifference 5 would work, matches would work out to be about 90-100 minutes long which is not really that ridiculous in my mind[/quote]

That's a suggestion that's been thrown around for a while but no one's actually tested it to the best of my knowledge.

[quote=Osiris]Just throwing an idea out there: How about trying the option of a three-minute freeze time(like a time out) at the start of a new round(once per map, once per team), using the EU ruleset? You could make a chat command which has to be given before the next round's freeze time stops or before the next round begins, just like pauses.[/quote]

Prem players have been asking for strategic pauses to be allowed for ages now and some faked real pauses (*cough* ipz's mouse *cough*) to get them.
0 Frags +
riot124CHERRYKanecopamphleti like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week

Ok, let's not follow this path

[quote=riot124][quote=CHERRY][quote=Kaneco][quote=pamphlet]i like halftime and i dont like playing 2 maps a week

halves AND 2 maps WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF[/quote]
Ok, let's not follow this path
0 Frags +
OsirisJust throwing an idea out there: How about trying the option of a three-minute freeze time(like a time out) at the start of a new round(once per map, once per team), using the EU ruleset? You could make a chat command which has to be given before the next round's freeze time stops or before the next round begins, just like pauses.

The problem with utilizing pre-round freeze time is that the map timer does not stop (and cannot be stopped manually with how it's implemented by Valve), so any such timeout eats into map time, which is ripe for strategic abuse.

[quote=Osiris]Just throwing an idea out there: How about trying the option of a three-minute freeze time(like a time out) at the start of a new round(once per map, once per team), using the EU ruleset? You could make a chat command which has to be given before the next round's freeze time stops or before the next round begins, just like pauses.[/quote]

The problem with utilizing pre-round freeze time is that the map timer does not stop (and cannot be stopped manually with how it's implemented by Valve), so any such timeout eats into map time, which is ripe for strategic abuse.
6 Frags +
CHERRYCan't we have an organization like FIS or FIFA?

We have it already, it's called TFTV!

[quote=CHERRY]Can't we have an organization like FIS or FIFA?[/quote]

We have it already, it's called TFTV!
0 Frags +
tscOsirisJust throwing an idea out there: How about trying the option of a three-minute freeze time(like a time out) at the start of a new round(once per map, once per team), using the EU ruleset? You could make a chat command which has to be given before the next round's freeze time stops or before the next round begins, just like pauses.

Ah, that's a real bummer. Would it be impossible to add five minutes of map time when the freeze is initiated? I guess you could just do it with a pause if it's impossible.

[quote=tsc][quote=Osiris]Just throwing an idea out there: How about trying the option of a three-minute freeze time(like a time out) at the start of a new round(once per map, once per team), using the EU ruleset? You could make a chat command which has to be given before the next round's freeze time stops or before the next round begins, just like pauses.[/quote]

The problem with utilizing pre-round freeze time is that the map timer does not stop (and cannot be stopped manually with how it's implemented by Valve), so any such timeout eats into map time, which is ripe for strategic abuse.[/quote]
Ah, that's a real bummer. Would it be impossible to add five minutes of map time when the freeze is initiated? I guess you could just do it with a pause if it's impossible.
1 2
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.