Upvote Upvoted 0 Downvote Downvoted
Does anyone notice how much smoother it feels?
0 Frags +

This feels 10x smoother than before the update. I think we may be running source 2 or something, and the UI changes support the theory.

This feels 10x smoother than before the update. I think we may be running source 2 or something, and the UI changes support the theory.
29 Frags +

lol if we were on source 2 im pretty sure we would know about it. that would be valves main advertising point for the update

lol if we were on source 2 im pretty sure we would know about it. that would be valves main advertising point for the update
-10 Frags +
BumFreezelol if we were on source 2 im pretty sure we would know about it. that would be valves main advertising point for the update

I really don't know wats going on, but it feels INFINITELY smoother. Rocket jumps also feel weird to me. Is it just me?

[quote=BumFreeze]lol if we were on source 2 im pretty sure we would know about it. that would be valves main advertising point for the update[/quote]
I really don't know wats going on, but it feels INFINITELY smoother. Rocket jumps also feel weird to me. Is it just me?
0 Frags +

They are different.
You also cannot do a crouch jump (lol)

They are different.
You also cannot do a crouch jump (lol)
4 Frags +
MightyBumFreezelol if we were on source 2 im pretty sure we would know about it. that would be valves main advertising point for the updateI really don't know wats going on, but it feels INFINITELY smoother. Rocket jumps also feel weird to me. Is it just me?

rocket jumping is currently dead
source: basically everyone on the last 3 pages of the gun mettle megathread.

[quote=Mighty][quote=BumFreeze]lol if we were on source 2 im pretty sure we would know about it. that would be valves main advertising point for the update[/quote]
I really don't know wats going on, but it feels INFINITELY smoother. Rocket jumps also feel weird to me. Is it just me?[/quote]
rocket jumping is currently dead
source: basically everyone on the last 3 pages of the gun mettle megathread.
9 Frags +

Actually this update killed my fps for some reason. From 140 yesterday to 80 today.

Actually this update killed my fps for some reason. From 140 yesterday to 80 today.
0 Frags +
supermanActually this update killed my fps for some reason. From 140 yesterday to 80 today.

were you playing on Borneo? i get 300fps normally and 40 on Borneo

[quote=superman]Actually this update killed my fps for some reason. From 140 yesterday to 80 today.[/quote]
were you playing on Borneo? i get 300fps normally and 40 on Borneo
0 Frags +

no idea but it feels slightly smoother to me too idk :S

no idea but it feels slightly smoother to me too idk :S
0 Frags +

I'm having moments where my FPS is fantastic and moments where it's complete garbage

It's not Source 2 though. Custom UIs work too well for it to be Source 2. The 3d model previews are cool but they aren't new, they already used a similar preview for your loadout page. All they had to do was embed it in a new panel and voila.

I'm having moments where my FPS is fantastic and moments where it's complete garbage

It's not Source 2 though. Custom UIs work too well for it to be Source 2. The 3d model previews are cool but they aren't new, they already used a similar preview for your loadout page. All they had to do was embed it in a new panel and voila.
2 Frags +

is literally everyone using dx9 now because of the update?

is literally everyone using dx9 now because of the update?
4 Frags +

Before update FPS: I get about 150-200
After Update FPS: 70-130

Before update FPS: I get about 150-200
0 Frags +
AuraMixBefore update FPS: I get about 150-200

Did you switch to dx9 or are you on the same dx level you were before the update? Seems kind of insane to close to half the framerate with one update.

[quote=AuraMix]Before update FPS: I get about 150-200
After Update FPS: 70-130[/quote]

Did you switch to dx9 or are you on the same dx level you were before the update? Seems kind of insane to close to half the framerate with one update.
1 Frags +
deetrDid you switch to dx9 or are you on the same dx level you were before the update? Seems kind of insane to close to half the framerate with one update.

keep in mind the whole item drop system means more ragdolls to track/calculate, skins on weapons are complex to render if they're really using a bunch of different offsets, and players that may have not used outlines are now having to do that

plus huds havent been updated so broken huds might be causing performance issues from errors

[quote=deetr]
Did you switch to dx9 or are you on the same dx level you were before the update? Seems kind of insane to close to half the framerate with one update.[/quote]
keep in mind the whole item drop system means more ragdolls to track/calculate, skins on weapons are complex to render if they're really using a bunch of different offsets, and players that may have not used outlines are now having to do that

plus huds havent been updated so broken huds might be causing performance issues from errors
1 Frags +

I've crashed about 6-7 times tonight so I'm gonna say no

I've crashed about 6-7 times tonight so I'm gonna say no
0 Frags +
yttriumdeetrDid you switch to dx9 or are you on the same dx level you were before the update? Seems kind of insane to close to half the framerate with one update.keep in mind the whole item drop system means more ragdolls to track/calculate, skins on weapons are complex to render if they're really using a bunch of different offsets, and players that may have not used outlines are now having to do that

u're probably right, i feel like it's smoother but i've switched to default hud plus im on dx8, so ye, might be it

[quote=yttrium][quote=deetr]
Did you switch to dx9 or are you on the same dx level you were before the update? Seems kind of insane to close to half the framerate with one update.[/quote]

plus huds havent been updated so broken huds might be causing performance issues from errors[/quote]

u're probably right, i feel like it's smoother but i've switched to default hud plus im on dx8, so ye, might be it
0 Frags +

smoother here but only when <10 players are onscreen, more than that it's normal

I always played on dx9

smoother here but only when <10 players are onscreen, more than that it's normal

I always played on dx9
0 Frags +

The game runs much smoother for me, but I'm still on DX8. Everything looks anti-aliased too, even though I have all AA settings disabled.

The game runs much smoother for me, but I'm still on DX8. Everything looks anti-aliased too, even though I have all AA settings disabled.
1 Frags +

8 Frags +

placebo

placebo
0 Frags +

1 Frags +

There's something slightly different in the coloring for me, but I haven't figured out what it is yet. The game looks a little crisper in its graphics. I haven't changed my settings and it's on more than just gorgeous Suijin, so I don't think it's just in my head.

However, Borneo trees have once again disappeared for me, as well as certain props on Snowplow, so it could all just be a quirk of my computer and/or graphic card.

I'm looking forward to seeing how things look/play after today's patch.

There's something slightly different in the coloring for me, but I haven't figured out what it is yet. The game looks a little crisper in its graphics. I haven't changed my settings and it's on more than just gorgeous Suijin, so I don't think it's just in my head.

However, Borneo trees have once again disappeared for me, as well as certain props on Snowplow, so it [i]could[/i] all just be a quirk of my computer and/or graphic card.

I'm looking forward to seeing how things look/play after today's patch.
0 Frags +

0 Frags +

This update pretty much halved my fps. It was pretty unplayable so I switched from dx9 to dx8.

This update pretty much halved my fps. It was pretty unplayable so I switched from dx9 to dx8.
1 Frags +

I ran this benchmark, noticed no difference in fps whatsoever between before the update and now.
So

razkarplacebo

[edit] I also use dx8, perhaps this issue concerns more dx9 users ?

I ran this [url=https://teamfortress.tv/thread/7598/tf2-benchmarks]benchmark[/url], noticed no difference in fps whatsoever between before the update and now.
So
[quote=razkar]placebo[/quote]

[edit] I also use dx8, perhaps this issue concerns more dx9 users ?
0 Frags +

yea, process looks really different to me, the ground is really bright

yea, process looks really different to me, the ground is really bright
-3 Frags +

5 Frags +

game feels smoother for me and i have the same amount of frames 180-240

game feels smoother for me and i have the same amount of frames 180-240
1 Frags +

rockets and jumps looks faster but im having less fps

rockets and jumps looks faster but im having less fps
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.