Upvote Upvoted 2 Downvote Downvoted
Is this a mouse or mousepad problem?
posted in Q/A Help
0 Frags +

Using a Zowie FK and a Puretrak talent

been using both for quite a while I washed the puretrak multiple times in the washer/dryer (maybe thats why?)

recently my mouse is having troubles tracking diagonally on most of the pad or in any direction if I do it fast it will just get stuttery and barely move

if I take the mouse off the pad and blow on the sensor or point it toward my fan then its fine I just have to keep doing it everyone 20 or so seconds and its fine besides once where it completely shit itself for an entire round no matter where I was on the pad or how I was aiming it was jittery and barely moving

if I plug in my old ass deathadder it has no problems anywhere on the pad

so I was just wondering if this was the Zowie FK or my puretrak talent fucking up or maybe both? keep in mind I have been using them together for so long with no problems its probably been nearly a year maybe longer for my Zowie FK

Using a Zowie FK and a Puretrak talent

been using both for quite a while I washed the puretrak multiple times in the washer/dryer (maybe thats why?)

recently my mouse is having troubles tracking diagonally on most of the pad or in any direction if I do it fast it will just get stuttery and barely move

if I take the mouse off the pad and blow on the sensor or point it toward my fan then its fine I just have to keep doing it everyone 20 or so seconds and its fine besides once where it completely shit itself for an entire round no matter where I was on the pad or how I was aiming it was jittery and barely moving

if I plug in my old ass deathadder it has no problems anywhere on the pad

so I was just wondering if this was the Zowie FK or my puretrak talent fucking up or maybe both? keep in mind I have been using them together for so long with no problems its probably been nearly a year maybe longer for my Zowie FK
-1 Frags +

are u sure you just arent hitting the malfunction speed on the mouse

are u sure you just arent hitting the malfunction speed on the mouse
0 Frags +
Geknaiirare u sure you just arent hitting the malfunction speed on the mouse

im pretty sure thats not it it will happen at all speeds and its not a small jitter or stutter I could travel my entire mousepad and barely look around in game even with a decently fast sensitivity (7inches/360)

[quote=Geknaiir]are u sure you just arent hitting the malfunction speed on the mouse[/quote]

im pretty sure thats not it it will happen at all speeds and its not a small jitter or stutter I could travel my entire mousepad and barely look around in game even with a decently fast sensitivity (7inches/360)
1 Frags +

Idk I had a zowie ec1 eco and the sensor malfunctioned whenever I moved it at rocket jump speed. Was really dissapointed..

Idk I had a zowie ec1 eco and the sensor malfunctioned whenever I moved it at rocket jump speed. Was really dissapointed..
3 Frags +

The original sensors for the fk, ec1, and ec2 all had trouble tracking on mousepads that weren't fully black. It might've just taken a while to take effect, due to washing and wear

I'd say get one of the newer sensors (fk1/fk2)

The original sensors for the fk, ec1, and ec2 all had trouble tracking on mousepads that weren't fully black. It might've just taken a while to take effect, due to washing and wear

I'd say get one of the newer sensors (fk1/fk2)
0 Frags +

i had the same exact thing happen to my fk, got so bad to the point i couldn't rj at all.

i just bought a new mouse

i had the same exact thing happen to my fk, got so bad to the point i couldn't rj at all.

i just bought a new mouse
0 Frags +

Yeah it's the mousepad, I had this problem and once I switched to a steelseries qck+ (fully black) I had 0 problems at all. It's a cheaper solution than getting a new mouse, unless you are set on using the puretrak talent.

Yeah it's the mousepad, I had this problem and once I switched to a steelseries qck+ (fully black) I had 0 problems at all. It's a cheaper solution than getting a new mouse, unless you are set on using the puretrak talent.
Please sign in through STEAM to post a comment.