Upvote Upvoted 3 Downvote Downvoted
Can't play my demos
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

For some reason I can't play my demo. All I got was this message "CDemoFile::Open: couldn't open file tf2demo1.dem for reading."

For some reason I can't play my demo. All I got was this message "CDemoFile::Open: couldn't open file tf2demo1.dem for reading."
0 Frags +

Are you using the demoui? If so, try using console commands. Have you tried both? Given the probs I had in the past, that might work. If you tried both? I think you're out of luck.

Okay, okay, barring the joking in the last statement above, it's possible the demo file's corrupted for whatever reason or something weird's checked in the file properties. Not a demo expert, though; calling fellow fortress gamers.

Are you using the demoui? If so, try using console commands. Have you tried both? Given the probs I had in the past, that might work. If you tried both? I think you're out of luck.

Okay, okay, barring the joking in the last statement above, it's possible the demo file's corrupted for whatever reason or something weird's checked in the file properties. Not a demo expert, though; calling fellow fortress gamers.
0 Frags +
radeonAre you using the demoui? If so, try using console commands. Have you tried both? Given the probs I had in the past, that might work. If you tried both? I think you're out of luck.

I used the "playdemo" command. What's demoui?

[quote=radeon]Are you using the demoui? If so, try using console commands. Have you tried both? Given the probs I had in the past, that might work. If you tried both? I think you're out of luck.

Okay, okay, barring the joking in the last statement above, it's possible the demo file's corrupted for whatever reason or something weird's checked in the file properties. Not a demo expert, though; calling fellow fortress gamers.[/quote]
0 Frags +
ConcordiaradeonAre you using the demoui? If so, try using console commands. Have you tried both? Given the probs I had in the past, that might work. If you tried both? I think you're out of luck.

shift+f2

[quote=Concordia][quote=radeon]Are you using the demoui? If so, try using console commands. Have you tried both? Given the probs I had in the past, that might work. If you tried both? I think you're out of luck.

Okay, okay, barring the joking in the last statement above, it's possible the demo file's corrupted for whatever reason or something weird's checked in the file properties. Not a demo expert, though; calling fellow fortress gamers.[/quote]
I used the "playdemo" command. What's demoui?[/quote]

shift+f2
0 Frags +

Under console commands there's an explanation of demoui/demoui2:
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Help:Recording_demos

Post if you get the same result or not after trying. I wouldn't hold your hopes high since more issues typically occur w/ demoui/demoui2 than the playdemo command -- I think the .dem file is either corrupted, or has an odd setting in properties. Again, I'm not sure.

Under console commands there's an explanation of demoui/demoui2:
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Help:Recording_demos

Post if you get the same result or not after trying. I wouldn't hold your hopes high since more issues typically occur w/ demoui/demoui2 than the playdemo command -- I think the .dem file is either corrupted, or has an odd setting in properties. Again, I'm not sure.
6 Frags +

well that sure sucks because in a few hours they'll be broken anyway

http://i.imgur.com/xxDl1mx.png

well that sure sucks because in a few hours they'll be broken anyway [img]http://i.imgur.com/xxDl1mx.png[/img]
3 Frags +

That error message only appeared to me when I had oddly named demo files, (with extra . or spaces) by renaming the demo I was able to play these demos every time. But if your demo name is really tf2demo1.dem that might not be the case

That error message only appeared to me when I had oddly named demo files, (with extra . or spaces) by renaming the demo I was able to play these demos every time. But if your demo name is really tf2demo1.dem that might not be the case
0 Frags +

I got this error when I was making a frag vid for a friend and using demos he sent to me, and re-copy pasting the demo files fixed it for me

I got this error when I was making a frag vid for a friend and using demos he sent to me, and re-copy pasting the demo files fixed it for me
0 Frags +

try putting the name in speech marks "like this.dem"

try putting the name in speech marks "like this.dem"
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.